PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby All Tats No Stats » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:44 pm

Who’s got form? Pete or the other bloke? I only know Pete through work, he says he’s pretty competitive but I don’t see that side of him, just that he’s a good operator at work
All Tats No Stats
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Eggy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:47 pm

All Tats No Stats wrote:Pete didn’t seem too fussed about it. Just move on I reckon, no sanctions for either of them. Surely if the two involved move on then there’s not much to follow up on? Of course, I’ve only got Pete’s version. Other bloke may have a different storey and Pete may have downplayed it?

Pete has definitely down played it...if Blundall did what he did to some of the blokes doing the rounds he would have had a bat snapped on his head....
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Eggy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:09 pm

All Tats No Stats wrote:Who’s got form? Pete or the other bloke? I only know Pete through work, he says he’s pretty competitive but I don’t see that side of him, just that he’s a good operator at work

I’m assuming Blundall has form as I’ve never known of Pete getting any sanctions or warnings from the leagues ever...

I’ve only played against Blundall once so I don’t know of anything other then what happened Saturday but I have played a lot of cricket and some of it in much higher grades and what happened Saturday after the first contact deserves a spell for a couple matches atleast.
Eggy
Rookie

Postby All Tats No Stats » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:28 pm

Yeah, righto. As I said, only going by what Pete said today, I don’t think he was too worried about it. Just said a bit of push and shove but understood where the bowler was coming from. Anyway, went on to make a hundred so couldn’t have bothered him too much haha
All Tats No Stats
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby auto » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:27 am

The Bedge wrote:Whilst on Grade 2, how's Seb taking the absolute piss this year - 19 wickets @ 6.6 already with 3x 5fa's. :shock:

I feel sick in my stomach seeing those figures... but happy we aren't the only side that has been sucked in by his loopy offies in recent years! :D

Loopy offies are Enfield kryptonite - Benny Schmidtke with 8/23 Saturday.. had 8/12 or something at one stage and 8 of the 9 wickets... all this when we were cruising at 1/65 off 8 overs.. then our chase turned into a car crash.
Ill practice some loopy offies in prep for match of the round this week haha.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 am

Did something get taken down?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Big Saturday coming up.. Westies staring down the barrel of being a game and a bit adrift the top 4.

Parafield Gardens could miss a golden opportunity against the battling North Pines, which would set them behind the 8-ball for that div. You'd think Craigmore and Smithfield would win, NEK could well drop to 3rd if beaten badly enough!

Eyre Royals lose, they'll go almost 2 games off the pace but could be kissed on the doodle with the Parafield game.

Grade 3 has a couple of interesting games - OTH v Eyre Royals the match of the round, and Enfield v Two Wells. Eyre Royals haven't won an official game, whilst OTH scraped over the line against Enfield last week. Not a lot between 2nd (OTH) and 5th (Eyre). Eyre a real beneficiary of the round 1 forfeit which netted them 14.83 of their 24.85 points.

Less than a point between Enfield and Two Wells - both a little inconsistent, both would be eager to put some space between themselves and 5th.

Grade 4 has come alive with Craigmore and NEK having wins, now all 6 teams within finals range. Huge game between Craigmore and NEK this weekend - expect Eastern Park and Enfield to lose - so will put the winning a couple points outside the 4.

Grade 5 if Eyre and Craigmore loses, you'd almost have to think curtains already on their finals chances.. two games back with 10 to go, not impossible - not easy either.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:24 pm

Eggy wrote:
All Tats No Stats wrote:Who’s got form? Pete or the other bloke? I only know Pete through work, he says he’s pretty competitive but I don’t see that side of him, just that he’s a good operator at work

I’m assuming Blundall has form as I’ve never known of Pete getting any sanctions or warnings from the leagues ever...

I’ve only played against Blundall once so I don’t know of anything other then what happened Saturday but I have played a lot of cricket and some of it in much higher grades and what happened Saturday after the first contact deserves a spell for a couple matches atleast.

Yes Blundell has form. Been suspended before
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Eggy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:56 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Eggy wrote:

Yes Blundell has form. Been suspended before

If that’s the case I can’t see him playing again before Christmas but you never know.
Eggy
Rookie

Postby Eggy » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:00 am

auto wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Anyone know of the scores between Dublin and Eastern Park? Or does the time difference mean they haven't played yet?
Washed out. Most of dubbies A grade were at TW sinking beers.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Quite lucky for Dublin with their main boys in court atm
Eggy
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:36 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Craigmore
Dublin
Westies
Eastern park

1/4
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:15 am

Adam Moss made light work of Salisbury West's total yesterday, got hold of Travis Mc by the looks of it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:16 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Adam Moss made light work of Salisbury West's total yesterday, got hold of Travis Mc by the looks of it.

8 balls faced for 6x 6's I heard. :shock: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Adam Moss made light work of Salisbury West's total yesterday, got hold of Travis Mc by the looks of it.

He must've had a big afternoon, someone hacked his FB by the looks of it, you even make a cameo!!! :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

He must've had a big afternoon, someone hacked his FB by the looks of it, you even make a cameo!!! :lol: :lol:

I thought it was hot.. calendars would sell like hot cakes I reckon. 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:29 am

The Bedge wrote:I thought it was hot.. calendars would sell like hot cakes I reckon. 8) :lol:

You had a flattering rig.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 am

Grade 1
42.02 - Angle Vale
41.74 - Eastern Park
35.35 - Dublin
27.59 - Salisbury West
----------------------------

23.82 - Virginia
12.42 - Central United

Amazing what one result can do. Salisbury West were on the back foot heading into day 2 and could've found themselves floundering well outside the 4, but instead roll Virginia then score another 109 and finish the round in 4th place, with some room from 5th.

Dublin knocking off Eastern Park has closed the gap between the top 3 to just the one win.

Tough looking comp with the exception of Units who are struggling, but the other 5 fighting for 4 finals spots will see some interesting results back end of the year as it heats up.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I thought it was hot.. calendars would sell like hot cakes I reckon. 8) :lol:

You had a flattering rig.

That's why i liked it :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:37 am

Grade 2
47.22 - Craigmore
44.95 - NEK
43.22 - Smithfield
28.11 - North Pines

----------------------------
26.46 - Parafield Gardens
24.95 - Rose & Crown

WTF happened on the weekend! North Pines have been smacked every game so far then come out and win outright against Parafield! Not only does it get them off the bottom of the ladder, but into the top 4! What's even more impressive, is they've already beaten NEK outright in Round 8 which technically isn't scheduled until 5th Feb.

Eyre Royals are battling, need Sweaty back.. Parafield need McIver.. Smithifeld cruising along nicely, as is Craigmore.

It'll still be a tough battle for 4th spot, but you'd have to start thinking they'd only be making up numbers.
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:41 am

Grade 3
53.54 - ATCO
40.52 - One Tree Hill
37.63 - Enfield
30.26 - Two Wells
---------------------

28.06 - Eyre Royals
09.19 - Dublin

With the exception of ATCO who are miles ahead, and Dublin who are struggling, this div is pretty even. No real blow outs, close matches. Adam Smith back for OTH might tip the scales more in their favour and close the gap to ATCO - would have to think they're the likely GF contenders at the moment.

Enfield got out of jail Saturday against a Two Wells side missing Harris, but they're not a bad unit the Roosters.

It'll be interesting to see if Dublin can cause some upsets along the way.. you really cant afford to drop any games because there is stuff all wiggle room between sides.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps