Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:01 am

bulldogproud wrote:
DOC wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Constantly mentioned on here that players dont wont to come to Elizabeth because its to far to go .That is just a COP OUT if they really wanted to play for us they would .James Boyd when he played for us would commute from Woodcroft at least a 3 hr round trip so it can be done.

James Boyd was paid for that travel. That's not happening now.

..and with the decrease in the salary cap, it makes it harder and harder. A very senior Norwood player would be playing for us if it was not for the difficulty of travelling out to Elizabeth for training after completing a full day's work. The 90 minute round journey three or four times a week is not worth it when it comes to the pittance they are paid.

And his dad played for us, that one?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:02 am

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Constantly mentioned on here that players dont wont to come to Elizabeth because its to far to go .That is just a COP OUT if they really wanted to play for us they would .James Boyd when he played for us would commute from Woodcroft at least a 3 hr round trip so it can be done.

Boyd was just 1 player,
people these days are different, they want things as easy as possible,
Hannath didn't want to come back to Centrals because he (or his missus) wanted the beach lifestyle,
2 Gold Coast lads that we're in discussions with right now want Us to find them a house near the beach,
name a player for Us that lives north of Lightsview!
Even our CEO told me on Tuesday that no player wants to live out north,
and can you blame them?

If we start winning people will be willing to drive.

Back to the 2000's none of our guns were living in Elizabeth, they were all living in Prospect, Norwood, Glenelg etc but the club culture and environment was so strong assisted by the fact we were winning that distance wasn't an issue. There was the (infamous) Prospect rental that housed many of our reserve fringe league blokes for years and that was never an issue. Some of the early Sunday morning parties at that place will go down in history.

Look at country footy there is blokes driving 2-3 hours for a game of footy, if the price, culture and environment is right people will travel.

... and they are being paid up to 10 times what they would receive in the SANFL for less than half the effort - there lieth the problem!
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby northerner » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:39 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
whufc wrote:Disappointing to see Izzy MacKenzie return to the SANFL but to the Crows.

A sign of the times I suppose.

Not sure why but it appears on the surface the relationship between Izzy and Centrals has detoriated . Never came back to Centrals after his WCE experience and then a post on the facebook page and now playing for the Crows.

IIRC he seemed to be a bit of a scapegoat after losses at the end of the Lairdy era.

A shame we couldn't get him back, ready made SANFL footballer imo who could become an elite player.

Doesn't want to train 3 times a week, plus new child

This is why the integrity of sanfl is much less for having the afl clubs calling on top up players.
They get credited with league games for training once a week (as a group) with none of the dedication, commitment and passion that comes with being involved with an SANFL Club.
A guy with 20 league games playing for an SANFL Club has worked damn harder for that tally than one who is a top up player.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 428 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:52 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
DOC wrote:

..and with the decrease in the salary cap, it makes it harder and harder. A very senior Norwood player would be playing for us if it was not for the difficulty of travelling out to Elizabeth for training after completing a full day's work. The 90 minute round journey three or four times a week is not worth it when it comes to the pittance they are paid.

An even more senior one. Cheers
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:28 pm

So there's 2!!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:32 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:So there's 2!!

Afraid so... we need to move Elizabeth closer the CBD. We would also have Chris Jansen then :)
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:36 pm

bulldogproud wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:So there's 2!!

Afraid so... we need to move Elizabeth closer the CBD. We would also have Chris Jansen then :)

I'm all for it!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Appear to have signed a quick mid with good credentials.

Now just a ruckman.
northerner
Reserves

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:02 pm

northerner wrote:Appear to have signed a quick mid with good credentials.

Now just a ruckman.

That's probably been the biggest positive for me this off season is the clubs seems pretty realistic and in touch with the positions we need to improve on. Not sure that has always been the case over the last five years.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:19 pm

northerner wrote:Appear to have signed a quick mid with good credentials.

Now just a ruckman.

Just missed out on a ruckman, he signed with West last night.
Where is this mid fielder from.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:06 pm

This one? ;)

The West Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Darren Walters from VFL club Williamstown.

Darren is a 204cm ruckman who for the past 2 years has worked closely with ex West Adelaide & Williamstown coach Andy Collins. Darren’s key strengths include his ability to take contested marks around the ground and use the ball well by foot.

There was no question which club Darren wanted to join, “My family have always been West Adelaide supporters so growing up I always heard stories of the club and the great culture they have. So when they contacted me showing a high level of interest and confidence in my abilities, as well as a willingness to help me develop as a player, it was an easy decision.”

Please join us in welcoming Darren and his partner Danika to the West Adelaide Family.

He’s a hit out machine
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4189 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:12 pm

Brodlach wrote:This one? ;)

The West Adelaide Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Darren Walters from VFL club Williamstown.

Darren is a 204cm ruckman who for the past 2 years has worked closely with ex West Adelaide & Williamstown coach Andy Collins. Darren’s key strengths include his ability to take contested marks around the ground and use the ball well by foot.

There was no question which club Darren wanted to join, “My family have always been West Adelaide supporters so growing up I always heard stories of the club and the great culture they have. So when they contacted me showing a high level of interest and confidence in my abilities, as well as a willingness to help me develop as a player, it was an easy decision.”

Please join us in welcoming Darren and his partner Danika to the West Adelaide Family.

He’s a hit out machine

Trust us to go after the bloke whose family are life long westies blokes and also good mates with one of their ex coaches. ;) :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:51 pm

Tom Condon has left Brighton Rd and headed to the Parade.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 1199 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby northerner » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:28 pm

He’s a hit out machine

All power to the young fella.
Passion for his Club.
So many players put themselves first before their Club.
That sense of entitlement that Dizzy Gillespie refers to.... so many asking what the club can do for them rather than what they can do for their Club.

(Those that move for lack of opportunities, that's a fair exception)
northerner
Reserves

Postby Panther Pack » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:35 pm

South sign Sam Ramsey. Was on Carlton's list.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:52 pm

Has Jarred Allmond signed at Eagles? Or is that just a rumour I’m hearing?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:12 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:Has Jarred Allmond signed at Eagles? Or is that just a rumour I’m hearing?

Ask Wedgie he announced it weeks ago
Eagles haven’t announced it yet
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 393 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby knowledge » Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:16 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:
DOC wrote:

People want more for less, these days. They want to try driving a 92Km R/T from Aldinga Beach EVERY day for 11 months, dropping in at Hallett Cove for a 7 hour teaching stint, then on to Unley to work for the club that I love, then home to Aldinga Beach (never earlier than 7:45 pm) for the last 11 years as part of 42 years service! Soft, entitled lot we’ve cultivated.
Last edited by knowledge on Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby JK » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:21 am

He’s a hit out machine

:shock:
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4432 times
Been liked: 2976 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby DOC » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:22 am

Norwood sign Nathan Woods (Pembroke Old Scholars ) as it's new forwards coach.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL