Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby wedgetail » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:10 pm

goddy11 wrote:Jacob Wehr delisted by GWS. They may rookie him though at the rookie draft.

Have Wehr back in a heartbeat!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:52 am

Centrals have signed Aaron Nietschke from Melbourne.

Hoping to play some senior footy later in the season.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... eed_mobile
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:48 am

UK Fan wrote:Centrals have signed Aaron Nietschke from Melbourne.

Great to have him back; praying he has better luck with injuries from now on.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:32 pm

That's now 3 recruits & the majority of the team has re-signed,
that's very encouraging I reckon!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:36 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:That's now 3 recruits & the majority of the team has re-signed,

Do we know who the key forward and key defender we have signed are?
Pity about Chris Jansen; was keen to come back to the Ponderosa but is commencing a business in the inner-southern suburbs and would have found it too hard to travel out to Elizabeth for training sessions.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:56 pm

UK Fan wrote:Centrals have signed Aaron Nietschke from Melbourne.

Great to have him back. Not sure he will play much league this year but really all that counts for him is getting back on the park and enjoying football.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby UK Fan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:00 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:That's now 3 recruits & the majority of the team has re-signed,

Do we know who the key forward and key defender we have signed are?
Pity about Chris Jansen; was keen to come back to the Ponderosa but is commencing a business in the inner-southern suburbs and would have found it too hard to travel out to Elizabeth for training sessions.

Key defender: Zac Beuchner from Clarence, a full back,

Key forward: George Kendall, he's about 194cms & 22 years old, Recommended by Muzza Stephenson.
Last edited by UK Fan on Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:04 pm

Encouraging somewhat... would like a few more proven higher quality footballer amongst the lot....potentially that will come.

Nietschke wont play much league this year and will be more about getting on the park. Hopefully prime for 2023, if we can keep him that long.

Bloke from NSW could be good but recent history suggests that has been a serviceable breeding ground at most. Who is/was our last country NSW player to really turn it on and be a proper good league footballer. I mean Habel and Milne were ok but not anything special lets be honest. The days of Hopwoods and Scoullars seem long gone.

Also have we lost out on the GC player who has now been guaranteed to be redrafted by them.

Did anyone else also see Izaya MacKenzie comment on a facebook comment which was 'liked' by a range of ex and current CDFC players. Thought it would be odd current players

Really like the sound of the Clarence bloke comes with a proven league football reputation, is big, fills a position we desperately needs. Ready made SANFL footballer in my opinion.
whufc
Coach

Postby TDJ44 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:50 pm

whufc wrote:

Encouraging somewhat... would like a few more proven higher quality footballer amongst the lot....potentially that will come.

Nietschke wont play much league this year and will be more about getting on the park. Hopefully prime for 2023, if we can keep him that long.

Bloke from NSW could be good but recent history suggests that has been a serviceable breeding ground at most. Who is/was our last country NSW player to really turn it on and be a proper good league footballer. I mean Habel and Milne were ok but not anything special lets be honest. The days of Hopwoods and Scoullars seem long gone.

Also have we lost out on the GC player who has now been guaranteed to be redrafted by them.

Did anyone else also see Izaya MacKenzie comment on a facebook comment which was 'liked' by a range of ex and current CDFC players. Thought it would be odd current players

Really like the sound of the Clarence bloke comes with a proven league football reputation, is big, fills a position we desperately needs. Ready made SANFL footballer in my opinion.

I saw the comment from McKenzie, I was hoping he'd comeback but seems unlikely.
Has anyone heard if Jyden Neagle may return?
The tassie bloke seems ok,not sure about the two.
We need league quality to help out those players we've re-signed.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby UK Fan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:55 pm

TDJ44 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Jyden will not be returning

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:39 pm

Ben Jarvis returns to the Parade
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Would it be fair to say these are the Dogs INS/OUTS at the moment. If so as its stands we are ever so slightly ahead unless Kendall turns out to be a beauty. Definitely need a lot more ins than we currently have if we are going to move up the table.

INS
Aaron Nietschke- Focus this year will be about getting on the park, not expecting to be a major league player this year. 2023 watchout though.
Zac Beuchner- Love this signing
George Kendall- dubious about this one, NSW recruits haven't been high quality of late.

OUTS
Brendan Dew- Played 13 games last year, lots of talent. Reasonable loss.
Connor McLean- No loss
Nick Gillard- Played a couple of beauties in his time but was a fringe footballer. Slight depth loss

p.s why is James Boyd still listed as a player on our website......do we actually have a marketing team or someone in charge of the website ffs.
whufc
Coach

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:29 pm

whufc wrote:Would it be fair to say these are the Dogs INS/OUTS at the moment. If so as its stands we are ever so slightly ahead unless Kendall turns out to be a beauty. Definitely need a lot more ins than we currently have if we are going to move up the table.

INS
Aaron Nietschke- Focus this year will be about getting on the park, not expecting to be a major league player this year. 2023 watchout though.
George Kendall- dubious about this one, NSW recruits haven't been high quality of late.

OUTS
Connor McLean- No loss
Nick Gillard- Played a couple of beauties in his time but was a fringe footballer. Slight depth loss

p.s why is James Boyd still listed as a player on our website......do we actually have a marketing team or someone in charge of the website ffs.

Harry Grant says hello :)
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:30 pm

whufc wrote:Would it be fair to say these are the Dogs INS/OUTS at the moment. If so as its stands we are ever so slightly ahead unless Kendall turns out to be a beauty. Definitely need a lot more ins than we currently have if we are going to move up the table.

INS

OUTS
Connor McLean- No loss

Pretty fair summary. Add Brett Kennedy to outs.

We really have done well to retain as much as we have. Clubs have lost a lot of talent; we haven't lost anyone at this stage that the coaching group would consider in the Top 22.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby bulldogproud » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:38 pm

northerner wrote:

INS

OUTS
Connor McLean- No loss

Pretty fair summary. Add Brett Kennedy to outs.

We really have done well to retain as much as we have. Clubs have lost a lot of talent; we haven't lost anyone at this stage that the coaching group would consider in the Top 22.

Am sure my former friend, Ferret, will say 'you have to firstly have talent to lose talent' but the Schiller boys, Hosko, Fraser, Elvis, Granty and Aidan would walk into just about any other team, so yes we have done well to maintain our key players.
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby beef » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:05 pm

Mitch mckelvie signed at GG, no loss.
There is another player who I consider in their best 22 who won't be there but he was fringe this year that hasn't been announced.
Heard Oliver Shaw hasn't signed yet and not sure if staying?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:16 pm

TDJ44 wrote:
whufc wrote:

Izzy wants to be a Crows top up
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:28 pm

bulldogproud wrote:

INS

OUTS
Connor McLean- No loss

Harry Grant says hello :)

He came from the neafl hey, not country footy???
whufc
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:35 pm

[quote="whufc"]Would it be fair to say these are the Dogs INS/OUTS at the moment. If so as its stands we are ever so slightly ahead unless Kendall turns out to be a beauty. Definitely need a lot more ins than we currently have if we are going to move up the table.

George Kendall- dubious about this one, "NSW recruits haven't been high quality of late."

Kendall highly recommended by Muzza Stephenson.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Al4 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:39 pm

A snippet from the Riverina Daily Advertiser (the rest is behind their paywall) .... "WHEN Wagga Tigers' new player-coach Murray Stephenson saw George Kendall up close for the opposition in his second game in charge, he knew he was a serious talent. 6 Oct 2021. "
I certainly rated Murray Stephenson as a quality recruit.

A great pity about CJ joining Norwood. I used to catch up with his parents who flew over regularly to watch him play for us. Great people.
Al4

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL