PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:40 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I had someone attack me because I forced him to sit out because of behaviour, he rocked up to the B's got on the gas for the day and came back to the A's while we were sitting outside the changerooms and proceeded to hurl abuse at me until I gave him the ultimate insult, he then ran at me while I was seated and she was on, a few tried to intervene to no avail :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yeees! That's how you solve a problem!

It did on this occasion.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Eggy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eggy wrote:It’s a bit weird to see that far into the future but good luck to them...

Also how Blundall is named this week is a laugh. PDCA let’s people get away with anything. Just have to sort it out at the time instead of leaving it to the association!

Was he reported by the umpire or was there an investigation lodged within 48 hours?

Warned by Frank Brown but report lodged by NEK captain that night.
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Eggy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eggy wrote:It’s a bit weird to see that far into the future but good luck to them...

Also how Blundall is named this week is a laugh. PDCA let’s people get away with anything. Just have to sort it out at the time instead of leaving it to the association!

Was he reported by the umpire or was there an investigation lodged within 48 hours?

Guess they would’ve taken Frankys report / warning over the NEK report.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Eggy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Eggy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Guess they would’ve taken Frankys report / warning over the NEK report.

Yep. Even when the bloke is as bad as he is. PDCA seems to make exceptions for some teams but not others..! It’s easily the worst competition in regard to players behaviour I have ever seen or played in!
Eggy
Rookie

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:43 am

I've played in 3 different comps now and agree. A 'good' day in PDCA as far as behaviour goes would still be considered a horrendous day in the other comps ive played in.

I do miss some of the competitive battles but some of the other stuff is complete bullshit.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 am

You know what I’m sick of? The amount of people who fail to read the rules.. then either want to argue about them or get wild when something happens they weren’t aware of.

ESPECIALLY womens cricket - every ******* week I have an argument with someone over the rules. They were even emailed out yesterday morning as a reminder and STILL had people question shit. Umpires included.

I’m sick of clubs who think they’re playing for sheep stations in some grades and approach with too much of a winning mentality.
I’m sick of clubs who can dictate where they play (Men/Women) depending on their likelihood of success (yes we fought hard to for our A grade to go down a grade but we are still sitting 4th hardly dominating!)

Everyone in this comp is me, me, me.. and that’s half the reason Community cricket is dying; no one looks at the bigger picture.

Also got to question the involvement of the exec - I reckon most could comfortably name two people who are very active: Mick Curry & Pete Clarkson.. What do the rest do? Geez even got a bloke on there whose apparent role is dedicated to MyCricket and he can’t even do that in a timely manner.

I get they’re volunteers - and I’m not in a position to put my hand up, so they’re better than me.

I’m sick of my own club and members too.. “coaches” who never rock up to trainings, “captains” who we literally never see, “players” who don’t rock up to games, or turn up an hour late, or refuse to play where they’re picked. Etc etc
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 am

Ooh well I feel better now :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:17 am

The Bedge wrote:You know what I’m sick of? The amount of people who fail to read the rules.. then either want to argue about them or get wild when something happens they weren’t aware of.

ESPECIALLY womens cricket - every ******* week I have an argument with someone over the rules. They were even emailed out yesterday morning as a reminder and STILL had people question shit. Umpires included.

I’m sick of clubs who think they’re playing for sheep stations in some grades and approach with too much of a winning mentality.
I’m sick of clubs who can dictate where they play (Men/Women) depending on their likelihood of success (yes we fought hard to for our A grade to go down a grade but we are still sitting 4th hardly dominating!)

Everyone in this comp is me, me, me.. and that’s half the reason Community cricket is dying; no one looks at the bigger picture.

Also got to question the involvement of the exec - I reckon most could comfortably name two people who are very active: Mick Curry & Pete Clarkson.. What do the rest do? Geez even got a bloke on there whose apparent role is dedicated to MyCricket and he can’t even do that in a timely manner.

I get they’re volunteers - and I’m not in a position to put my hand up, so they’re better than me.

I’m sick of my own club and members too.. “coaches” who never rock up to trainings, “captains” who we literally never see, “players” who don’t rock up to games, or turn up an hour late, or refuse to play where they’re picked. Etc etc

Women's cricket used to do my bonce in, no one read the rules and I'd argue almost weekly as they made their own up as they went along.

The under 10's was just as bad, so many wannabe Justin Langers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:22 am

Eggy wrote:
Yep. Even when the bloke is as bad as he is. PDCA seems to make exceptions for some teams but not others..! It’s easily the worst competition in regard to players behaviour I have ever seen or played in!

Mate, I wouldn't think Smithfield would get cut any favours or leniency, I would think that if an investigation was submitted in time the club would be hearing about it in one way or another, I can't say that the PDCA Exec would intentionally just ignore your investigation.

And yeah, it has been a bit rough around the edges at times but as a whole I ran into a very little amount of issues over the years, if all clubs appoint good captains then things generally work themselves out, there's always a hot head that needs to be chilled out, it is the northern suburbs after all.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:31 am

whufc wrote:I've played in 3 different comps now and agree. A 'good' day in PDCA as far as behaviour goes would still be considered a horrendous day in the other comps ive played in.

I do miss some of the competitive battles but some of the other stuff is complete bullshit.

I used to be the designated fielder to have to field near the Pepper Tree :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:41 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:I've played in 3 different comps now and agree. A 'good' day in PDCA as far as behaviour goes would still be considered a horrendous day in the other comps ive played in.

I used to be the designated fielder to have to field near the Pepper Tree :lol: :lol:

Hahaha.

The few big moments that stand out for me playing at EP.

A bloke throw a stump 50-55m at the crowd :lol: :lol: :lol:
A batsmen get attacked by at least 6 of the fielding side and begin to kick him whilst on the ground.
Our captain get out batting and then take off doing a massive burn out and never came back.
Two teammates having a punch up inside the clubroom while our team was batting, neither ever played at the club again.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:05 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hahaha.

A bloke throw a stump 50-55m at the crowd :lol: :lol: :lol: Willie Searle, javelin like I heard
A batsmen get attacked by at least 6 of the fielding side and begin to kick him whilst on the ground. MR?
Our captain get out batting and then take off doing a massive burn out and never came back. Hmm?
Two teammates having a punch up inside the clubroom while our team was batting, neither ever played at the club again.Never heard this one
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Hahaha.

A bloke throw a stump 50-55m at the crowd :lol: :lol: :lol: Willie Searle, javelin like I heard Yeah in fairness to Willy things went a bit over the top that day
A batsmen get attacked by at least 6 of the fielding side and begin to kick him whilst on the ground. MR?Yeah that's the one, plenty of suspensions came out of that
Our captain get out batting and then take off doing a massive burn out and never came back. Hmm? A captain we had for three games when Super was coach
Two teammates having a punch up inside the clubroom while our team was batting, neither ever played at the club again.Never heard this one
Christian McIver and Jamie McCafferty, in fairness JMc didnt want a piece of it and was only about 18 at the time, he never played another game for EP and went straight to SW, Nathaniel Brookes also left to Rosies because of the incident
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:35 am

whufc wrote:Christian McIver and Jamie McCafferty, in fairness JMc didnt want a piece of it and was only about 18 at the time, he never played another game for EP and went straight to SW, Nathaniel Brookes also left to Rosies because of the incident[/color]

Caff couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.. no surprise he didn't want a piece of it.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:37 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Christian McIver and Jamie McCafferty, in fairness JMc didnt want a piece of it and was only about 18 at the time, he never played another game for EP and went straight to SW, Nathaniel Brookes also left to Rosies because of the incident[/color]

Caff couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.. no surprise he didn't want a piece of it.

Yeah sadly it hurt EP, lost two of the best talent they had at the time that both went on to hit div1 100's and win div 1 flag(s)

We weren't ever able to get either back to the club at any point after that.
whufc
Coach

Postby Eggy » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eggy wrote:

Mate, I wouldn't think Smithfield would get cut any favours or leniency, I would think that if an investigation was submitted in time the club would be hearing about it in one way or another, I can't say that the PDCA Exec would intentionally just ignore your investigation.

And yeah, it has been a bit rough around the edges at times but as a whole I ran into a very little amount of issues over the years, if all clubs appoint good captains then things generally work themselves out, there's always a hot head that needs to be chilled out, it is the northern suburbs after all.

Old Craigmore proving this point again yesterday. Fielding on the boundary and the ball goes over their head and they call it four...ground fielding behind the cones and saving they saved it and best of all the personal sledging from about the 3rd over...! In saying that most of them were decent just a couple that stuffed it for them
Like Akram Wilson Jackson and hobby
Eggy
Rookie

Postby GarrytheGOAT » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:34 am

Dublin cruising 20 minutes before the tea break at 2/89..... At the tea break 8/96

Virginia decided to bat again and try and get a quick point, while handing Dublin 2 points :?

1 over left in the day dublin decide to bat again and try and hit the 150 they needed to win :roll:

Probably the dumbest thing i have ever seen in a game of cricket, the sharks dont seem to be making too many friends, the players only seem to be playing there because of the $$$
GarrytheGOAT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:49 am

GarrytheGOAT wrote:Dublin cruising 20 minutes before the tea break at 2/89..... At the tea break 8/96

Virginia decided to bat again and try and get a quick point, while handing Dublin 2 points :?

1 over left in the day dublin decide to bat again and try and hit the 150 they needed to win :roll:

Probably the dumbest thing i have ever seen in a game of cricket, the sharks dont seem to be making too many friends, the players only seem to be playing there because of the $$$

Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird, who done all the damage for Virginia?

Just a side note to take back to your clubs, I usually take my Sunday morning dump around 8:30, I like to multi task and check through the scores during this time, I start at Grade 1 and work my way down checking out all grades except for LO1, so can we get the individual results in by then please?

I then flick over to the Barossa, they seem to keep me occupied for longer.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby GarrytheGOAT » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:13 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
GarrytheGOAT wrote:Dublin cruising 20 minutes before the tea break at 2/89..... At the tea break 8/96

Just a side note to take back to your clubs, I usually take my Sunday morning dump around 8:30, I like to multi task and check through the scores during this time, I start at Grade 1 and work my way down checking out all grades except for LO1, so can we get the individual results in by then please?

Warren and Seccafien got the job done
GarrytheGOAT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby auto » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Need a dumpometer....clubs that are efficient have a higher dumpometer rating.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps