Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:44 am

MW wrote:
RustyCage wrote:So my day just got more “interesting”. Had an alert on my phone while I was out that our door bell was ringing. Looked at the video of it. She pressed the buttons a few times, before turning to leave, and staggering off. Saw on the video she went to the house across the road. Must have tried a few more houses. Got home, cops everywhere. Ambulance arrived soon after. Turns out, when someone opened their door, she pushed past, ran to their kitchen and grabbed some knives. Tried to stab the home owner, before stabbing herself.

Mental health services are severely underfunded

Always keep your doors locked.
Similar thing happened to by bro years ago...he heard a noise in his backyard and got off the couch to have a look and when he got visibility on his open back door, there was a dude in the middle of his yard staring at him. Bro realised back door was open, dude in the backyard thought the same thing, and they both raced to the door but bro got there first and locked it just as the dude was trying to open it. Very scary.

I cant keep my doors locked. I bought a house but I don't even have a key to it. :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:52 am

whufc wrote:
I cant keep my doors locked. I bought a house but I don't even have a key to it. :lol:

That reminds me, you're out of honey.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:53 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

That reminds me, you're out of honey.

FFS mate did you miss the 2 bee hives on the way in to the house. Get it yourself!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Psyber » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:36 pm

whufc wrote:
MW wrote:
RustyCage wrote:So my day just got more “interesting”. Had an alert on my phone while I was out that our door bell was ringing. Looked at the video of it. She pressed the buttons a few times, before turning to leave, and staggering off. Saw on the video she went to the house across the road. Must have tried a few more houses. Got home, cops everywhere. Ambulance arrived soon after. Turns out, when someone opened their door, she pushed past, ran to their kitchen and grabbed some knives. Tried to stab the home owner, before stabbing herself.

Similar thing happened to by bro years ago...he heard a noise in his backyard and got off the couch to have a look and when he got visibility on his open back door, there was a dude in the middle of his yard staring at him. Bro realised back door was open, dude in the backyard thought the same thing, and they both raced to the door but bro got there first and locked it just as the dude was trying to open it. Very scary.

First thing I ever do when I buy a house is get a locksmith in to change the keying. I don't keep it locked when home but the screen security doors are at least latched, and all external doors have deadlocks for when no one is home. The windows have latches and deadlocks too - all keyed alike for convenience so the only keys are with us - we each carry one key for doors and one for windows.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby MW » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:47 am

That cyclist killed yesterday hit by a truck at flagstaff hill. I'm hearing it might be someone from the trail running community :cry:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:31 am

Psyber wrote:
whufc wrote:
MW wrote:

First thing I ever do when I buy a house is get a locksmith in to change the keying.

And fit new toilet seats.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Psyber » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:39 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
Psyber wrote: First thing I ever do when I buy a house is get a locksmith in to change the keying.

No, just give them a good clean if they are otherwise OK.
Current home though they were a bit dated looking and uncomfortably low - 2004 vintage cream colour - so I had the whole assembly replaced in both bathrooms. Also had all the cream walls throughout the house repainted a very pale grey (almost white) before moving in.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:58 pm

MW wrote:That cyclist killed yesterday hit by a truck at flagstaff hill. I'm hearing it might be someone from the trail running community :cry:

Part of the West Lakes Triathlon club I believe, ride that road regularly myself, talk that the truck driver never saw him :(
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:43 am

Looking at my yard and thinking about Sheik Yerbouti, I didn't know Pete that well but I miss him on here and miss our cheeky footy text exchanges. Good one gone too early. RIP Pete.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:47 am

Dutchy wrote:
MW wrote:That cyclist killed yesterday hit by a truck at flagstaff hill. I'm hearing it might be someone from the trail running community :cry:

Part of the West Lakes Triathlon club I believe, ride that road regularly myself, talk that the truck driver never saw him :(

Yeah I know who it is now, heavily involved in riding, tri, and running communities and a very popular member. Tragic.
Ironically I drove the road yesterday and can see how dangerous it is.
MW
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:49 am

Psyber wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Psyber wrote: First thing I ever do when I buy a house is get a locksmith in to change the keying.

Current home though they were a bit dated looking and uncomfortably low - 2004 vintage cream colour - so I had the whole assembly replaced in both bathrooms. Also had all the cream walls throughout the house repainted a very pale grey (almost white) before moving in.

You probably have that chrome hand rail fitted to the wall too :D :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Psyber » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:25 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Psyber wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

No. :lol:
But I did have one fitted in the en-suite shower when my wife had to have a hip replacement - turns out it wasn't really needed.
Personally, although I've just turned 78, I'm still as fit and mobile as I was in my forties - and most of my hair is still there and still brown.
The beard has lost its colour gradually though.

(I picked the right parents - the family tendency is to make it into the late 90s reasonably intact and functional.)
Psyber
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:48 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Psyber wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

They come in handy!!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:47 am

Psyber wrote:

Absolutely, and the current state mental heath acts limit what can be done. These days someone can be detained for necessary treatment only if they clearly psychotic AND manifestly a danger to themselves or others. The moment the danger is not provable they can sign themselves out, even if they are still likely delusional but hiding it fairly well. Antipsychotic medications take weeks to work but here is a bed shortage and a staff shortage.

Then there are those who go acutely psychotic on certain drugs, and their acute symptoms settle after a few days. so they then leave the inpatient unit, go back on their preferred drugs and go round through the police, EDs, and inpatient units, again during the next week. (It makes the admission and allegedly effective treatment statistics look good though.)

The state of our health system is ****** appalling
And the people who have let us down want us to trust them
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby heater31 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:15 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Absolutely, and the current state mental heath acts limit what can be done. These days someone can be detained for necessary treatment only if they clearly psychotic AND manifestly a danger to themselves or others. The moment the danger is not provable they can sign themselves out, even if they are still likely delusional but hiding it fairly well. Antipsychotic medications take weeks to work but here is a bed shortage and a staff shortage.

Then there are those who go acutely psychotic on certain drugs, and their acute symptoms settle after a few days. so they then leave the inpatient unit, go back on their preferred drugs and go round through the police, EDs, and inpatient units, again during the next week. (It makes the admission and allegedly effective treatment statistics look good though.)

The state of our health system is ****** appalling
And the people who have let us down want us to trust them
Used said facilities at TQEH yesterday evening I got it easy in and out in about 2.5 hours for a couple of Stiches.

Woman in the waiting area was there when I presented and writhing in pain, staff ordered basic pain relief but it never arrived in the time I was in the waiting area! FFS it was ******* paracetamol they wanted!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:37 am

Psyber wrote:Absolutely, and the current state mental heath acts limit what can be done. These days someone can be detained for necessary treatment only if they clearly psychotic AND manifestly a danger to themselves or others. The moment the danger is not provable they can sign themselves out, even if they are still likely delusional but hiding it fairly well. Antipsychotic medications take weeks to work but here is a bed shortage and a staff shortage.

but not the 28 days re-admission rate, which is a national KPI.

Any authorised officer, nurse MO can put someone under an ITO 1, but it has to be reviewed within 24 hrs by a Registered Psychiatrist.

That said as you stated given demand and flow issuers the reality is the ITO is lifted due no identifiable AXIS 1 diagnosis (acute situational crisis on a background of AOD use due to anti-social personality trait and maladaptive behaviours)

However if you think SA's MH system is in trouble come to the NT, THE CMH system in SA isnt perfect but up here....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:46 pm

am Bays wrote:
Psyber wrote:Absolutely, and the current state mental heath acts limit what can be done. These days someone can be detained for necessary treatment only if they clearly psychotic AND manifestly a danger to themselves or others. The moment the danger is not provable they can sign themselves out, even if they are still likely delusional but hiding it fairly well. Antipsychotic medications take weeks to work but here is a bed shortage and a staff shortage.

but not the 28 days re-admission rate, which is a national KPI.

Any authorised officer, nurse MO can put someone under an ITO 1, but it has to be reviewed within 24 hrs by a Registered Psychiatrist.

That said as you stated given demand and flow issuers the reality is the ITO is lifted due no identifiable AXIS 1 diagnosis (acute situational crisis on a background of AOD use due to anti-social personality trait and maladaptive behaviours)

However if you think SA's MH system is in trouble come to the NT, THE CMH system in SA isn't perfect but up here....

I've just spent a few weeks at Armadale Health Service in Perth - pretty chaotic there too.
Psyber
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 am

Watching one of my daughters friends go down with an ACL during netball last night...I've never actually witnessed anyone in the flesh get one of these injuries and I had to help her off the court and she was in agony. Feel for her and her family having to go through this.
MW
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:03 am

MW wrote:Watching one of my daughters friends go down with an ACL during netball last night...I've never actually witnessed anyone in the flesh get one of these injuries and I had to help her off the court and she was in agony. Feel for her and her family having to go through this.

It's horrible hey, especially so young.

My lad's best mate did his in the prelim celebrating a goal that put them in front during the prelim.................they lost.

I've seen two compound fracture's while umpiring, both great blokes too, that is sickening, as a person you just want the game to hurry up and end, you cringe at every contest.

When I was 15 I was playing B Grade and one of my mates got tackled from behind and swallowed his tongue along with a few teeth, that was very scary.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:38 am

wow thats some serious injuries!
MW
Coach