Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:He's really that bad then, remember when he playing for the Strikers and told Kane Richardson who was playing for the Renegades to f**k off after catching Richardson to dismiss him in January this year? I wondered at the time what that was all about and why he was being a d!ckhead to Richardson.

From my experiences with Richo and what I've heard around the place he is genuine top bloke, to me it emphasises the calibre of person Renshaw must be.

Spot on LM, Richo is a legend, very chilled bloke. He absolutely cant stand Renshaw which sums up the bloke :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 522 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:42 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:He's really that bad then, remember when he playing for the Strikers and told Kane Richardson who was playing for the Renegades to f**k off after catching Richardson to dismiss him in January this year? I wondered at the time what that was all about and why he was being a d!ckhead to Richardson.

From my experiences with Richo and what I've heard around the place he is genuine top bloke, to me it emphasises the calibre of person Renshaw must be.

Spot on LM, Richo is a legend, very chilled bloke. He absolutely cant stand Renshaw which sums up the bloke :shock:

Yes I've heard Richo is a great fellow. Very good with the young players on the Redbacks list as well. With Renshaw, if that's the case he's such a knob, why the hell did the Strikers recruit him? I know all teams want the best players they can get but surely you've also got to weigh up the culture side of things and implement a "no d...head" policy?? If most of the Strikers think he's such a w - anchor then they should get rid of him when his contract expires.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 50 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:51 am

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yes I've heard Richo is a great fellow. Very good with the young players on the Redbacks list as well. With Renshaw, if that's the case he's such a knob, why the hell did the Strikers recruit him? I know all teams want the best players they can get but surely you've also got to weigh up the culture side of things and implement a "no d...head" policy?? If most of the Strikers think he's such a w - anchor then they should get rid of him when his contract expires.

Agree MC!!

On Richo, heard rumour this may be his last game for Redbacks on Sunday, moving to Queensland to play next season. :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 522 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:09 am

Head season so far:
19 +
230 +
23 *
28 +
21 *
101 *

* = second innings
+ = ODD

Should add last year he scored 893 SS runs @ 68.69 - reasonable body of work.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:11 am

Khawaja season so far:
12 +
174 *
8 *

* = second innings
+ = ODD
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mal » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:51 am

whufc wrote:
mal wrote:
mal wrote:
whufc wrote:Today’s showcases why neither Ussie or Trav shouldnt be near the test side

Both had a chance to show their metal and both produced the exact performance and shots that have got them out of the team.

And Joe Burns
And Matthew Renshaw
And Henry Hunt
And Alex Carey

In answer to your post
Should any of those 4 or Travis Head or Usman Khawaja make runs in the 2nd dig does that change things ?

Not much wrong with what WHUFC posted and what Ambays agreed with
I did raise the question what if Usman Khawaja or Travis Head make runs in the second dig, does it change things ?

Usman Khawaja did not bat
Travis hit another first class hundred
I think it does change things

Travis Head is a very good first class batsman
Might still be a decent test cricketer as well

I’m happy if it’s enough that Khawaja doesn’t get in the side

Got tbh though I love Trav but not sure his game has ‘improved’ this season in the shield despite batting well if that makes sense.

Good reply by a good poster

Ambays , your thoughts ?
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 882 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 am

mal wrote:
whufc wrote:Got tbh though I love Trav but not sure his game has ‘improved’ this season in the shield despite batting well if that makes sense.

Ambays , your thoughts ?

Good reply? That's the most nonsensical thing I've read in ages.

Load of waft.

Furthermore, good poster or not, whuffer loses credibility in being able to judge his "improvement" based off this line alone:

whufc wrote:Cant say I often watch big stints of the shield cricket..
Last edited by The Bedge on Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby mal » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:02 am

The Bedge wrote:Head season so far:
19 +
230 +
23 *
28 +
21 *
101 *

* = second innings
+ = ODD

Should add last year he scored 893 SS runs @ 68.69 - reasonable body of work.

Good post by an iconic poster
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 882 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:03 am

mal wrote:Good post by an iconic poster

Suck arse.. you know how to work a room.. flattery will get you everywhere. :lol: :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:05 am

The Bedge wrote:
mal wrote:Good post by an iconic poster

Suck arse.. you know how to work a room.. flattery will get you everywhere. :lol: :P

I think spell check changed moronic to iconic ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:10 am

amber_fluid wrote:I think spell check changed moronic to iconic ;)

That works for me too, :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:25 am

The Bedge wrote:
mal wrote:
whufc wrote:Got tbh though I love Trav but not sure his game has ‘improved’ this season in the shield despite batting well if that makes sense.

Ambays , your thoughts ?

Good reply? That's the most nonsensical thing I've read in ages.

Load of waft.

Furthermore, good poster or not, whuffer loses credibility in being able to judge his "improvement" based off this line alone:

whufc wrote:Cant say I often watch big stints of the shield cricket..

I watch lots of Trav, by big stints I mean I don't watch every ball the redbacks bowl, I don't watch much of the other states play each other but I do jump on the phone when every I see Trav is batting with fingers crossed for a big score.

I guess what im trying to say is yes his batting well but I don't think his fixed any of the deficiencies that failed him at test level. Still getting caught a lot from very poor shots rather than good balls getting him, at test level you cant constantly get yourself out and make it because between you getting yourself out will be a lot more balls that will have your name on them then you get at shield level.

Is averaging 14.6 away from AO/Karen Rolton this year as well.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:31 am

whufc wrote:I watch lots of Trav, by big stints I mean I don't watch every ball the redbacks bowl, I don't watch much of the other states play each other but I do jump on the phone when every I see Trav is batting with fingers crossed for a big score.

I guess what im trying to say is yes his batting well but I don't think his fixed any of the deficiencies that failed him at test level. Still getting caught a lot from very poor shots rather than good balls getting him, at test level you cant constantly get yourself out and make it because between you getting yourself out will be a lot more balls that will have your name on them then you get at shield level.

Got any examples of these wickets thrown away you're referring to - or just a perception (not that I necessarily disagree).

The AO / KR oval point i dont buy this time around - this shield match has shown batting isnt as easy on this deck, the only away games were WACA and Tassie.

End of the day, he's not going to be a guy who has a water tight defense and bats for days and days.. but he is going to be the guy who can take a game away from you in a session ala Warner / Gilchrist.. and maybe those deficiencies wont go away, but his aptitude to not allow them to get him out as often might decrease.

Let Smith and Labuschange bat for two days and break the spirits.. lets Head come in and play like a cowboy and destroy their hopes.

Khawaja is too conservative.. and carries his own deficiencies.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:31 am

Didn't take long for Usman to run us down
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:33 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Didn't take long for Usman to run us down

Guess he knew he needed most the 80 needed to keep his name in the conversation :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:51 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I watch lots of Trav, by big stints I mean I don't watch every ball the redbacks bowl, I don't watch much of the other states play each other but I do jump on the phone when every I see Trav is batting with fingers crossed for a big score.

Got any examples of these wickets thrown away you're referring to - or just a perception (not that I necessarily disagree).

The AO / KR oval point i dont buy this time around - this shield match has shown batting isnt as easy on this deck, the only away games were WACA and Tassie.

End of the day, he's not going to be a guy who has a water tight defense and bats for days and days.. but he is going to be the guy who can take a game away from you in a session ala Warner / Gilchrist.. and maybe those deficiencies wont go away, but his aptitude to not allow them to get him out as often might decrease.

Let Smith and Labuschange bat for two days and break the spirits.. lets Head come in and play like a cowboy and destroy their hopes.

Khawaja is too conservative.. and carries his own deficiencies.

Love Cricket Australia app.

The poor dismissals where he clearly gets himself out I believe are below. There are 3 dismissals missing from the app.

Only on two occasions from the 8 I could see was he out from a decent ball rather than him playing a poor shot. .

vs QLD (this match 1st innings) dances down the wicket doesn't get there and flicks it to leg slip. Looked a premediated charge
vs QLD (this match second innings) 2nd innings caught cutting / playing through gully to one too close which has been a common theme of dismissal for him at test level, albeit his score was very decent so can forgive
vs WA (first innings) holed out the deep square leg last over before the new ball, exposing the new batsmen.
vs WA (second innings) gloved a pull shot to the keeper.
vs QLD (second innings) caught in front of square flicking one off the legs soft as for a player of his quality.
vs WA (first innings) caught at mid wicket flicking one of his legs albeit was on 163, can forgive.

Interesting he seems to have a real issue hitting balls of his pads in the air.

P.s. im team Head over Khawaja every day of the week.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:03 pm

whufc wrote:vs QLD (this match 1st innings) dances down the wicket doesn't get there and flicks it to leg slip. Looked a premediated charge.

**** you're a tough judge
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:09 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:vs QLD (this match 1st innings) dances down the wicket doesn't get there and flicks it to leg slip. Looked a premediated charge.

Come on mate, surely as a bowler your not claiming that as a great piece of bowling. I mean its not bad bowling but you wont get a wicket from that 99 out of 100 times.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:22 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Come on mate, surely as a bowler your not claiming that as a great piece of bowling. I mean its not bad bowling but you wont get a wicket from that 99 out of 100 times.

Of course it's not great bowling - straight ball spinning to leg, he's got a bit of it - not enough, but gone straight into the lap of leg slip, whose there more for an inside edge from a forward press.

Hardly throwing his wicket away, or repeating pre-existing expressed deficiencies. Don't want to say Head was unlucky, but it's a lot different than slashing through the off and knicking up.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby RB » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 pm

whufc wrote:I guess what im trying to say is yes his batting well but I don't think his fixed any of the deficiencies that failed him at test level.

Did he fail that badly though? I agree he had a bad habit of throwing his wicket away, but an average of 39.75 isn't terrible.

At the end of the day you pick the best team available. You can't exclude a bloke on the basis of his deficiencies if you don't have anyone better.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket