Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby beef » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:24 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
beef wrote:Mitch mckelvie signed at GG, no loss.
There is another player who I consider in their best 22 who won't be there but he was fringe this year that hasn't been announced.
Heard Oliver Shaw hasn't signed yet and not sure if staying?

Sounds like Grubb is off to North possibly.

3 for 1 deal. 2 brothers in 18s and 16s.
Cant see any of them being long term league players at North, Lachlan couldnt play league in a team that finished 2nd bottom
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:29 am

beef wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
beef wrote:Mitch mckelvie signed at GG, no loss.
There is another player who I consider in their best 22 who won't be there but he was fringe this year that hasn't been announced.
Heard Oliver Shaw hasn't signed yet and not sure if staying?

Sounds like Grubb is off to North possibly.

3 for 1 deal. 2 brothers in 18s and 16s.
Cant see any of them being long term league players at North, Lachlan couldnt play league in a team that finished 2nd bottom

But he was hard done by, just ask his dad
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:30 am

beef wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:With Marsh gone looking for a ruckman. Jakob Thomson from our ressies might now get an opportunity

Surely Thomson cant play league in his condition. Reserves GF hes was destroyed

Then we need to recruit a genuine ruckman.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:38 am

southernbulldog wrote:All the other clubs picking up AFL players or those that have been on an AFL list

Nietschke, Melbourne,
Reeves, Gold Coast,
Beuchner, captain of Clarence,
McCormack, Frankston in the VFL,
the lad from The Riverina is a bit of an unknown but he's young & a big bloke & we desperately need big blokes,
pretty good recruiting I would say (so far)
The AFL isn't the be all and end all you know,
didn't work for Norwood,
didn't work for South,
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:54 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:All the other clubs picking up AFL players or those that have been on an AFL list

Nietschke, Melbourne,
Reeves, Gold Coast,
the lad from The Riverina is a bit of an unknown but he's young & a big bloke & we desperately need big blokes,
didn't work for Norwood,
didn't work for South,

The recruits so far seem promising....for me Reeves, Beuchner and McCormack would be the ones that could potentially make an impact straight away. But that's probably only just negates the loss of Allir and Dew.

Hopefully we have a few more yet to come, we were starting from pretty far behind.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby TDJ44 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:09 am

beef wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:With Marsh gone looking for a ruckman. Jakob Thomson from our ressies might now get an opportunity

Surely Thomson cant play league in his condition. Reserves GF hes was destroyed

A bit harsh,definitely wasn't destroyed.
Buckets never looked in great shape and Redden for the Eagles does ok.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:20 am

My comment re AFL players was a broad statement because we have picked up Aaron Nietschke so it applies to us as well, Happy with who we have got so far hopefully a bit more to come .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby JK » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:01 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

Nietschke, Melbourne,
Reeves, Gold Coast,
didn't work for Norwood,
didn't work for South,

Phillips, McGuiness. Newton, Cachia, Batsanis etc might suggest otherwise. That said, I don't disagree with your point. A lot of fringe AFL players don't amount to much at State League level, and plenty of players from country leagues or other state leagues have and will succeed at SANFL level.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:04 am

JK wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Nietschke, Melbourne,
Reeves, Gold Coast,
didn't work for Norwood,
didn't work for South,

Phillips, McGuiness. Newton, Cachia, Batsanis etc might suggest otherwise. That said, I don't disagree with your point. A lot of fringe AFL players don't amount to much at State League level, and plenty of players from country leagues or other state leagues have and will succeed at SANFL level.

I'm referring to more recent years,
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby JK » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:06 am

Brodlach wrote:FWIW I loved the spray, too many times people are straight down the line. Love the passion

Like a good spray aswell under the right circumstances. To send the kid that headed to South a spite riddled message was highly unprofessional though imho.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby JK » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:08 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
JK wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Nietschke, Melbourne,
Reeves, Gold Coast,
didn't work for Norwood,
didn't work for South,

As always it's a mixture of several components. Clubs like yours and mine in recent seasons have had to start all over again and the first step is building that foundation that can grow together, adding established talent that are the right fit along the way where possible.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:45 am

JK wrote:
Brodlach wrote:FWIW I loved the spray, too many times people are straight down the line. Love the passion

Like a good spray aswell under the right circumstances. To send the kid that headed to South a spite riddled message was highly unprofessional though imho.

Might have deserved it ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 pm

Have Reeves & McCormack officially be named as ins .Nothing from the club as yet on them.

So far only official Nietschke,Kendall & Beuchner
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Mr Fuller » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:46 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
JK wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Nietschke, Melbourne,
Reeves, Gold Coast,
didn't work for Norwood,
didn't work for South,

I agree with this. Lots of factors impacting whether a delisted AFL player will be a strong SANFL contributor mainly concerning age and motivation. Are they playing for the money (less relevant in recent times) or enjoyment ? Are they young enough to still have ambitions to be redrafted or are they returning to their old club for a bit of fun?

At the Eagles I think of all the recruits who have come to our club in the last 20 years and it does feel like we have had the best return (senior games played across a long period) from those players who have come from State Leagues or direct from Vic U18s.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 pm

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... 796136272c

The full list of South Australian players who have nominated for the 2021 AFL Draft
Young guns, ex-AFL players, mature-age SANFL stars and even country footballers are among the 700+ nominees for the AFL draft. Here’s every footballer putting their name up.

More than 100 South Australian footballers have officially put their names in the running to be called out in this year’s AFL Draft.

With the first round of the 2021 draft just a week away, the list includes young guns, ex-AFL players looking for a second chance, mature-age SANFL stars and even country footballers who are hopeful of finding their way onto a list on November 24 and 25.

Delisted Port Adelaide trio Jarrod Lienert, Boyd Woodcock and Joel Garner are among those with prior experience at the elite level to have nominated.
Unsurprisingly, a host of SA’s top underage talent is listed such as potential No. 1 pick Jason Horne-Francis, Glenelg’s Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera and South Adelaide midfielder Matthew Roberts.

But there are also some lesser known names on the list.

Clayton Brandon Milera from South Augusta in the Spencer Gulf Football League and Saul Morelli from Hamley Bridge in the Adelaide Plains Football League have also formally nominated.

As of Monday morning, 717 players had put their names forward across the country with nominations set to close at 3pm today.

2021 NAB AFL National Draft nominations as at 11.30am on Monday, November 15:

ADELAIDE (1)

Hamish Latchford

CENTRAL DISTRICT (7)

Leek Aleer, Isaiah Dudley, Saxon Evans, Lachlan Grubb, Shay Linke, Darcy McDonald, Luca Whitelum

GLENELG (18)

Oscar Adams, Connor Ballenden, Cooper Beecken, Jayden Davis, Riley Davis, Bailey Durant, Cooper Horsnell, Dylan Landt, Dayne McGary, Harry McInnes, Nicholas Minchin, Jacob Owens, Jarrad Parish, Darcy Porter, Lewis Rayson, Hugh Stagg, Harry Tunkin, Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera

NORWOOD (11)

Tristan Binder, Ned Carey, Matthew Dnistriansky, Benjamin Jarvis, Jacob Kennerley, Connor Kent, Alastair Lord, Peter Minervini, Cooper Murley, Henry Nelligan, Cameron Taheny

NORTH ADELAIDE (12)

Matthew Borg, Harvey Harrison, Adam Heath, Dyson Hilder, Hugh Jackson, Nigel Lockyer, Blayne O’Loughlin, Zyton Santillo, Frank Szekely, Will Tasker, Harrison Wigg, James Willis

PORT ADELAIDE (1)

Sam Skinner

SOUTH ADELAIDE (19)

Isacc Birt, Angus Bradley, Oliver Davis, Arlo Draper, Zachary Dumesny, Elliott Dunkin, Liam Fitt, Sam Gaden, Bailey Griffiths, Lachlan Hayes, Hugo Hoeck, Jason Horne-Francis, Riley Jones, Luke Mitton, Bailey Pilmore, Sam Ramsay, Matthew Roberts, Cooper Rogers, Fraser Turner

STURT (10)

Zac Becker, Morgan Ferres, Rory Illman, Hugo Kittel, Tom Lewis, Mani Liddy, Charlie Parker, Josh Shute, Will Spain, Casey Voss

WEST ADELAIDE (17)

Frane Babic, Bailey Chamberlain, Ronald Fejo Junior, Antonio James, Hugo Kelly, Cade Kennedy, Dylan McCormick, Lucas Meline, David Midwinter, Charlie Pridham, Jye Sinderberry, Lachlan Squire, Oscar Steene, Joel Stevens, Jaeden Watts, Dylan White, Luke Young,

WOODVILLE-WEST TORRENS (15)

Luke Beecken, Jase Burgoyne, Luke Cooke, Jack Hayes, Lachlan Hoile, Jonte Hunter-Price, Dustin Launer, Max Litster, Jordan Lukac, Kobe Mutch, William Neumann, Kai Pudney, Brock Thomson, Liam Ueding, Jay Watson

OTHER (5)

Joel Garner (Port Adelaide/delisted), Jarrod Lienert (Port Adelaide/delisted), Clayton Brandon Milera (South Augusta), Saul Morelli (Hamley Bridge), Boyd Woodcock (Port Adelaide/Southport Sharks/delisted)
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:56 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Have Reeves & McCormack officially be named as ins .Nothing from the club as yet on them.

So far only official Nietschke,Kendall & Beuchner

No
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:07 pm

It's a bit hard to get ex AFL players to Central when We don't lose many to the AFL.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby bulldogproud » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:54 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

It's a bit hard to get ex AFL players to Central when We don't lose many to the AFL.

I think we will lose three this year: Leek, Isaiah and Luca; possibly Shay as well.

However, I am happy on paper with the recruits that we have gained (or are about to gain).

Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:37 pm

The North Adelaide Football Club are excited to announce the addition of Sam Thorne for the 2022 season.

Name: Sam Thorne
Height: 178cm
Weight: 77kg

Sam Thorne joins the Roosters from the Sydney Swans VFL program. Sam went through the Sydney Swans Academy and was voted their MVP and Captained the side in 2019. Sam represented the Allies in the 2019 Under 18 State Championships and comes to North Adelaide with senior VFL experience in 2021. Sam has great character, a strong work ethic and can play through the midfield and in defence.

Sam is a driven young man and we are excited by what he can deliver for the Roosters in 2022.

Senior Coach Jacob Surjan; “A Sydney Swans Academy product, Sam Thorne is a midfielder / small defender with a tireless work ethic and elite skills by hand and foot. Tough in the contest, Sam is self-driven and will leave no stone unturned to achieve his goals in season 2022.”

We would like to welcome Sam and his family to North Adelaide and we look forward to watching him represent the Roosters in season 2022.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:46 pm

Roosters.................
Salary cap...............
brown paper bags...................

GO
gazzamagoo