Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:07 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Trader wrote:How's weatherald booting the helmet away. Did chuckle when I saw that.

5 penalty runs for abuse of equipment would have topped off the redbacks day!

How’s this bloke still in the side?

He cited "mental health" issues last year when he took break from Shield season. Have heard him talk and saying he only wants to play Big Bash, hates the long form of the game. May as well play someone else.

Listening to Sayers commentating, he was saying no love lost between these teams, they are quite lippy and cant stand each other, especially Renshaw. Was probably his helmet he kicked away :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:11 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Trader wrote:How's weatherald booting the helmet away. Did chuckle when I saw that.

He cited "mental health" issues last year when he took break from Shield season. Have heard him talk and saying he only wants to play Big Bash, hates the long form of the game. May as well play someone else.

Listening to Sayers commentating, he was saying no love lost between these teams, they are quite lippy and cant stand each other, especially Renshaw. Was probably his helmet he kicked away :shock:

Giving lip to the redbacks is akin to bullying as we are that shit!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:21 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

Giving lip to the redbacks is akin to bullying as we are that shit!

Years ago when I was captaining a side some dude was padded up to go in next when I asked someone else to pad up too.

A wicket fell and I said "hey Daz, just let Mick go in now and you go in after him"

Damian turns around and says "I don't give a f***, it's only an extra ball I'll have to wait"

Mick got a goldie.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:31 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

That was just stupid putting the helmet there in the first place. What a f...wit!. Why couldn't he have just put it on the side of the pitch where the fielder was going to stand? Probably deliberately trying to get a reaction which worked in the end as Weatherald got himself out.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

That was just stupid putting the helmet there in the first place. What a f...wit!. Why couldn't he have just put it on the side of the pitch where the fielder was going to stand? Probably deliberately trying to get a reaction which worked in the end as Weatherald got himself out.

Sounds interesting.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Abdul Carder looked terrible with both dismissals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:36 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:That was just stupid putting the helmet there in the first place. What a f...wit!. Why couldn't he have just put it on the side of the pitch where the fielder was going to stand? Probably deliberately trying to get a reaction which worked in the end as Weatherald got himself out.

I would've done the same thing as Weatherald, either that or tee'd off on it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:08 pm

Nielson's wicket was disgusting! especially being in and going, there is no reason he should be getting caught at mid off in this type of scenario
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Armchair expert » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:43 pm

Another 2nd innings ton for Travis Head

his first / second innings stats would be interesting
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:53 pm

And out a few balls later.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:42 pm

9/276
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:57 pm

All out 284

Sandhu 6/57

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:00 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:All out 284

Sandhu 6/57

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Be good if they showed this much fight in the first dig.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Another 2nd innings ton for Travis Head

his first / second innings stats would be interesting
By my count using MyCricket Head has 6 Sheffield Shield hundreds in first innings and 7 in second innings. I could of miscounted though.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:16 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Listening to Sayers commentating, he was saying no love lost between these teams, they are quite lippy and cant stand each other, especially Renshaw. Was probably his helmet he kicked away :shock:

@Eagles2014 Did you see it?
I've just watched it and it was Renshaw putting the helmet there, wasn't his helmet though as he already had one on and was just carrying the one he put down on the batting crease.

He definitely did it deliberately trying to get a reaction out of Weatherald and it obviously worked. Coincidentally it was Renshaw that caught Weatherald to dismiss him.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby mal » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:21 pm

mal wrote:
whufc wrote:Today’s showcases why neither Ussie or Trav shouldnt be near the test side

Both had a chance to show their metal and both produced the exact performance and shots that have got them out of the team.

And Joe Burns
And Matthew Renshaw
And Henry Hunt
And Alex Carey

In answer to your post
Should any of those 4 or Travis Head or Usman Khawaja make runs in the 2nd dig does that change things ?

Not much wrong with what WHUFC posted and what Ambays agreed with
I did raise the question what if Usman Khawaja or Travis Head make runs in the second dig, does it change things ?

Usman Khawaja did not bat
Travis hit another first class hundred
I think it does change things

Travis Head is a very good first class batsman
Might still be a decent test cricketer as well
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:05 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Listening to Sayers commentating, he was saying no love lost between these teams, they are quite lippy and cant stand each other, especially Renshaw. Was probably his helmet he kicked away :shock:

I've just watched it and it was Renshaw putting the helmet there, wasn't his helmet though as he already had one on and was just carrying the one he put down on the batting crease.

He definitely did it deliberately trying to get a reaction out of Weatherald and it obviously worked. Coincidentally it was Renshaw that caught Weatherald to dismiss him.

TDK, yes did see it. Spoken to lots of Strikers players and none of them have any kind words to say about Renshaw, prick of a bloke. He was just being a smart ass, think Weatherald had every reason to kick it out the way!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:57 am

mal wrote:
mal wrote:
whufc wrote:Today’s showcases why neither Ussie or Trav shouldnt be near the test side

Both had a chance to show their metal and both produced the exact performance and shots that have got them out of the team.

And Joe Burns
And Matthew Renshaw
And Henry Hunt
And Alex Carey

In answer to your post
Should any of those 4 or Travis Head or Usman Khawaja make runs in the 2nd dig does that change things ?

Not much wrong with what WHUFC posted and what Ambays agreed with
I did raise the question what if Usman Khawaja or Travis Head make runs in the second dig, does it change things ?

Usman Khawaja did not bat
Travis hit another first class hundred
I think it does change things

Travis Head is a very good first class batsman
Might still be a decent test cricketer as well

I’m happy if it’s enough that Khawaja doesn’t get in the side

Got tbh though I love Trav but not sure his game has ‘improved’ this season in the shield despite batting well if that makes sense.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:03 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

TDK, yes did see it. Spoken to lots of Strikers players and none of them have any kind words to say about Renshaw, prick of a bloke. He was just being a smart ass, think Weatherald had every reason to kick it out the way!

He's really that bad then, remember when he playing for the Strikers and told Kane Richardson who was playing for the Renegades to f**k off after catching Richardson to dismiss him in January this year? I wondered at the time what that was all about and why he was being a d!ckhead to Richardson.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:23 am

The Dark Knight wrote:He's really that bad then, remember when he playing for the Strikers and told Kane Richardson who was playing for the Renegades to f**k off after catching Richardson to dismiss him in January this year? I wondered at the time what that was all about and why he was being a d!ckhead to Richardson.

From my experiences with Richo and what I've heard around the place he is genuine top bloke, to me it emphasises the calibre of person Renshaw must be.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket