Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:59 pm

The Bedge wrote:What I found interesting, wasn't the conspiracy theory, or that vaccines are bad (he supports vaccines), but that the biggest issue over the pandemic has been a lack of direction and thought towards treating covid.

Everything has been based around prevention only, and max vaccination has been built up as the only solution for the future - not treating patients early on, or managing the virus at home to prevent with hospitalisation, and then deaths.. also says research shows that COVID can not be caught twice - therefore offering no value to vaccination after having the virus except potential to cause more harm due to the spike proteins.

Said vaccination helps, and has a place, but wont stop people from catching or spreading the virus - and latest trends obviously back that albeit with milder symptoms.

We have treatments for everything else - even basic colds and flus.. we probably should have a treatment for COVID aside from just a miracle vaccine.

Totally agree with him.

What happens when you put all your eggs in the one basket and find out that your basket of eggs goes off after 3 months?
Big pharma have the solution. Sell another few billion doses at $30 each.
F*** they must be laughing in New York and Massachusetts. At least Astra Zeneca is a NFP

The bigger problem is the goverment message that it's the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" leading the vaccinated to think they are bulletproof
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby RB » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:The bigger problem is the goverment message that it's the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" leading the vaccinated to think they are bulletproof

I get your point about people thinking they're bulletproof, but the fact is the unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid, so I don't think it's an unreasonable label.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:41 pm

RB wrote:I get your point about people thinking they're bulletproof, but the fact is the unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid, so I don't think it's an unreasonable label.

Proof? Or just believe that?

What's the percentage?

When all this pandemic started, those who wanted to live life normally constantly told us less than 1% die from it. It's a common flu.

We took measures, we flattened the curve, we lived life with minimal deaths and we got ourselves vaccinated.

Now we have 80% of the population vaccinated, new cases through November were through the roof - and so were deaths.

1st April - 348 rolling average of cases per day.. rolling average of 2 deaths per day.. vaccinated rate 2% ... 0.57% deaths.
1st November - 1, 593 rolling average of cases per day.. rolling average of 14 deaths per day.. Vaccinated rate 75% .. that's 0.88%

Therefore, despite what we continue to be told, the numbers show that regardless it's no different to the start of the pandemic, it's still just under less than 1% dying.

My point I guess is, that as this bloke said on the podcast, there really hasn't been a focus on treating the virus - the max vaccination has been lauded as the great hope to end this all... but, as seen, people still catch it, still pass it on, still die from it... and you cant roll out the "oh yeah but less people are dying" line because that's factually incorrect.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:05 pm

RB wrote:unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid.

.. but imagine if there was a medicine/treatment available like cold and flu tablets that people could take at home to dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalization - wouldn't that be worth pursuing?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:41 pm

The Bedge wrote:
RB wrote:unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid.

.. but imagine if there was a medicine/treatment available like cold and flu tablets that people could take at home to dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalization - wouldn't that be worth pursuing?

Or how bout get out in the sun, do some exercise, eat good food, etc to boost your immune system. Im getting sick of of all these public Health officials ramming this message down our throat every single day
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:

There is if you look for it

BTW, 6th person I know has caught it (and its not the "positive former private schoolboy")
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:45 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Yep 2.7 from 100,000 doses

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinic ... itis-rates

Every antivax moron knows of hundreds of kids suffering from myocarditis after getting the vaccine though...

Seems strange they would introduce it for only 2.7 cases in 100,000??
They wouldnt be putting one over you again would they??
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Lockdown Lotto, whens it coming?
I think they will give you xmas day but i dont think you'll get NYE

It'll be, "2 weeks to flatten the curve"
Havent heard that before;
Ill say it again, this only ends when enough of us say no. Stop checking in, and ffs stop getting tested with their inaccurate PCR tests. What did you use to do when you got a sniffle?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:09 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

BTW, 6th person I know has caught it (and its not the "positive former private schoolboy")

This omicron seems to be spreading superfast and i mean superfast. It couldnt possibly be that with the fear created, all the vaxed are heading off to get tested and its the viral load from the vax thats testing positive could it?

How long before a "study" finds the vax and boosters do nothing to the "omicron" variant and you all have to to go back into lockdown until they can rollout a "new vaccine"
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Lockdown Lotto, whens it coming?

Ill say it again, this only ends when enough of us say no. Stop checking in, and ffs stop getting tested with their inaccurate PCR tests. What did you use to do when you got a sniffle?

There will be no lockdown ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:09 pm

Anyone see Miss Nicola’s presser yesterday. Some absolute gems in it

Even Stevens came up with a beauty
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:22 pm

No need to announce a "lockdown" when every place is shut for being an "exposure site".
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:32 am

daysofourlives wrote:Lockdown Lotto, whens it coming?

I had been wondering when Miss Nicola beings out the "our modelling did not account for Omicron blah blah blah" and then they decide they need a lockdown.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:37 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

This omicron seems to be spreading superfast and i mean superfast. It couldnt possibly be that with the fear created, all the vaxed are heading off to get tested and its the viral load from the vax thats testing positive could it?

How long before a "study" finds the vax and boosters do nothing to the "omicron" variant and you all have to to go back into lockdown until they can rollout a "new vaccine"
Nah not likely due to the 1/x factor that you would actually expect and then the exponential growth towards that when the Vax rate increases. Hence you would actually expect the positive number to be close to say 80% of tested then.

Considering how we are expecting the Vax to drop of effectiveness after time the numbers are simply wrong for that to be the case.

Also it's always just the vaccinated getting tested as most unvaxxed people don't get tested.

In the end the maths just doesn't work.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:55 am

Anyone had a moderna shot?
Just wondering what the reactions (besides being taken over by the government,bigger tits and better 5g) were like as I've had 2 Pfizer previously and have just booked moderna for a booster on Monday.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:21 am

Wedgie wrote:Anyone had a moderna shot?
Just wondering what the reactions (besides being taken over by the government,bigger tits and better 5g) were like as I've had 2 Pfizer previously and have just booked moderna for a booster on Monday.

Being a 20 something year old male athlete, you're in the firing line for myocarditis and/or pericarditis.

That aside, (plus the unknown long terms effects) why would you take a different one? I would stick to one if I was having a booster. They really have NFI about whether mixing them can hurt you
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:28 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyone had a moderna shot?

Being a 20 something year old male athlete, you're in the firing line for myocarditis and/or pericarditis.

That aside, (plus the unknown long terms effects) why would you take a different one? I would stick to one if I was having a booster. They really have NFI about whether mixing them can hurt you

It doesn't hurt you and gives better immunity and there's no long term effects. Seemed the logical choice after a bit of investigation.
Admittedly I did use existing respected medical knowledge and didn't go to wackjobs on YouTube for my knowledge so who knows? :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:35 am

The Bedge wrote:Proof? Or just believe that?
What's the percentage?

I don't have access to this same information for SA, but here is NSW.
Attachments
NSW .jpg
NSW .jpg (46.9 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:38 am

Wedgie wrote:Admittedly I did use existing respected medical knowledge and didn't go to wackjobs on YouTube for my knowledge so who knows? :lol:

You know I really don't understand why you feel a need to take pot shots at some of the posters on here like that.

You don't have to agree with them, and they may get their sources from questionable places that you can debunk, but honestly it's ******* pathetic that you felt the need to add that piece in.

It takes all sorts to keep this forum alive - if you want to bully/humiliate or belittle folks, then you wont have a forum.

The YT joke is old and done. Grow up.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:41 am

Booney wrote:I don't have access to this same information for SA, but here is NSW.

Interesting, it would be good to see if that trend remains over the next few weeks. Potentially a small sample size (first two weeks of Dec)?

November when the country was circa 75% vax there wasn't much difference. Curious to see vax rates included in that chart.

p.s. i'm all for this shit being managed and going away!
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion