Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:53 pm

RB wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
RB wrote:unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid.

.. but imagine if there was a medicine/treatment available like cold and flu tablets that people could take at home to dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalization - wouldn't that be worth pursuing?

Or how bout get out in the sun, do some exercise, eat good food, etc to boost your immune system. Im getting sick of of all these public Health officials ramming this message down our throat every single day

"I'm sick of public health officials delivering public health messages during a pandemic."

Who's ramming anything down your throat anyway? I thought you didn't watch the MSM?

Sorry your sarcasm meter must be off. Not once have i heard any of them talk about what you can do to boost your natural immunity in 2 whole years of this charade
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:02 pm

Smashed Crab wrote:Just read the information released from the NSW Premier.

78.8% of patients in ICU are unvaccinated. 7.5% of NSW 12yr+, have not had a single vaccine shot.
21.2% of patients in ICU have had at least 1 shot, but 92.5% of NSW 12yr+ are double vaccinated.

Pretty obvious why it's beneficial to get the jab.

Hang on 1 shot is classed as unvaccinated, so is 2 shots for 14 days after your 2nd, im sure they wouldnt be twisting the stats though to suit their agenda
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
RB wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
The Bedge wrote:[quote="RB"]unvaccinated are far more likely to get hospitalized after catching Covid.

.. but imagine if there was a medicine/treatment available like cold and flu tablets that people could take at home to dramatically reduce the chances of hospitalization - wouldn't that be worth pursuing?

Or how bout get out in the sun, do some exercise, eat good food, etc to boost your immune system. Im getting sick of of all these public Health officials ramming this message down our throat every single day

"I'm sick of public health officials delivering public health messages during a pandemic."

Who's ramming anything down your throat anyway? I thought you didn't watch the MSM?

Sorry your sarcasm meter must be off. Not once have i heard any of them talk about what you can do to boost your natural immunity in 2 whole years of this charade[/quote]It's not just the last 2 years, it's been. Happening for ages now. I remember life be in it adds all the time. Encourage people to get of the asses and move and get out side.

You wouldn't hear a government health official now even dare mention to get outside get some sun.

It's like it's taboo or something. Like you can't say go outside for a walk because you'll offend someone.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby RB » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:03 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Smashed Crab wrote:Just read the information released from the NSW Premier.

78.8% of patients in ICU are unvaccinated. 7.5% of NSW 12yr+, have not had a single vaccine shot.
21.2% of patients in ICU have had at least 1 shot, but 92.5% of NSW 12yr+ are double vaccinated.

Pretty obvious why it's beneficial to get the jab.

Hang on 1 shot is classed as unvaccinated, so is 2 shots for 14 days after your 2nd, im sure they wouldnt be twisting the stats though to suit their agenda

However you want to slice and dice it, those numbers lead to only one conclusion.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Vamos » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:21 pm

Had to get tested for a pre-admission surgery today, thankfully they allowed me to go to the front of the queue rather than line up for 8 hours. Not confident of getting the negative result required by Thursday's admission though.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:06 am

It would appear that two vaccines with proven technology may be available early next year

https://www.tga.gov.au/tga-grants-provi ... in-vaccine

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... 20cdc3319f
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby DOC » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:33 am

Vamos wrote:Had to get tested for a pre-admission surgery today, thankfully they allowed me to go to the front of the queue rather than line up for 8 hours. Not confident of getting the negative result required by Thursday's admission though.

Hope all goes well.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby stan » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:28 am

Miss Nicola won't be happy today due to the reduced tests being done with interstate arrivals not needing one on arrival.

Wait times have drop from an average of 6 hours at major sites to 1-2 hours and less.in some cases.

Probably expect the test numbers to drop from that 15k+ to back in the 1000s now.

Can't see her being happy with that, I mean she doesn't have to get re-elected so she won't care much for wait times. She just wants the test numbers.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:55 am

How long do exposure sites remain as sites?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:59 am

Vamos wrote:Had to get tested for a pre-admission surgery today, thankfully they allowed me to go to the front of the queue rather than line up for 8 hours. Not confident of getting the negative result required by Thursday's admission though.

I had a test Friday morning and had the result Friday night.
10 hour turnaround.

Line ups are long but the turnaround for testing results is very good now.
Last edited by amber_fluid on Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:09 am

The Bedge wrote:How long do exposure sites remain as sites?

What do you mean? It seems to be for how long the person exposing was there for? I.e if there's a positive person at the pub between 4 and 6 it's between 4 and 6?

Alternatively, they can reopen after a clean (and the greater difficulty, when they have sufficient staff)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:32 am

jo172 wrote:What do you mean? It seems to be for how long the person exposing was there for? I.e if there's a positive person at the pub between 4 and 6 it's between 4 and 6?

Alternatively, they can reopen after a clean (and the greater difficulty, when they have sufficient staff)

I mean how long do they remain on the exposure sites list on SA Health?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby jo172 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
jo172 wrote:What do you mean? It seems to be for how long the person exposing was there for? I.e if there's a positive person at the pub between 4 and 6 it's between 4 and 6?

I mean how long do they remain on the exposure sites list on SA Health?

If you scroll to the end of the list the oldest ones are 14 days ago (which I suppose makes sense as those people should notionally still be monitoring symptoms etc)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:19 pm

I had a test in Clare yesterday, rang up the medical centre was booked in for half an hour after the call, arrived in their car park right on time, went in five minutes later and was done.

If im in Adelaide I would book in Clare, enjoy the nice 2 hour get your test and be back in side 4.5 hours.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Vamos » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:41 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

I had a test Friday morning and had the result Friday night.
10 hour turnaround.

Line ups are long but the turnaround for testing results is very good now.

Spot on Amber, got the result 7am this morning.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby am Bays » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:23 pm

whufc wrote:I had a test in Clare yesterday, rang up the medical centre was booked in for half an hour after the call, arrived in their car park right on time, went in five minutes later and was done.

If im in Adelaide I would book in Clare, enjoy the nice 2 hour get your test and be back in side 4.5 hours.

Driving back from the Clare Valley??

Reilys, Seven Hill pub, Mitchells, Taylors....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:26 pm

am Bays wrote:
whufc wrote:I had a test in Clare yesterday, rang up the medical centre was booked in for half an hour after the call, arrived in their car park right on time, went in five minutes later and was done.

Driving back from the Clare Valley??

Reilys, Seven Hill pub, Mitchells, Taylors....

Mr Micks
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:37 pm

stan wrote:Miss Nicola won't be happy today due to the reduced tests being done with interstate arrivals not needing one on arrival.

Wait times have drop from an average of 6 hours at major sites to 1-2 hours and less.in some cases.

Probably expect the test numbers to drop from that 15k+ to back in the 1000s now.

Can't see her being happy with that, I mean she doesn't have to get re-elected so she won't care much for wait times. She just wants the test numbers.

Welcome to SA where we are splishing and a splashing flipping and a flopping. :lol:
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:50 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:It would appear that two vaccines with proven technology may be available early next year

https://www.tga.gov.au/tga-grants-provi ... in-vaccine

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavi ... 20cdc3319f

Yup if i have to have a jab the protein based Novavax with less side effects is the best option i reckon its currently going thru phase 3 trial testing of around 40,000 people overseas.

Also there will be another similar one called Covavax.

Aust Government back in January orderd 51 million doses of Novavax.

Anyway this is great article on protein based vaccines if anyone is interested.

https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/pro ... 50.article

Anyway i'm gonna wait to see what this new mild flu is gonna do in the New Year.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:26 pm

You can join the clinical trial for the Vaxine vaccine

https://vaxine.net/clinical-trial-updates/
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times