Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 am

What happens if I make a few amendments?
Like being coerced into consent?

It would appear to fit exactly into this:

In South Australia, there is no consent when it is obtained because of 'an express or implied threat to degrade, humiliate, disgrace or harass the person or some other person'
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:59 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:What happens if I make a few amendments?

In South Australia, there is no consent when it is obtained because of 'an express or implied threat to degrade, humiliate, disgrace or harass the person or some other person'

I bet nobody reads it so go right ahead.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby RB » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:12 am

Who coerced you? Was it your missus? :D
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:21 am

RB wrote:

Who coerced you? Was it your missus? :D

She’ll do that when she finds out I’m vaxxed!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:41 am

am Bays wrote:Over 35 million vaccine doses administered in Australia since March 2021 9 deaths all associated with a AZ. None with Pfizer or Moderna vaccines

26 million Australians over 750 deaths in 2021 due to Covid

Firstly, with covid, not necessarily from.

The problem with those stats is that you can be shot multiple times and be recorded as a covid death cause you had covid.
For the vax they are doing the exact opposite. Get jabbed, causes heart issues, reported as having underlying heath problems, not a vax death.

No system is perfect but they've taken stats from the exact opposite ends of the spectrum and that's when people start to lose trust in them.

If you believe the 2-3% stat that previously came out, for covid deaths without underlying health issues, then of the 750 deaths in australia, roughly 20 are pure covid deaths. Compared to 9 for the vax, one could say its causing half as many as its saving, and then there is the caviet that it doesn't save everyone anyway, so perhaps it's only saving a third?
Sure, still a benefit but hardly the silver bullet the authorities are making it sound like.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:45 am

Booney wrote:On my Facebook feed one of my nutter friends mentioned 68% of people is SA hospitals were double vaxed.

On the day nobody was in SA hospitals with COVID. :lol:

They may have been in there for other reasons? Broken arm? Car crash? All undoubtedly caused by the vaccine shots......

I've been looking at the https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ site a bit. I find it interesting European countries are seeing high spikes in confirmed COVID, but the death rate is not spiking anywhere near as high as previous waves. It's like the vaccine is working or something? :roll:
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:47 am

Booney wrote:On my Facebook feed one of my nutter friends mentioned 68% of people is SA hospitals were double vaxed.

On the day nobody was in SA hospitals with COVID. :lol:

So you're saying we had a heap of people in hospital with side effects from a treatment for a disease that wasn't even in the state?
;) ;) ;)

Two sides to every story.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:07 am

Trader wrote:
am Bays wrote:Over 35 million vaccine doses administered in Australia since March 2021 9 deaths all associated with a AZ. None with Pfizer or Moderna vaccines

The problem with those stats is that you can be shot multiple times and be recorded as a covid death cause you had covid.
For the vax they are doing the exact opposite. Get jabbed, causes heart issues, reported as having underlying heath problems, not a vax death.

No system is perfect but they've taken stats from the exact opposite ends of the spectrum and that's when people start to lose trust in them.

If you believe the 2-3% stat that previously came out, for covid deaths without underlying health issues, then of the 750 deaths in australia, roughly 20 are pure covid deaths. Compared to 9 for the vax, one could say its causing half as many as its saving, and then there is the caviet that it doesn't save everyone anyway, so perhaps it's only saving a third?
Sure, still a benefit but hardly the silver bullet the authorities are making it sound like.

Bump

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:16 am

Trader wrote:

As someone who investigates death on daily basis in health service setting (currently investigating four right now) the basic question being asked is would this person be alive if not for covid and the answer for the Covid deaths is yes. Does that mean they aren't going to die in the short term but Covid has contributed to or accelerated that decline.

Yes some people are have comorbidities and are have advanced care directives.

The deaths being attributed to Covid are those that where Covid is considered as a Root Cause or Contributing factor as part of the M&M process.

It is the same scenario for a death due to complications from surgery of a person with comorbidities, yes the person is going to die but an informed decision ahs been made and to conduct the surgery and a complication has arisen (using the Clavien Dindo) scale of and the death is premature.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:20 am

5AA JUST IN | South Australia has recorded a COVID case 24 hours after easing border restrictions. According to Professor Nicola Spurrier, the case is a fully vaccinated person from Victoria who is still shedding the virus from an old infection.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:30 am

Brodlach wrote:5AA JUST IN | South Australia has recorded a COVID case 24 hours after easing border restrictions. According to Professor Nicola Spurrier, the case is a fully vaccinated person from Victoria who is still shedding the virus from an old infection.

Yay!!

This is going to be exciting just before Christmas.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:31 am

Brodlach wrote:5AA JUST IN | South Australia has recorded a COVID case 24 hours after easing border restrictions. According to Professor Nicola Spurrier, the case is a fully vaccinated person from Victoria who is still shedding the virus from an old infection.

Fully vaccinated.
Old Infection
Tested positive.

Like sands through an hourglass.. and these are the daysofourlives.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:38 am

Quite honestly running a business with all this happening before Christmas is a nightmare.

Get someone coming in infected, there is a 7 day shutdown
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:42 am

Brodlach wrote:Quite honestly running a business with all this happening before Christmas is a nightmare.

Get someone coming in infected, there is a 7 day shutdown

Is there though......only close contacts need to isolate hey?? What would be classed as a close contact.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:46 am

What's doing my head in is our work situation.. "strongly encouraged" to get double vaccinated, everything was going ok.

Now borders open, we have to go back to having masks in the foyer, limited numbers in the lift, meeting rooms off limits, and no guests allowed into the office.

Literally gone back to the same restrictions we had this time 18 months ago pre-vaccine.

Why? To protect those who wont get vaxxed? WTF?!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 am

The Bedge wrote:What's doing my head in is our work situation.. "strongly encouraged" to get double vaccinated, everything was going ok.

Now borders open, we have to go back to having masks in the foyer, limited numbers in the lift, meeting rooms off limits, and no guests allowed into the office.

Literally gone back to the same restrictions we had this time 18 months ago pre-vaccine.

Agreed, life goes on now, if you're vaxxed you've done what you were asked, if you're not you've accepted the risk associated with that decision.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:53 am

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:What's doing my head in is our work situation.. "strongly encouraged" to get double vaccinated, everything was going ok.

Agreed, life goes on now, if you're vaxxed you've done what you were asked, if you're not you've accepted the risk associated with that decision.

There are some people who legitimately can't get a vaccine, I am willing to put up with some minor annoyances to protect them.

People who chose not to get vaxxed can gagf
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Bedge » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:02 am

Armchair expert wrote:There are some people who legitimately can't get a vaccine, I am willing to put up with some minor annoyances to protect them.

People who chose not to get vaxxed can gagf

Surely those who can't get a vaccine would be in the minority - and could / would make you aware of their circumstances, so you could manage accordingly.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:03 am

Booney wrote:

Correct, life should go on.
Media shouldn't be reporting positive cases anymore, especially old infections.
Shouldn't have 35k limits on the test match crowd.

People have had time to get jabbed, lets get on with it.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:05 am

am Bays wrote:
Trader wrote:

As someone who investigates death on daily basis in health service setting (currently investigating four right now) the basic question being asked is would this person be alive if not for covid and the answer for the Covid deaths is yes. Does that mean they aren't going to die in the short term but Covid has contributed to or accelerated that decline.

Yes some people are have comorbidities and are have advanced care directives.

The deaths being attributed to Covid are those that where Covid is considered as a Root Cause or Contributing factor as part of the M&M process.

It is the same scenario for a death due to complications from surgery of a person with comorbidities, yes the person is going to die but an informed decision ahs been made and to conduct the surgery and a complication has arisen (using the Clavien Dindo) scale of and the death is premature.

So the guy who got shot only died cause he had covid?
Clearly thats an outlier, but shows the mindset. Blame everything on Covid.

Even still, I don't have an issue with that, but be consistent, and apply the same logic to the vax.
Anyone who has a blood clot, stroke, heart attack, etc shortly after getting jabbed should be included in the vax death stats.
Trader
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion