Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby jo172 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 pm

Gozu wrote:
RB wrote:[My doctor said that he was contemplating banning the unvaxxed from coming in (exceptions obviously for those who are unable to be vaccinated) on the grounds that, as a business owner, he was concerned about the liability risk of someone with COVID-19 spreading it to elderly patients, staff etc.

That's a poor opinion for a doctor to make in 21st century Australia, putting money before health. There is no risk of spreading Covid to anyone as it doesn't matter if you're vaxxed or not.

Indeed, there is no risk of killing someone drunk driving as you can kill someone driving drunk or not!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:08 pm

jo172 wrote:Indeed, there is no risk of killing someone drunk driving as you can kill someone driving drunk or not!

Not a great analogy as an uvaxxed person isn't any more of a risk than a vaxxed person. The vaccine doesn't stop you from passing Covid onto anyone else all it does is mitigate the effect of it on yourself. Extreme views like this is how they're able to get away with this stuff.

What next if doctor's surgeries are allowed to ban unvaxxed people from entering, what about smokers? Fat people? People that eat sugar? People that eat meat? What about people with different colour skin? When will it end?

I remember when my old man who was a heavy smoker was starting to drop things that he had in his left hand and didn't even notice. I said to him that sounds like warning signs from a stroke or heart attack you really should go to a doctor. Eventually he did and the doctor refused to even treat my dad because he was a smoker. My father went on to have a massive stroke has been an invalid ever since and that doctor who was younger than my dad is dead now, died of lung cancer. He must've been an ex-smoker because ex-smokers hate smokers because the smell makes them want to have a smoke.

That doctor faltered by allowing his personal biases to overcome his responsibility to treat the sick much like the doctor mentioned above considering banning unvaxxed from his surgery. Aside from the fact it should be illegal but if you start going down that route it's a very slippery slope and people like that have no business being doctors.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Gozu wrote:
jo172 wrote:Indeed, there is no risk of killing someone drunk driving as you can kill someone driving drunk or not!

Not a great analogy as an uvaxxed person isn't any more of a risk than a vaxxed person. The vaccine doesn't stop you from passing Covid onto anyone else all it does is mitigate the effect of it on yourself. Extreme views like this is how they're able to get away with this stuff.

thats just not true at all.

being vaxxed makes you much less likely to catch covid

being vaxxed makes you much less likely to pass it on

extremely incorrect views like yours are the biggest danger.

your mums an adult, tell he to put on her big girl pants and make a choice. either find a new doctor that will accept unvaccinated patients, or get vaxxed.

and lol at you trying to make it a race thing. why should a doctor treat someone who will obviously not follow their medical advice? seems like a waste of time all around. or would you rather that doctors actually put money before patients actual wellbeing?
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Gozu » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:38 pm

tipper wrote:thats just not true at all.

Bullshit, where have you heard that? Shitloads of people double vaxxed are still catching it and passing it on look at the waves in Europe and the US at the moment.

why should a doctor treat someone who will obviously not follow their medical advice? seems like a waste of time all around. or would you rather that doctors actually put money before patients actual wellbeing?

Who's not following a doctor's medical advice? My mother is now banned from even stepping foot inside her doctor's clinic. if my mum doesn't want to get the vaxx that's on her no one else's business she knows the risk for a person at her age. I've tried to talk her out of it but she's staunch about not wanting chemicals in her blood same as flu shots.

Doctors are not meant to be in the business of picking and choosing their patients we all know it goes on and it's unethical.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby tipper » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:45 pm

Gozu wrote:

Bullshit, where have you heard that? Shitloads of people double vaxxed are still catching it and passing it on look at the waves in Europe and the US at the moment.

why should a doctor treat someone who will obviously not follow their medical advice? seems like a waste of time all around. or would you rather that doctors actually put money before patients actual wellbeing?

Who's not following a doctor's medical advice? My mother is now banned from even stepping foot inside her doctor's clinic. if my mum doesn't want to get the vaxx that's on her no one else's business she knows the risk for a person at her age. I've tried to talk her out of it but she's staunch about not wanting chemicals in her blood same as flu shots.

Doctors are not meant to be in the business of picking and choosing their patients we all know it goes on and it's unethical.

You realise there is a difference between "much less likely" and "not at all" yeah?

And your mums not following medical advice by not getting vaxxed.

Show me the gp thats recommending people not get the vax, while simultaneously banning unvaxxed from their surgery

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Show me any gp who doesn't recommend getting the vaccine

or are they in on the conspiracy?
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby mal » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:23 pm

19/1/1976 The predicted mass destruction of Adelaide was a non event
23/11/2021 and onwards ?

The SA honeymoon is over

We will now find out which tag team of Apache and Daisy vrs Ambays and Booney is right
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 891 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Gozu wrote:
RB wrote:[My doctor said that he was contemplating banning the unvaxxed from coming in (exceptions obviously for those who are unable to be vaccinated) on the grounds that, as a business owner, he was concerned about the liability risk of someone with COVID-19 spreading it to elderly patients, staff etc.

That's a poor opinion for a doctor to make in 21st century Australia, putting money before health. There is no risk of spreading Covid to anyone as it doesn't matter if you're vaxxed or not.

I think this is a calculation many organisations are currently making. I doubt that my employer would go to that length - am thinking they might be looking at making masks mandatory for the unvaxxed etc.

That's one thing but blatant banning is nothing but pure discrimination and should be against the law in this day and age.

My mum is pretty upset about this you know what oldies are like the local doctor's surgery becomes like a second home to them and to be fine to enter (masked etc) one day and then banned from stepping foot on the premises the next day is not an Australia I want to be a part of. No essential health service should be allowed to pull stuff like this.

No issue for the last 18 months, was no risk then, now that we are letting double vaxxed into the state its an issue? Do the vaccines work or dont they
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:07 pm

The Nuri Medical centre has also banned unvaxed, but theyre a special kind of stupid, they are charging and extra $20 to have a telehealth appt.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:10 pm

received_2865504597080656.jpeg
received_2865504597080656.jpeg (42.33 KiB) Viewed 2161 times
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:13 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Show me any gp who doesn't recommend getting the vaccine
or are they in on the conspiracy?

Among my medical friends there is not a single one who has not been vaccinated.

That doesn't rule out the possibility that there may be the odd nutty doctor out there somewhere.
I do now of a couple whom I knew at University who became alcoholics, and a few who got themselves addicted to Opioids at some stage.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Psyber » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:16 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

No where near that protected against Covid!
I'm lining up for my 3rd (my booster) shot in January, and my annual booster thereafter.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:25 pm

Gozu wrote:

Spot on Gozu whats happened to the hippocratic oath ? Austria Gibralta UK America Israel etc etc etc all the vaxed are catching it and unfortunately are dying plenty of reports from all around the world.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Bandit » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:27 pm

Who will police the convoluted restrictions now in place and furthermore how do you know of you have been to a hotspot if they are no longer announcing them and not doing contract tracing. People will not follow the rules if they do not understand them.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:38 pm

Kahuna wrote:
stan wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Well here it is folks finally found the best fantastic vision of the history making protest in Melbourne on Saturday 20th November 2021 you can all make up your minds what the numbers are.

Jimmy Daisy and all the other like minded on here enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB91GepJHxI

I so reckon it would be been above 100k, possible even 150 - 200k maybe.

The bill currently in Vic parliament was always going to drive alot of people out for this. Forget the right wing conspiracies for a sec here, the issue is this Bill from Andrews and it is pretty shit. I mean it's terrible and should be shot down. However this was the major driver for the turn out.

Video looks impressive but not 100k impressive.
Video goes for under 8 minutes, less than 480 seconds. Round it up to 500 seconds for the sake of the argument and easier calculations.
For there to be 100k in that clip, the camera needs to pass 200 people per second for the duration. It doesn't.

I tend to disagree with ya Kahuna its a time lapse video/drone ? of the whole march from what i have seen and read from comments from start of the march until the tail end the march it took approximately 88 minutes for all these people to pass by.

Who knows like you said very impressive turn out,

Word on the street possibly another one this weekend.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:40 pm

Does anyone want to take a wild stab in the dark why African nations are the least effected by covid despite only 6% being vaccinated?
50 to 75% of Africans also don't have access to basic sanitation. How has it not run rampant in their villages?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:44 pm

Psyber wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

I'm lining up for my 3rd (my booster) shot in January, and my annual booster thereafter.

Don't do it some reports say the booster kills.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Kahuna » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:02 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
I tend to disagree with ya Kahuna its a time lapse video/drone ? of the whole march from what i have seen and read from comments from start of the march until the tail end the march it took approximately 88 minutes for all these people to pass by.

Disagree all you want but maybe you should pay attention to what you link to. From the guy who posted the video you linked, right under the video--

"Worldwide Freedom Rally in Melbourne. 20.11.21. I carried my camera setup (with pole) for 30-minutes marching back through the march and then sped it up x 4."

30 minutes sped up x4. That's where the 8 minutes (or 7:39) comes from. That's why you need 200 people/second to get to 100k. Even if he started half way through the march you need 100 people/second to get to 100k. Neither happened. Give up on your claims of hundreds of thousands, especially if you are saying the video was the whole march.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby DOC » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Psyber wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Don't do it some reports say the booster kills.

Same for sailing. Some reports say the earth is flat.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:42 pm

Flu deaths in 2019 - 948
Flu Deaths in 2021 - 0

Not being heartless but If COVID kills <1000 in 2022 will anyone really notice?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion