Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:43 am

Wedgie wrote:Queensland scrapping masks at 80% fully vaccinated which could be as soon as today.
Looking forward even more to my Port Douglas trip in less than 2 weeks time now!
They will hit 80% of first dose today but are still a month away from 80% fully vaccinated. I don’t think they have to wear masks everywhere up there anyhow currently
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby jo172 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:45 am

Wedgie wrote:Queensland scrapping masks at 80% fully vaccinated which could be as soon as today.
Looking forward even more to my Port Douglas trip in less than 2 weeks time now!

Not a hope in hell Queensland 80% doubled dosed by today. Single if they're lucky
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-09 084513.png
Screenshot 2021-11-09 084513.png (126.52 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:09 am

Jim05 wrote:
They will hit 80% of first dose today but are still a month away from 80% fully vaccinated. I don’t think they have to wear masks everywhere up there anyhow currently

My mistake, it's happening at 80% first dose which they will hit today.
Before today they had to wear masks indoors including schools, cafés, pubs, clubs, hairdressers and workplaces.
At this stage SA won't even get that at 80% double dose and possibly not even at 90%.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stan » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:43 am

Wedgie wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

My mistake, it's happening at 80% first dose which they will hit today.
Before today they had to wear masks indoors including schools, cafés, pubs, clubs, hairdressers and workplaces.
At this stage SA won't even get that at 80% double dose and possibly not even at 90%.
SA will probably trickle over the 80% mark in the next few weeks but won't go close to the 90% mark. So all these restrictions will stay in place for sometime.

Lord Nicola shall rule forever.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:22 am

Individual businesses will start to push the stragglers into getting the jab.

My employer yesterday announced the intention to release a new policy that gives them the authority to end our employment if we don't get jabbed without valid reason.

Don't get me wrong, it's wishy washy enough that they can step away from it should they be challenged too hard, but for now its enough for a lot of the guys on the fence / just being lazy, to go out and get it sorted.

For those interested on the method for the rollout of such a policy, they are using the WHS act, saying they have an obligation to provide a work environment that is as safe as reasonably practicable. Getting the jab decreases your ability to catch and spread the disease, protecting your colleagues. Therefore, it is reasonable for them to require the jab in order to continue your employment.

Some are saying they can't change your employment contract and they can only apply this to new employees, however the counter to that is your contract already requires you to follow WHS policy, and WHS policy is a fluid document that changes as risks and mitigations are discovered.

While I don't disagree with any of the above, it is an interesting debate as to if your employer should be allowed to require you to advise them of your vaccination status. (Ours doesn't, but the policy says you'll be treated as unvaxxed if you don't).
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby MW » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:29 am

my work is 1st Jan or dont come monday.
We've got a few who are on leave as of 1st Jan with the hope the mandated vaccine will be relaxed by the time they have used up all leave. if not, then they are done
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:35 am

MW wrote:my work is 1st Jan or dont come monday.
We've got a few who are on leave as of 1st Jan with the hope the mandated vaccine will be relaxed by the time they have used up all leave. if not, then they are done

We had the DCM yesterday without a vac.
Several people didn’t show up at work and 2 are said to be ‘challenging’ it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:41 am

Clever move by some employers, even if it ends up being unenforceable they are getting rid of a heap of leave off their Balance Sheets.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:54 am

Dutchy wrote:Clever move by some employers, even if it ends up being unenforceable they are getting rid of a heap of leave off their Balance Sheets.

Might also put a lot of people off on stress leave who are worried about losing their job.
Means they can run down their sick balance before leaving, rather than losing it which normally doesn't get paid out when you leave.
I've got nearly 6 months owed... haha
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby MW » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:58 am

Trader wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Clever move by some employers, even if it ends up being unenforceable they are getting rid of a heap of leave off their Balance Sheets.

Might also put a lot of people off on stress leave who are worried about losing their job.
Means they can run down their sick balance before leaving, rather than losing it which normally doesn't get paid out when you leave.
I've got nearly 6 months owed... haha

100%
we have a lot of 'lifers' here at my work who have up to 1 year sick leave owing...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:58 pm

95% double vaxed and we are still wearing masks except outside in the ACT.
Finishes this friday when mask wearing is only in hospitals, doctors, aged care and public transport.
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Booney » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:01 pm

Did you know if you had no reaction to the vaccine you were given a placebo? This is to aid the study they're doing on the vaccine trial that ends in 02/23.

True.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Trader » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Did you know if you're in the 7,645,000,000 people who haven't tested positive to covid, you were likely given the placebo? This is part of the global study they're doing on human stupidity and the sheeple-effect that ends in February 2023.

True.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:56 pm

We are a national company and only staff in SA have to be vaccinated.
Staff in other states don’t have to be to keep their employment.
Yet we are one of the few States with no cases.
Go figure!!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:05 pm

amber_fluid wrote:We are a national company and only staff in SA have to be vaccinated.
Go figure!!

Potaytoes Potahtohs

Reality is people in all state will be limited to what they can or cant do without vaccination anyway - attending events, travelling interstate... work mandate or not, people will have to get on board at some point.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:We are a national company and only staff in SA have to be vaccinated.
Go figure!!

Potaytoes Potahtohs

Reality is people in all state will be limited to what they can or cant do without vaccination anyway - attending events, travelling interstate... work mandate or not, people will have to get on board at some point.

Absolutely agree but why not start with states with cases.
Or better still every state start at the same time.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:21 pm

Booney wrote:Did you know if you had no reaction to the vaccine you were given a placebo? This is to aid the study they're doing on the vaccine trial that ends in 02/23.

True.

Every me and every you.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Trader wrote:Individual businesses will start to push the stragglers into getting the jab.

My employer yesterday announced the intention to release a new policy that gives them the authority to end our employment if we don't get jabbed without valid reason.

Don't get me wrong, it's wishy washy enough that they can step away from it should they be challenged too hard, but for now its enough for a lot of the guys on the fence / just being lazy, to go out and get it sorted.

For those interested on the method for the rollout of such a policy, they are using the WHS act, saying they have an obligation to provide a work environment that is as safe as reasonably practicable. Getting the jab decreases your ability to catch and spread the disease, protecting your colleagues. Therefore, it is reasonable for them to require the jab in order to continue your employment.

Some are saying they can't change your employment contract and they can only apply this to new employees, however the counter to that is your contract already requires you to follow WHS policy, and WHS policy is a fluid document that changes as risks and mitigations are discovered.

While I don't disagree with any of the above, it is an interesting debate as to if your employer should be allowed to require you to advise them of your vaccination status. (Ours doesn't, but the policy says you'll be treated as unvaxxed if you don't).

This all gets back to what i said a couple weeks ago, if they want to go down the WHS policy path they are opening a massive can of worms.
We have a few yoiung ones that wouldnt pass a drug test, ill be wanting to see that theyre free of drugs each morning.
Also if its WHS, then a rapid antigen test is far more safe considering you can still catch and give covid despite being double vaxed.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Psyber » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:03 pm

My wife and I will be lining up for our third shot in January - 2 AZ each by July - and then a Pfizer booster in the new year.
Maybe we can get the Moderna one in 2023...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:04 am

Well well well Victorians are finally coming out of their stupor 10,000 plus protesters last weekend against the Dictator word on the street there is going to be a much bigger protest this coming weekend also i have noted that police brutality has completely has stopped have they given up ?????

Great vision great song enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEdq55LIYmI
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion