Entry to SANFL games

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Entry to SANFL games

Postby bulldogproud » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:33 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Another thread about Covid......yeah buddy!!! :D

It will be about Centrals recruiting soon enough. 8)

Our recruiting has stalled as our potential recruits are trying to work out whether they should get their 16 year-olds-and-under vaccinated before making the decision whether to play in SA or not.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby knowledge » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:36 pm

This is an 'elephant in the room' scenario for not only SANFL clubs, but, sporting clubs in general. I'd dare say that all community sports clubs pretty much function with over 40's volunteers, if not over 50's. Most in these age groups have co-morbidities and would be immuno-compromised, perhaps all. Therefore they are more prone to being affected with COVID-19. Clubs have a OHSW responsibility to provide a safe working environment for these people. Pretty much footy ops would cease to function without them such is the reluctance of people under 40 to volunteer. I don't envy club administrators at the moment.
knowledge
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 74 times

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:01 pm

knowledge wrote:This is an 'elephant in the room' scenario for not only SANFL clubs, but, sporting clubs in general. I'd dare say that all community sports clubs pretty much function with over 40's volunteers, if not over 50's. Most in these age groups have co-morbidities and would be immuno-compromised, perhaps all. Therefore they are more prone to being affected with COVID-19. Clubs have a OHSW responsibility to provide a safe working environment for these people. Pretty much footy ops would cease to function without them such is the reluctance of people under 40 to volunteer. I don't envy club administrators at the moment.

Slightly different I volunteer for jobseeker as strange as that sounds Centrelinks suggestion.
The charity has a ohs for volunteers over 50 at no stage are we to use a ladder . Which is interesting most days I volunteer most of the volunteering group are over 50. And many are like me doing it to earn jobseeker.
They haven’t mentioned the covid shot yet but I’m fully vaccinated
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:13 pm

knowledge wrote:This is an 'elephant in the room' scenario for not only SANFL clubs, but, sporting clubs in general. I'd dare say that all community sports clubs pretty much function with over 40's volunteers, if not over 50's. Most in these age groups have co-morbidities and would be immuno-compromised, perhaps all. Therefore they are more prone to being affected with COVID-19. Clubs have a OHSW responsibility to provide a safe working environment for these people. Pretty much footy ops would cease to function without them such is the reluctance of people under 40 to volunteer. I don't envy club administrators at the moment.

Ill start by clarifying ive had both my vaccines and im pro vaccine but I don't buy the safe workplace argument as a legit reason for mandatory vaccinations at all places.

Are all these workplaces going to make the flu vaccine mandatory as well given their duty to make a safe workplace. Do they check all staff have all other vaccines such as tetanus, rosella, chicken pox etc.

When a staff member takes a sick day here and there for one reason or another we generally don't ask for a medical clearance to ensure they are not potentially passing anything on to staff its a trust based system.

Many cases where we are happy to 'turn a blind eye' to workplace safety and then use it where it suits us. These 'bullshit' workplace safety excuse just strengthen the anti vaccers stance.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby am Bays » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 pm

whufc wrote:

Ill start by clarifying ive had both my vaccines and im pro vaccine but I don't buy the safe workplace argument as a legit reason for mandatory vaccinations at all places.

Are all these workplaces going to make the flu vaccine mandatory as well given their duty to make a safe workplace. Do they check all staff have all other vaccines such as tetanus, rosella, chicken pox etc.

When a staff member takes a sick day here and there for one reason or another we generally don't ask for a medical clearance to ensure they are not potentially passing anything on to staff its a trust based system.

Many cases where we are happy to 'turn a blind eye' to workplace safety and then use it where it suits us. These 'bullshit' workplace safety excuse just strengthen the anti vaccers stance.

Glenelg, in my time there, used to arrange for flu shorts for players and officials at training. I'm sure other clubs did the same.

Whilst it wasnt compulsory it was strongly encouraged.

They also made sure we were Hep B a vaccinated when it came out in the early 90s.

I'd back knowledge's version on the position the SANFL and SANFL clubs are taking
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:38 pm

I'm not saying they wont take that stance but the workplace safety reasoning is bullshit.

Same as clubs encouraging the flu shot, yeah they encourage it but it wasn't mandatory. Also don't kid yourself as if they were doing it so the old equipment steward was 'safe' they did it to keep footballers on the park as much as possible to win games of footy.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:32 pm

am Bays wrote:
whufc wrote:

Glenelg, in my time there, used to arrange for flu shorts for players and officials at training. I'm sure other clubs did the same.

Whilst it wasnt compulsory it was strongly encouraged.

They also made sure we were Hep B a vaccinated when it came out in the early 90s.

I'd back knowledge's version on the position the SANFL and SANFL clubs are taking

Funny you mention flu shots being diabetic mines free at my GP. However my last paying job kind of made employees have the flu shot I did stop getting there . Company wasn’t worried about people’s rights it was to make sure no one took a sick day as it held up work .
That’s all lol
MJP1993
Under 18s

Postby Reddeer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:57 am

whufc wrote:

This is a DANGEROUS worldwide pandemic and the anti vaccers have the mentality of a zombie. With millions having died due to this disease in a short time it can hardly be compared to tenaanus, chicken pox etc. Get vaccinated
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby RoosterMan » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:24 am

MJP1993 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

Dogs64 you raise an interesting question
1 if your 12 year old needs it to attend school would you stop him or her going to school
2 is he vaccinated against polio measles ect as you can’t iirc attend school without those shots
3 so you won’t take him or her to the footy or the zoo and other places

I guess you need to work it out but just remember very soon it could be no jab no school

MJP re question 1, I'm hoping if it comes to that there will be a fair bit of data by then that will assist in making a decision that the risk pertaining to the vaccine is less than the current known risks to a 12 year old that gets COVID.

2. Yes, up to date with all other proven vaccines, to reduce or eliminate the risk of getting those illnesses. We're not anti vaccines, as mentioned double vaxed ourselves (despite a number of people we know having severe adverse reactions).

3. Yes the irony is we (he) can go to the zoo, Adelaide United Games and may even go to the Boxing Day test at the MCG. Just can't go to the Strikers (in Adelaide as we used to). We don't go to the AFL games, so no change there. Surprising the SMA knows more than the MCG authority, zoos etc. Anyway maybe at SANFL grounds it won't be implimented (12+).

Hopefully I wasn’t coming off to strong
Your number 3 might not be correct yesterday the zoo and Monarto announced only people double vaccinated can gain entry . There were other events announced no vaccinations no entry .

At least your son has had the other shots . I got in an argument with an antivaxer on Twitter . Long story short she only got vaccinated for school because her parents did it . I gave up and blocked her
Adelaide United games mandate you must be fully vaccinated.

I'm a Reds member as is the wife and we have to show our Covid certificates on check in to Coopers Stadium.

Has been for the games I've attended this season.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
RoosterMan
Rookie

Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:30 am

RoosterMan wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:[quote="Dogs64"]If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

1 if your 12 year old needs it to attend school would you stop him or her going to school
2 is he vaccinated against polio measles ect as you can’t iirc attend school without those shots

I guess you need to work it out but just remember very soon it could be no jab no school

MJP re question 1, I'm hoping if it comes to that there will be a fair bit of data by then that will assist in making a decision that the risk pertaining to the vaccine is less than the current known risks to a 12 year old that gets COVID.

2. Yes, up to date with all other proven vaccines, to reduce or eliminate the risk of getting those illnesses. We're not anti vaccines, as mentioned double vaxed ourselves (despite a number of people we know having severe adverse reactions).

3. Yes the irony is we (he) can go to the zoo, Adelaide United Games and may even go to the Boxing Day test at the MCG. Just can't go to the Strikers (in Adelaide as we used to). We don't go to the AFL games, so no change there. Surprising the SMA knows more than the MCG authority, zoos etc. Anyway maybe at SANFL grounds it won't be implimented (12+).

Your number 3 might not be correct yesterday the zoo and Monarto announced only people double vaccinated can gain entry . There were other events announced no vaccinations no entry .

At least your son has had the other shots . I got in an argument with an antivaxer on Twitter . Long story short she only got vaccinated for school because her parents did it . I gave up and blocked her

I'm a Reds member as is the wife and we have to show our Covid certificates on check in to Coopers Stadium.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk[/quote]MCG is also fully vaxxed only and has even gone one step further by not allowing medical exemptions. It’s simply fully vaxxed or you don’t enter
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby goddy11 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RoosterMan wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:
Dogs64 wrote:If the SANFL follows the SMA requiring 12 year olds to be vaccinated, that will be the end of my family of four attending games (and volunteering). Other venues are 16 plus. My wife and I are double vaxxed, but I'm not getting my 12 year old vaxxed.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk[/quote]MCG is also fully vaxxed only and has even gone one step further by not allowing medical exemptions. It’s simply fully vaxxed or you don’t enter[/quote]

I still dont understand why mandates are required. Sorry if its the wrong forum. I'm double vaxed so have no dog in this fight. The vaccinated like the unvaxed can still get covid, can die of covid and can transmit covid. There is a bigger risk of course for the unvaxed to get the more serious symptoms but transmission is no different. Is it just to control the spread. I would think its quite easy to show a proof of vaccination that is not authentic. I use the medicare app but what if i copied someone else's in pdf .
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Dogs64 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Sanfl have released vaccination policy. Players, staff and volunteers need to be double vaxxed. No mention of the crowds.
Dogs64
Under 16s

Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 177 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:20 am

Much like Marshall has done by letting the SMA, Ent Cent, Convention Cent, Zoo etc to implement their own vaccination entry policies to remain the good guy the SANFL has done the same to the clubs. By mandating players, staff and volunteers are vaccinated the clubs have no option but to protect their players, staff and volunteers to make entry to their facilities a double vax policy. The SANFL are making the clubs do it. Smart, but not completely unseen.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:11 pm

28th January is the cut off
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:46 am

Booney wrote:Much like Marshall has done by letting the SMA, Ent Cent, Convention Cent, Zoo etc to implement their own vaccination entry policies to remain the good guy the SANFL has done the same to the clubs. By mandating players, staff and volunteers are vaccinated the clubs have no option but to protect their players, staff and volunteers to make entry to their facilities a double vax policy. The SANFL are making the clubs do it. Smart, but not completely unseen.

Marshall the smiling idiot . And who happens to support in the AFL Port Adelaide. And Norwood in the SANFL!
Just thought I’d throw that out there lol
MJP1993
Under 18s

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL