Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:42 am

The Bedge wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Admittedly I did use existing respected medical knowledge and didn't go to wackjobs on YouTube for my knowledge so who knows? :lol:

You know I really don't understand why you feel a need to take pot shots at some of the posters on here like that.

You don't have to agree with them, and they may get their sources from questionable places that you can debunk, but honestly it's ******* pathetic that you felt the need to add that piece in.

It takes all sorts to keep this forum alive - if you want to bully/humiliate or belittle folks, then you wont have a forum.

The YT joke is old and done. Grow up.

If it's bullshit surely you laugh at it too?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:43 am

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote: and they may get their sources from questionable places that you can debunk,.

Yeah for sure, and if they post crap in here then open season go your hardest at the time IMO - but randomly throwing in unwarranted snide remarks is piss poor.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:51 am

The Bedge wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Admittedly I did use existing respected medical knowledge and didn't go to wackjobs on YouTube for my knowledge so who knows? :lol:

You know I really don't understand why you feel a need to take pot shots at some of the posters on here like that.

You don't have to agree with them, and they may get their sources from questionable places that you can debunk, but honestly it's ******* pathetic that you felt the need to add that piece in.

It takes all sorts to keep this forum alive - if you want to bully/humiliate or belittle folks, then you wont have a forum.

The YT joke is old and done. Grow up.

Sorry Captain Overraction!
Who's got a bad case of the Mondays! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby tipper » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:53 am

The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote: and they may get their sources from questionable places that you can debunk,.

Yeah for sure, and if they post crap in here then open season go your hardest at the time IMO - but randomly throwing in unwarranted snide remarks is piss poor.

personally i had always thought that random, unwarranted snide remarks was what this forum had been built on but whatever.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:55 am

Wedgie wrote:Anyone had a moderna shot?
Just wondering what the reactions (besides being taken over by the government,bigger tits and better 5g) were like as I've had 2 Pfizer previously and have just booked moderna for a booster on Monday.

Daughters arm was a bit red, a small lump the size of a tennis ball on both shots. Lasted 72 hours...

Sons first one dropped him for 24 hours, nothing on the second.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:56 am

Booney wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Anyone had a moderna shot?
Just wondering what the reactions (besides being taken over by the government,bigger tits and better 5g) were like as I've had 2 Pfizer previously and have just booked moderna for a booster on Monday.

Daughters arm was a bit red, a small lump the size of a tennis ball on both shots. Lasted 72 hours...

Sons first one dropped him for 24 hours, nothing on the second.

Thanks for the info mate!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2009 times
Been liked: 3846 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:57 am

tipper wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

personally i had always thought that random, unwarranted snide remarks was what this forum had been built on but whatever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought posting shite from questionable places that you can debunk was what this forum had been built on.

Snide remarks don't bother me. Especially from people who have always displayed a lack of humour. Its expected. (Intentional opportunistic snide remark)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:01 am

tipper wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yep that and hangin shit on the Crows and the Power
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby RB » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:09 am

The Bedge wrote:
RB wrote:I get your point about people thinking they're bulletproof, but the fact is the unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid, so I don't think it's an unreasonable label.

Proof? Or just believe that?

Happy to put forward evidence.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/news/Page ... 08_01.aspx

"Fully vaccinated people have been significantly less likely to become seriously ill or die, and better protected from acquiring COVID-19, during the Delta outbreak in NSW."

https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-a ... -effective

"(Both) the Pfizer (Comirnaty) and AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) vaccines are working and are highly effective in protecting people against severe illness, hospitalisation and death."

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinic ... ths-and-ic

"‘It’s really hard data. It can’t be interpreted in any way other than vaccination means that you’re less likely to die.’

‘The COVID-19 vaccines available in Australia are very effective with evidence showing that people who are fully vaccinated are 70–95% less likely to get sick with COVID-19 compared with those who are not vaccinated.’

Professor Pond says she has seen examples within her own practice where vaccination has shielded a vulnerable person with COVID-19 from dying.

‘Vaccination makes a huge difference,’ she said. ‘It might not stop you getting the virus. But it makes a difference to whether you die or not.’"
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby RB » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:11 am

The Bedge wrote:
RB wrote:unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid.

.. but imagine if there was a medicine/treatment available like cold and flu tablets that people could take at home to dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalization - wouldn't that be worth pursuing?

Absolutely. But the bottom line is that (for the moment at least) you are far more likely to avoid hospitalization/death after catching the virus if you're vaccinated.
RB
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:13 am

daysofourlives wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
RB wrote:unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid.

.. but imagine if there was a medicine/treatment available like cold and flu tablets that people could take at home to dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalization - wouldn't that be worth pursuing?

Or how bout get out in the sun, do some exercise, eat good food, etc to boost your immune system. Im getting sick of of all these public Health officials ramming this message down our throat every single day

"I'm sick of public health officials delivering public health messages during a pandemic."

Who's ramming anything down your throat anyway? I thought you didn't watch the MSM?
RB
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 am

Well played RB, i'll take that.

My next question then would be, when do we give away with the PCR tests, quarantine and other measures? Surely if we reach a certain percentage of vaccinated people - with a reduced risk of hospitilisation also - that we would effectively have herd immunity?

Should we then really have no need to report on it unless you fall into the unvaxxed category or become significantly ill?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:40 am

Raise your bat SA, good knock!
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3533 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby am Bays » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:45 am

For mine three things aren't going away in terms of being encouraged* societal changes in behaviour compared to pre March 13, 2020.

Mask wearing - given this and other forms of respiratory viruses are transmitted by air-borne droplet this is arguably the most effective way of reducing the risk of transmission
Ongoing vaccination booster shots (to be integrated with the annual flu shot in time)
Checking in - probably the least likely to continued but with further outbreaks the first to be implemented

* By encouraged I mean not mandatory but for the betterment of all, these are strongly encouraged so we can live with this on an ongoing basis travel more freely than what we have in the last two year and so we can avoid over-loading the public health system and at the same time avoiding lockdowns.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:Well played RB, i'll take that.

My next question then would be, when do we give away with the PCR tests, quarantine and other measures? Surely if we reach a certain percentage of vaccinated people - with a reduced risk of hospitilisation also - that we would effectively have herd immunity?

Should we then really have no need to report on it unless you fall into the unvaxxed category or become significantly ill?

I wonder what the actual true cost is of all this testing? - If its say $2m per week, surely we would be better putting that $ into our hospital system?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 3479 times

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:13 pm

am Bays wrote:For mine three things aren't going away in terms of being encouraged* societal changes in behaviour compared to pre March 13, 2020.

Mask wearing - given this and other forms of respiratory viruses are transmitted by air-borne droplet this is arguably the most effective way of reducing the risk of transmission
Ongoing vaccination booster shots (to be integrated with the annual flu shot in time)
Checking in - probably the least likely to continued but with further outbreaks the first to be implemented

* By encouraged I mean not mandatory but for the betterment of all, these are strongly encouraged so we can live with this on an ongoing basis travel more freely than what we have in the last two year and so we can avoid over-loading the public health system and at the same time avoiding lockdowns.

Yeah but surely you cant still be expecting people to be walking around in 2028 wearing masks indoors everywhere.

Wait until around 2035 when we find out what the damage from wearing masks for extended periods of time causes people.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby RB » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:22 pm

Not sure exactly, but yes agree with everyone having had the opportunity to be vaccinated, measures like movement restrictions, capacity limits etc. need eventually to make way, particularly if the health system is able to cope in the absence of these measures.

The Bedge wrote:Should we then really have no need to report on it unless you fall into the unvaxxed category or become significantly ill?

I'd imagine that health authorities will continue to release highly detailed stats (as they did before the pandemic anyway), but yes infection numbers are no longer a very important part of the story and you'd hope the media don't sensationalise the routine and inevitable spread of the virus.
RB
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:28 pm

NSW seems instructive on the vacs.

33 people in the ICU, 26 of them unvaccinated. Given only 6.6% are unvaccinated, but they make up 78.8% of the cases in the ICU it would seem that you're 52 times more likely to end up in the ICU if you are unvaccinated.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Dutchy wrote:

I wonder what the actual true cost is of all this testing? - If its say $2m per week, surely we would be better putting that $ into our hospital system?

SA Health Budget expenditure in 2019-20 was $6.3 Billion according to the annual report on tehir website. an Extra $100 million would do stuff all.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

There is if you look for it

BTW, 6th person I know has caught it (and its not the "positive former private schoolboy")

Word this morning is #wrecklessralph will be #poorralph after his parents, the Police and probably civil action get through him
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion