Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Jim05 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:06 am

Spargo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Spargo wrote:Dylan Landt & Brodie Newman have left Glenelg, heading interstate.
Where is Dylan off to?

Playing in Darwin this weekend.
Essendon had approached him about returning to the VFL but I think it fell through
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby whybother » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:16 am

Given the AFL clubs are always looking for an advantage, is this a strategy to not use up lower-down picks, wait and see what is available that haven't been used?
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby goddy11 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:06 am

Does anyone know if these train on players receive any allowance or pay while they are away from their current jobs? Its a big move to go interstate for a few months with no guarantees and money just to chase a dream.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby JK » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:30 am

Naish announced at the Parade
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby am Bays » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:56 am

JK wrote:Naish announced at the Parade

Does he know Norwood is a high risk Covid area, obviously chose the cash....
Attachments
Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg
Sour-Grapes-Central.jpg (30.85 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:53 pm

Looks like a good get for Norwood they have appeared to recruited pretty well .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 241 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:14 pm

Hopefully we might still get a couple more recruits we are going to need them .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 241 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:18 pm

goddy11 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:I had thought that the Eagles were in a very strong position only losing Stengle and Burgoyne in the draft.

I didn't think we needed to do much recruiting but now we could potentially lose our two best players - Tsitas and Hayes! Powell may have to dust off those '50 applications' and review who may still be available!

The fact that AFL clubs can still sign up players following the wrap up of two drafts in December is ridiculous. If St Kilda & Gold Coast were going to sign up Hayes and Tsitas you'd think they would be doing so based on what they have done in their most recent seasons in the SANFL not based on 7-8 weeks of running and footy drills over Summer. This really mucks the Eagles up because we are unlikely to seek to replace them until such time as the AFL clubs make a decision and by then it will be too late.

With Hayes and Tsitas gone, that's a 1/4 of our GF side out. 3 good replacements coming in. Sheedy must know the strength of the kids coming up.

Did you complain when it happened to South for the last three years? MAY have cost us a flag....
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby gazzamagoo » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:55 pm

southernbulldog wrote:Hopefully we might still get a couple more recruits we are going to need them .

We have some interstate lads training with us at the moment.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby goddy11 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:13 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
goddy11 wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:I had thought that the Eagles were in a very strong position only losing Stengle and Burgoyne in the draft.

I didn't think we needed to do much recruiting but now we could potentially lose our two best players - Tsitas and Hayes! Powell may have to dust off those '50 applications' and review who may still be available!

The fact that AFL clubs can still sign up players following the wrap up of two drafts in December is ridiculous. If St Kilda & Gold Coast were going to sign up Hayes and Tsitas you'd think they would be doing so based on what they have done in their most recent seasons in the SANFL not based on 7-8 weeks of running and footy drills over Summer. This really mucks the Eagles up because we are unlikely to seek to replace them until such time as the AFL clubs make a decision and by then it will be too late.

With Hayes and Tsitas gone, that's a 1/4 of our GF side out. 3 good replacements coming in. Sheedy must know the strength of the kids coming up.

Did you complain when it happened to South for the last three years? MAY have cost us a flag....

I don't think my comment was a complaint at all. I actually think Sheedy has identified juniors that will make a step up from our U18 premiers. Loosing players is a fact of the SANFL. We lost many more last season and still won the GF.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby am Bays » Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:17 pm

goddy11 wrote:We lost many more last season and still won the GF.

All things considered it was a bloody great win by The Eagles this year considering who you lost from 2020 and the ultimate quality of your performance on Oct 3.

The day after at Sad Monday, the Glenelg players who played the state game spoke very highly of Sheedy
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby ferret » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:35 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

The Eagles would have lost as many as the Panthers over that period, maybe more, but still went back to back.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby DOC » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:51 pm

Probably it for recruiting as we head into the holiday break.

Tsiatis and Hayes are the only 2 SANFL players still training at AFL clubs. Time will tell.

South are still negotiating with an ex player and a VFL player who is willing to play for next to nothing (still seeking his AFL dream).
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:00 am

ferret wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:
goddy11 wrote:

The Eagles would have lost as many as the Panthers over that period, maybe more, but still went back to back.

3 x Gun SANFL ruckman at the time, the key ingredient to a good midfield where games are won. Can't replace Ruckman at the times we got hit. I'm not trying to have a who got hit hardest contest, but it killed us
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby ferret » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:11 pm

It's basically the same, if the Eagles lose J. Hayes and Tsitas, they won't be notified till end of January too late to recruit replacements.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby arcadefire » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Same thing happened last year with Rhyan Mansell...
arcadefire
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby southee » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:14 pm

ferret wrote:It's basically the same, if the Eagles lose J. Hayes and Tsitas, they won't be notified till end of January too late to recruit replacements.

Welcome to our world !
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:37 pm

Not sure if it has already been reported but Sam Breuer, son of former WWT Eagle star (and ex Geelong/Power) Shane Breuer, has signed for the Adelaide Crows Reserves.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Spargo » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:09 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Not sure if it has already been reported but Sam Breuer, son of former WWT Eagle star (and ex Geelong/Power) Shane Breuer, has signed for the Adelaide Crows Reserves.

Star, really?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby RoosterMan » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:12 pm

Shane's only claim to fame is being Port's first goalscorer in an AFL game in 1997.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
RoosterMan
Rookie

Has liked: 82 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury West

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL