Entry to SANFL games

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Entry to SANFL games

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:48 am

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys. Dont listen to the others mate, the risk is way too high for kids who dont need it. Id go as far to say that are being irresponsible parents by subjecting their kids to a vaccine they dont need. They clearly havent done any research and any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license. There is far more negatives than positives in that age group. Dont play roulette with your kids lives

Actually, don't listen to an anonymous poster on a sports forum.

Speak to your GP, seek a second opinion of you need but trust the experts, don't trust someone with no medical back ground who cannot substantiate any of his claims with supporting evidence.

My GP has said to get our kids vaccinated but my wife’s GP said only get the older one.
Who do I believe here?

Seems like the experts are as confused as the rest of us
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby RB » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:54 am

amber_fluid wrote:My GP has said to get our kids vaccinated but my wife’s GP said only get the older one.
Who do I believe here?

In fairness, your sample size is only 2 haha
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby RB » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:56 am

goddy11 wrote:Risk v reward.

Bingo.

Again, while health authorities advise that the risk of serious COVID complications for 12-17 year olds is low, they further advise that the risk of adverse side effects from Pfizer or Moderna is even lower.

Of course, if people have concerns they should discuss this with their doctor.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 pm

RB wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:My GP has said to get our kids vaccinated but my wife’s GP said only get the older one.
Who do I believe here?

In fairness, your sample size is only 2 haha

Apologies but I only have 1 doctor ;)
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:33 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
My GP has said to get our kids vaccinated but my wife’s GP said only get the older one.
Who do I believe here?

Firstly, don't believe Daisy, I think we've established he's clueless.

Secondly, I'm not telling you what to do with your kids, however, have they had all their other vaccines?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Who do I believe here?

Secondly, I'm not telling you what to do with your kids, however, have they had all their other vaccines?

Yeah both kids have always had their shots when required.
This is different though as their previous shots have had years and years of testing.

Im all for every adult getting vaccinated but I’m concerned about children as young as 12 getting it though.

Remember when schools in SA were open during lockdown coz kids weren’t effected?
What’s changed?
The vaccine was created prior to this changing wasn’t it?

Still too many unanswered questions for me about vaccinating kids.

I’ll wait and see what happens in this space.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:55 pm

Just getting off the kids vax a bit . Yesterday I visited a health professional . She is, I think early 30's . She has just received her 3rd Pfizer shot since March. After a full year who knows how many shots she will need. The science is a moving target.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby am Bays » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:24 pm

goddy11 wrote:Just getting off the kids vax a bit . Yesterday I visited a health professional . She is, I think early 30's . She has just received her 3rd Pfizer shot since March. After a full year who knows how many shots she will need. The science is a moving target.

Oh you mean like the booster shot we are encouraged to get each year for the flu?

The one that is modified each year based on the current modification of the virus

Within three years as we get on top of this I can see the one universal vaccine that we are encouraged to get to reduce the risk of getting sick through COVID, HXNY etc
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:25 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

Dogs64 you raise an interesting question
1 if your 12 year old needs it to attend school would you stop him or her going to school
2 is he vaccinated against polio measles ect as you can’t iirc attend school without those shots
3 so you won’t take him or her to the footy or the zoo and other places

I guess you need to work it out but just remember very soon it could be no jab no school

MJP re question 1, I'm hoping if it comes to that there will be a fair bit of data by then that will assist in making a decision that the risk pertaining to the vaccine is less than the current known risks to a 12 year old that gets COVID.

2. Yes, up to date with all other proven vaccines, to reduce or eliminate the risk of getting those illnesses. We're not anti vaccines, as mentioned double vaxed ourselves (despite a number of people we know having severe adverse reactions).

3. Yes the irony is we (he) can go to the zoo, Adelaide United Games and may even go to the Boxing Day test at the MCG. Just can't go to the Strikers (in Adelaide as we used to). We don't go to the AFL games, so no change there. Surprising the SMA knows more than the MCG authority, zoos etc. Anyway maybe at SANFL grounds it won't be implimented (12+).
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:29 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

1 if your 12 year old needs it to attend school would you stop him or her going to school
2 is he vaccinated against polio measles ect as you can’t iirc attend school without those shots

I guess you need to work it out but just remember very soon it could be no jab no school

MJP re question 1, I'm hoping if it comes to that there will be a fair bit of data by then that will assist in making a decision that the risk pertaining to the vaccine is less than the current known risks to a 12 year old that gets COVID.

2. Yes, up to date with all other proven vaccines, to reduce or eliminate the risk of getting those illnesses. We're not anti vaccines, as mentioned double vaxed ourselves (despite a number of people we know having severe adverse reactions).

3. Yes the irony is we (he) can go to the zoo, Adelaide United Games and may even go to the Boxing Day test at the MCG. Just can't go to the Strikers (in Adelaide as we used to). We don't go to the AFL games, so no change there. Surprising the SMA knows more than the MCG authority, zoos etc. Anyway maybe at SANFL grounds it won't be implimented (12+).

Hopefully I wasn’t coming off to strong
Your number 3 might not be correct yesterday the zoo and Monarto announced only people double vaccinated can gain entry . There were other events announced no vaccinations no entry .

At least your son has had the other shots . I got in an argument with an antivaxer on Twitter . Long story short she only got vaccinated for school because her parents did it . I gave up and blocked her
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:34 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
DOC wrote:

Any vax or just Covid?

Just Covid, he's fully vaxxed for everything else. I've heard so many leading immunoligists and pedetricians stating immunising children against COVID is not necessary.

Interesting,
my doctor, Our old club doctor, says it IS necessary, it's another immunisation.
12 year olds can still get it & pass it on.
I'm sure you can leave him with someone for just a couple of hours on a Saturday afternoon, don't punish the club, it's not their fault.

Yes, can get it with or without the vaccine. If the SANFL follows the SMA lead, not that of other sporting entities (i.e 16+), then it wont be the clubs fault. We'll still all be members, 200 club etc but have to watch on digital pass and have a half time kick in the back yard. Of course the contact with the players would be missed by the kids. I didn't "punish" the club when the AFL reserves were included as they voted no, so we still went. However, this is my two childrens health.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:36 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:

Your number 3 might not be correct yesterday the zoo and Monarto announced only people double vaccinated can gain entry . There were other events announced no vaccinations no entry .

At least your son has had the other shots . I got in an argument with an antivaxer on Twitter . Long story short she only got vaccinated for school because her parents did it . I gave up and blocked her

Yes, double vaxxed for 16+ (not 12+). Seems pfizer is the one pushing for 5+ to be vaccinated.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:47 pm

Booney wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Good on you, i wouldnt be subjecting any kids to especially with the high rates of myocarcditis in teenage boys. Dont listen to the others mate, the risk is way too high for kids who dont need it. Id go as far to say that are being irresponsible parents by subjecting their kids to a vaccine they dont need. They clearly havent done any research and any doctor saying kids should be vaccinated should lose their license. There is far more negatives than positives in that age group. Dont play roulette with your kids lives

Speak to your GP, seek a second opinion of you need but trust the experts, don't trust someone with no medical back ground who cannot substantiate any of his claims with supporting evidence.

Yes, agreed have done - hence they won't be having it yet.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby Dogs64 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:

Who do I believe here?

Different doctors probably had different views on Thalidimide at the time as well.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Postby MJP1993 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:11 pm

Dogs64 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Dogs64"[quote="Dogs64 wrote:If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

At least your son has had the other shots . I got in an argument with an antivaxer on Twitter . Long story short she only got vaccinated for school because her parents did it . I gave up and blocked her[/quote]
Yes, double vaxxed for 16+ (not 12+). Seems pfizer is the one pushing for 5+ to be vaccinated.[/quote]

They are doing it in England and the US if news reports are correct
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby goddy11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:15 pm

am Bays wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Just getting off the kids vax a bit . Yesterday I visited a health professional . She is, I think early 30's . She has just received her 3rd Pfizer shot since March. After a full year who knows how many shots she will need. The science is a moving target.

Oh you mean like the booster shot we are encouraged to get each year for the flu?

The one that is modified each year based on the current modification of the virus

Within three years as we get on top of this I can see the one universal vaccine that we are encouraged to get to reduce the risk of getting sick through COVID, HXNY etc

3 in less than 8 months more like it for someone not in high risk. Is the 3rd one modified? I'm for the vax but in young kids I am wary.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 am

Another thread about Covid......yeah buddy!!! :D
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:57 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Who do I believe here?

Yeah both kids have always had their shots when required.
This is different though as their previous shots have had years and years of testing.

Im all for every adult getting vaccinated but I’m concerned about children as young as 12 getting it though.

Remember when schools in SA were open during lockdown coz kids weren’t effected?
What’s changed?
The vaccine was created prior to this changing wasn’t it?

Still too many unanswered questions for me about vaccinating kids.

I’ll wait and see what happens in this space.

If everyone had taken this approach at the time, no vaccine would have ever been able to be used; all had to go through their initial use. Although agreeing with everyone else that the medical experts are the ones you need to listen to, the evidence is pointing towards the vaccine being safe for children.
Cheers
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:02 am

Anyways I got my 12 year old vacced.

Thought the lesson about role modelling as a good community member and looking out for the vunerable outweighed the 'risk' of the vaccine and the benefit from standing up against the government.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:10 am

whufc wrote:Another thread about Covid......yeah buddy!!! :D

It will be about Centrals recruiting soon enough. 8)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL