Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MW wrote:Watching one of my daughters friends go down with an ACL during netball last night...I've never actually witnessed anyone in the flesh get one of these injuries and I had to help her off the court and she was in agony. Feel for her and her family having to go through this.

It's horrible hey, especially so young.

My lad's best mate did his in the prelim celebrating a goal that put them in front during the prelim.................they lost.

I've seen two compound fracture's while umpiring, both great blokes too, that is sickening, as a person you just want the game to hurry up and end, you cringe at every contest.

When I was 15 I was playing B Grade and one of my mates got tackled from behind and swallowed his tongue along with a few teeth, that was very scary.

Having played a lot of soccer have seen half a dozen compound fractures in particular the ankle, lots of dislocations as well which can be fairly graphic.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:53 am

Saw a ruckman in a B grade game, 11:00am kick off, freezing cold, first ball up came down with a straight leg and dislocated his hip, big bloke was in agony. He made noises I never wish to hear again.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:22 am

My step-son died in a car accident 6 years ago, there has been a memorial set up at the crash site since, a place for his son, family and friends to visit.

His former partner took his son there yesterday to drop something off that he made at school for him only to find that someone had trashed it all and stolen the cross that had his name, DOB and the date that he lost his life on it.

People are just f****** in the head, it has no value to anyone else and how could you be so heartless to destroy something of somebody who is no longer with us? Wouldn't something within tell you what you're doing is wrong, or whoever else was around and seen it?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My step-son died in a car accident 6 years ago, there has been a memorial set up at the crash site since, a place for his son, family and friends to visit.

His former partner took his son there yesterday to drop something off that he made at school for him only to find that someone had trashed it all and stolen the cross that had his name, DOB and the date that he lost his life on it.

People are just f****** in the head, it has no value to anyone else and how could you be so heartless to destroy something of somebody who is no longer with us? Wouldn't something within tell you what you're doing is wrong, or whoever else was around and seen it?

So many disrespectful idiots around
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:My step-son died in a car accident 6 years ago, there has been a memorial set up at the crash site since, a place for his son, family and friends to visit.

That's seriously ****** up, morons like that shouldn't be on this Earth.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:03 am

Yep the lowest of the lowest.

I know I talk about it a bit but the biggest blessing for me moving from the metro area was seeing that good community spirit and value in just being a good person and member of your community still exists. Having pride in the fact your an upstanding citizen.

I honestly had lose that feeling in my 30 plus years of living in the beff.

This weekend reinforced the two extremes for me after seeing your post on facebook. We had our horse arena fence broken by one of the horses during the recent storms. The misses was gutted about given we have only been in the place for a year and half. I mentioned that to one of the lads at cricket also mentioning which is really obvious I am the least constructionally, engineering minded person you will ever meet, albeit Im more than willing to do the shit labour work until I cant move no more. The mate said if transfer him the money he will buy everything we need to fix the entire arena, he will measure it etc etc. So I did that Friday morning.

The misses went to work Saturday morning at 7am, I then woke up at 8am to look across the road where our arena is to see 5 of my cricket mates out there fixing the entire fence. Obviously went to offer a hand but got told to piss off and let them smash it out. With that in mind cooked the lads the biggest bacon and egg, mushroom, tomato, chipotle, hashbrown feed you could ask for and bought them a carton of beer each. They finished by around 11am in time to head to cricket

I haven't had that kind of stuff happen in many years....all these cricket team mates are between 21-27 years old as well which surprised me more.

Ironically I felt pretty bad as we lost a game we should of won in a very flat tired looking performance.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:07 am

Brodlach wrote:

So many disrespectful idiots around

Wedgie wrote:That's seriously ****** up, morons like that shouldn't be on this Earth.

It totally baffles me that someone could be so morally disturbed, they will be found out as it is a very distinctive cross and Adelaide is a small place.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:14 am

Sorry to hear this story :) in todays society there is a lot of scum around if i had to come across these CRETINS i would give them a thorough thrashing.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:39 am

Apachebulldog wrote:

Sorry to hear this story :) in todays society there is a lot of scum around if i had to come across these CRETINS i would give them a thorough thrashing.

Yes there certainly is.

It would want to re-appear very soon, there's no shortage of people wanting to sort the matter out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:47 pm

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:25 pm

am Bays wrote:The incident in Tasmania

Thoughts are with the families.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-16/jumping-castle-hillcrest-primary-school-children-die/100704754

Saw this on the ch 7 news earlier.
Terrible news.
So sad!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:46 am

amber_fluid wrote:
am Bays wrote:The incident in Tasmania

Thoughts are with the families.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-16/jumping-castle-hillcrest-primary-school-children-die/100704754

Saw this on the ch 7 news earlier.
Terrible news.
So sad!

I can't even bring myself to open this for the details, the radio announcement was horrible enough, I feel absolutely sick thinking of what them families are going through a week out from Christmas, life just isn't fair.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:48 am

Our dog tore his ACL last night. Looking at hundreds for an X ray and possibly thousands for an op.
Should have seen his poor face when I told him he was out of footy for 12 months.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Vamos » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:Our dog tore his ACL last night. Looking at hundreds for an X ray and possibly thousands for an op.
Should have seen his poor face when I told him he was out of footy for 12 months.

:lol: LARS will get him back sooner
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Vamos » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:13 pm

Setting up my workstation after 3 and a half weeks off.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:56 am

Wedgie wrote:Our dog tore his ACL last night. Looking at hundreds for an X ray and possibly thousands for an op.

Two per day after Chum

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Wedgie » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:00 am

I don't think an anparasitic treatment will help much with a torn acl.

We have him on a ti inflammatory tablets atm, he seems in a lot less pain now and occasionally uses the leg but is getting around on 3 legs for the most part atm.
Have to see how he pulls up in the next day before possibly taking him for x rays and/or an op.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:38 pm

Wedgie wrote:I don't think an anparasitic treatment will help much with a torn acl.

We have him on a ti inflammatory tablets atm, he seems in a lot less pain now and occasionally uses the leg but is getting around on 3 legs for the most part atm.
Have to see how he pulls up in the next day before possibly taking him for x rays and/or an op.

Get the poor animal his op - see if your vet has access to vet pay - it's like afterpay for vet bills - it's a bloody godsend

https://vetpay.com.au/
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:43 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I don't think an anparasitic treatment will help much with a torn acl.

Get the poor animal his op - see if your vet has access to vet pay - it's like afterpay for vet bills - it's a bloody godsend

https://vetpay.com.au/

we used Vetpay once in an emergency.
then we saw the conditions and managed to get it all sorted asap - they have high interest rates from memory
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:07 pm

All good, will be paying for the op straight up, had plenty saved for our OS trip this year which might be getting delayed now...
Wedgie
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion