I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Psyber » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:58 pm

I found this interesting: https://whatisnuclear.com/thorium.html
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
User avatar
Psyber
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12034
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:43 pm
Location: Now back in the Adelaide Hills.
Has liked: 92 times
Been liked: 341 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:42 am

What's you biggest find or loss? Money-wise.

It was a discussion at work yesterday, I've neve lost a big clump of money but I'm constantly losing notes.

A memorable one was one afternoon I grabbed a jacket to go to the pub with, it was the first coldish day of the season so I hadn't worn it for a good 8 months, I was sitting on the train and felt something in the inside pocket and there was $300 bucks there.

I must've been pretty pissed last time I wore it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 46494
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3744 times
Been liked: 6566 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:46 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:What's you biggest find or loss? Money-wise.

It was a discussion at work yesterday, I've neve lost a big clump of money but I'm constantly losing notes.

A memorable one was one afternoon I grabbed a jacket to go to the pub with, it was the first coldish day of the season so I hadn't worn it for a good 8 months, I was sitting on the train and felt something in the inside pocket and there was $300 bucks there.

I must've been pretty pissed last time I wore it.


Went to the casino around new years about 10 year ago. Had a good night on the Blackjack table and come home with about $2k. A month later I opened the zipped part of my Wallet and found 10 x hundys all nicely paper-clipped together. Thinking there was nothing in it Id left my wallet just casually lying around many times without realising. Was one of the best bonuses I've experienced lol
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:47 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:What's you biggest find or loss? Money-wise.

It was a discussion at work yesterday, I've neve lost a big clump of money but I'm constantly losing notes.

A memorable one was one afternoon I grabbed a jacket to go to the pub with, it was the first coldish day of the season so I hadn't worn it for a good 8 months, I was sitting on the train and felt something in the inside pocket and there was $300 bucks there.

I must've been pretty pissed last time I wore it.


Went to the casino around new years about 10 year ago. Had a good night on the Blackjack table and come home with about $2k. A month later I opened the zipped part of my Wallet and found 10 x hundys all nicely paper-clipped together. Thinking there was nothing in it Id left my wallet just casually lying around many times without realising. Was one of the best bonuses I've experienced lol

Dear me!!!! What did the wife say about the $300 you found?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 46494
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3744 times
Been liked: 6566 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:What's you biggest find or loss? Money-wise.

It was a discussion at work yesterday, I've neve lost a big clump of money but I'm constantly losing notes.

A memorable one was one afternoon I grabbed a jacket to go to the pub with, it was the first coldish day of the season so I hadn't worn it for a good 8 months, I was sitting on the train and felt something in the inside pocket and there was $300 bucks there.

I must've been pretty pissed last time I wore it.


Went to the casino around new years about 10 year ago. Had a good night on the Blackjack table and come home with about $2k. A month later I opened the zipped part of my Wallet and found 10 x hundys all nicely paper-clipped together. Thinking there was nothing in it Id left my wallet just casually lying around many times without realising. Was one of the best bonuses I've experienced lol

Dear me!!!! What did the wife say about the $300 you found?


She was really impressed with my $100 collect ;)
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:05 am

JK wrote:
She was really impressed with my $100 collect ;)

:lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 46494
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3744 times
Been liked: 6566 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Spargo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:21 am

About 20 years ago (single & no kids) I was washing the bedding when I felt something in one the pillow cases. It was a small money bag that the banks used for silver coins, inside it was a TAB ticket from the previous Thursday night & $670 in cash. I’d had $50 on something in the last at Richmond dogs that got up. Scrawled in drunken writing on the ticket was a note I’d left myself saying “See, I told you you wouldn’t remember”… :lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13710
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4314 times
Been liked: 4288 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: I need to know....

Postby Brodlach » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:25 am

Spargo wrote:About 20 years ago (single & no kids) I was washing the bedding when I felt something in one the pillow cases. It was a small money bag that the banks used for silver coins, inside it was a TAB ticket from the previous Thursday night & $670 in cash. I’d had $50 on something in the last at Richmond dogs that got up. Scrawled in drunken writing on the ticket was a note I’d left myself saying “See, I told you you wouldn’t remember”… :lol:



:lol: :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 39932
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3085 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:10 am

Spargo wrote:About 20 years ago (single & no kids) I was washing the bedding when I felt something in one the pillow cases. It was a small money bag that the banks used for silver coins, inside it was a TAB ticket from the previous Thursday night & $670 in cash. I’d had $50 on something in the last at Richmond dogs that got up. Scrawled in drunken writing on the ticket was a note I’d left myself saying “See, I told you you wouldn’t remember”… :lol:

That is so you.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 46494
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3744 times
Been liked: 6566 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:11 am

Funny how all three anecdotes are alcohol and gambling related. :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 46494
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3744 times
Been liked: 6566 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby tipper » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:38 am

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:What's you biggest find or loss? Money-wise.

It was a discussion at work yesterday, I've neve lost a big clump of money but I'm constantly losing notes.

A memorable one was one afternoon I grabbed a jacket to go to the pub with, it was the first coldish day of the season so I hadn't worn it for a good 8 months, I was sitting on the train and felt something in the inside pocket and there was $300 bucks there.

I must've been pretty pissed last time I wore it.


Went to the casino around new years about 10 year ago. Had a good night on the Blackjack table and come home with about $2k. A month later I opened the zipped part of my Wallet and found 10 x hundys all nicely paper-clipped together. Thinking there was nothing in it Id left my wallet just casually lying around many times without realising. Was one of the best bonuses I've experienced lol

Dear me!!!! What did the wife say about the $300 you found?


She was really impressed with my $100 collect ;)
And thankful for the $60 you offered her from the winnings?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2744
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:45 am
Has liked: 355 times
Been liked: 468 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:39 pm

Spargo wrote:About 20 years ago (single & no kids) I was washing the bedding when I felt something in one the pillow cases. It was a small money bag that the banks used for silver coins, inside it was a TAB ticket from the previous Thursday night & $670 in cash, a Glock, safety deposit key and 3 different passports. I’d had $50 on something in the last at Richmond dogs that got up. Scrawled in drunken writing on the ticket was a note I’d left myself saying “See, I told you you wouldn’t remember”… :lol:


EFA
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: I need to know....

Postby Spargo » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:41 pm

JK wrote:
Spargo wrote:About 20 years ago (single & no kids) I was washing the bedding when I felt something in one the pillow cases. It was a small money bag that the banks used for silver coins, inside it was a TAB ticket from the previous Thursday night & $670 in cash, a Glock, safety deposit key and 3 different passports. I’d had $50 on something in the last at Richmond dogs that got up. Scrawled in drunken writing on the ticket was a note I’d left myself saying “See, I told you you wouldn’t remember”… :lol:


EFA


:lol:
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach
 
 
Posts: 13710
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:42 pm
Location: Printing the t-shirts
Has liked: 4314 times
Been liked: 4288 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Re: I need to know....

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:05 pm

JK wrote:Went to the casino around new years about 10 year ago. Had a good night on the Blackjack table and come home with about $2k.

I've done similar, where if I'm winning I decide to put chips in a different pocket or give to a friend so I don't spend it - few times i've woken up the next day and either found chips stashed in inside pockets, or had mates call me telling me they're holding xx amount for me :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14318
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 3012 times
Been liked: 3436 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:
JK wrote:Went to the casino around new years about 10 year ago. Had a good night on the Blackjack table and come home with about $2k.

I've done similar, where if I'm winning I decide to put chips in a different pocket or give to a friend so I don't spend it - few times i've woken up the next day and either found chips stashed in inside pockets, or had mates call me telling me they're holding xx amount for me :lol:


I think it's the universal drunk banking system to try and limit the damage ;)
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: I need to know....

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:14 pm

JK wrote:I think it's the universal drunk banking system to try and limit the damage ;)

... and we all feel super intelligent and smug for thinking of it at the time - like we are cheating death. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
User avatar
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14318
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Has liked: 3012 times
Been liked: 3436 times

Re: I need to know....

Postby JK » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:
JK wrote:I think it's the universal drunk banking system to try and limit the damage ;)

... and we all feel super intelligent and smug for thinking of it at the time - like we are cheating death. :lol:

:lol: :lol:
FUSC
User avatar
JK
Coach
 
 
Posts: 36846
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Coopers Hill
Has liked: 4065 times
Been liked: 2715 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: I need to know....

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:
JK wrote:I think it's the universal drunk banking system to try and limit the damage ;)

... and we all feel super intelligent and smug for thinking of it at the time - like we are cheating death. :lol:


or hiding it from the bloke with the Glock
User avatar
Jimmy_041
Coach
 
 
Posts: 12326
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:30 pm
Has liked: 518 times
Been liked: 819 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Re: I need to know....

Postby Corona Man » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:14 pm

Spargo wrote:About 20 years ago (single & no kids) I was washing the bedding when I felt something in one the pillow cases. It was a small money bag that the banks used for silver coins, inside it was a TAB ticket from the previous Thursday night & $670 in cash. I’d had $50 on something in the last at Richmond dogs that got up. Scrawled in drunken writing on the ticket was a note I’d left myself saying “See, I told you you wouldn’t remember”… :lol:

Gold Spargo…. Gold!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
User avatar
Corona Man
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11185
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:28 pm
Location: Near the Beer Fridge
Has liked: 1135 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Re: I need to know....

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:50 pm

8) :)
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
User avatar
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:05 pm
Location: On the prairie
Has liked: 380 times
Been liked: 115 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests