Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby locky801 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:27 pm

Psyber wrote:
I thought we are taking a bit of a risk with launching the current opening up now rather than waiting until mid-January, and now some more shut downs may happen in the new year. I suspect the decision has been driven by politician concern over elections due in early 2022 at both federal and state level, and the motivation is to avoid hostility over spoiling Christmas for the voters. It may backfire...

You have that right, totally trying to put political careers in front of community safety, certainly ahs backfired, guess the elections will show how much
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:38 pm

locky801 wrote:
Psyber wrote:
I thought we are taking a bit of a risk with launching the current opening up now rather than waiting until mid-January, and now some more shut downs may happen in the new year. I suspect the decision has been driven by politician concern over elections due in early 2022 at both federal and state level, and the motivation is to avoid hostility over spoiling Christmas for the voters. It may backfire...

You have that right, totally trying to put political careers in front of community safety, certainly ahs backfired, guess the elections will show how much
About time we opened up. Hospital cases aren’t rising and the vax is doing its job.
Time to stop wasting resources on stupid tests and isolation and just get on with things
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:58 pm

Jim05 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Psyber wrote:

About time we opened up. Hospital cases aren’t rising and the vax is doing its job.
Time to stop wasting resources on stupid tests and isolation and just get on with things

Spot on Jim!
Life goes on……………
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:02 pm

There is a lag between cases and hospitalisations

see how we are doing in 2 weeks time
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:04 pm

Armchair expert wrote:There is a lag between cases and hospitalisations

NSW are a good yardstick and their hospitalisations aren’t rising.
Omicron appears to be the dominant strain in SA but appears far milder
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:There is a lag between cases and hospitalisations

NSW are a good yardstick and their hospitalisations aren’t rising.
Omicron appears to be the dominant strain in SA but appears far milder

They have 8k in "In Home Hospital"

which would require a lot of resources
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:24 pm

Jim05 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Took ya 2 years but ya got there in the end :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:26 pm

Thoughts are with Wedgie at this tough time.

Can you confirm that the ALH Group are not going to mandate the jab for entry?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Thoughts are with Wedgie at this tough time.

:lol:
Pop in for a beer and see if he throws you out like he said
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby locky801 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:14 pm

Lets move the goalposts again, but we still need to wear masks

From 4.42pm on 24 December 2021:
Casual Contacts are no longer required to undertake a COVID-19 PCR test unless they begin developing any of the symptoms below, even if mild, as soon as symptoms appear:
fever (a temperature of 37.5˚C or higher) or chills
cough
loss of taste or smell
sore throat
tiredness (fatigue)
runny or blocked nose
shortness of breath (difficulty breathing)
nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
headache
muscle or joint pain
loss of appetite
Vaccinated Close Contacts are no longer required to undertake a COVID-19 PCR test on the 13th day after exposure.
Unvaccinated Close Contacts are no longer required to undertake a COVID-19 PCR test on the 6th day after exposure.
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:45 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Thoughts are with Wedgie at this tough time.

Noone is, the option was pushed back to the new year by the government today.
An email we received said they probably would in January or February so no I can't confirm what you said.

It's a weird one as Marshall said the delay was to stop growth of Covid but what's worse for growth, having unvaxxed people in pubs or having fully vaxxed people only and having the option to stand up with full capacity?
Maybe NYE influenced their choice?

Thanks for the kind thoughts though! :D
It's actually been an easy time this week, numbers are down due to Covid.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:49 pm

daysofourlives
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Is that a link to a big tough guy who stole a vacuum cleaner from an old widow and bragged about it?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Vamos » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:05 pm

Jase wrote:So went to a families place for our annual Christmas party with all the kids, 4 families an excellent evening had by all...

Got a message from the hosts this morning advising that their boy had been at OSHC on the Tuesday and one of the workers had covid.

So we are playing the waiting game now to see if anyone gets symptoms...

Merry Christmas everyone...

Largs Bay OSH?
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:15 pm

daysofourlives wrote:https://cmnnews.org/story/letter-from-a-doctor-to-a-health-minister-T7iSvHSp3c1aADxdwCvoD?fbclid=IwAR06K7rdruIoNyHbU828yKU_hEi24BPqUeKQ6O7Y0RsfJmdFg58jOzxvJsE
Plenty of people in the same situation. Can't argue with what he is saying. 41 years in the industry, it's a shame to lose people like that.

My opinion on this is the same. If you want it, then get it. If you don't then don't get it. The responsibility needs to to be on the person and the government doing it for you.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:34 pm

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:https://cmnnews.org/story/letter-from-a-doctor-to-a-health-minister-T7iSvHSp3c1aADxdwCvoD?fbclid=IwAR06K7rdruIoNyHbU828yKU_hEi24BPqUeKQ6O7Y0RsfJmdFg58jOzxvJsE
Plenty of people in the same situation. Can't argue with what he is saying. 41 years in the industry, it's a shame to lose people like that.

My opinion on this is the same. If you want it, then get it. If you don't then don't get it. The responsibility needs to to be on the person and the government doing it for you.

I am happy for those who chose not to get it to forfeit medicare if they do get it, personal responsibility.
Armchair expert
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:42 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
stan wrote:

I am happy for those who chose not to get it to forfeit medicare if they do get it, personal responsibility.

Lol and the same can be said for smokers and alcoholics, hell why stop there, pregnant women too, thats a choice to get pregnant.
Are we going to make them pay for health care too?
Go get ya booster that didnt work the 1st two times, im sure it will work this time, but hey if that fails theres always the 4th and 5th, im sure youre the type of person that will blindly keep lining up for it
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:57 pm

We have had a good two years to get our heads around Coronavirus - Google the right, wrong and crazy information. Two years of understanding the implications.

Opportunity for vaccinations, now for boosters. Learning to live with masks and hygiene methods i.e sanitiser.

Those who have been vaccinated good for you.. those who choose not to, who cares, they understand the risks they’re taking.

Time to get on with life IMO… now I hear that SA is allowing vaccination for 5-12 year olds. Huh? The age bracket that supposedly didn’t carry the virus, or were impacted, or show symptoms etc? The age bracket that don’t require masks being worn or follow other conforms the rest of us do. Why now do they need vaccination when they’re for all intents and purposes “immune”?

I believe the risks and concerns with covid and have from the start.. but I also see the other side to the coin and driven by the inconsistencies over 24 months.. and i genuinely feel like as a country we are becoming very “robotic” or conformed. Like 2yrs and we still live like this despite all we know… read social media and the people going into meltdown over covid updates still it’s crazy!

Can’t remember where I was going with this, few beers in.. think in a nutshell life should be normal. Vaccinations should be optional not feel like you’re bullied into it due to risk of losing other benefits. Using your grandma’s health as an argument is becoming old and stale as well - they’re old, they’re not stupid and they can take measures to mitigate risk as well I’m sure.

Apache is right, too many sheep.. baaaa
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Smashed Crab » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Vamos wrote:
Jase wrote:So went to a families place for our annual Christmas party with all the kids, 4 families an excellent evening had by all...

Got a message from the hosts this morning advising that their boy had been at OSHC on the Tuesday and one of the workers had covid.

So we are playing the waiting game now to see if anyone gets symptoms...

Merry Christmas everyone...

Largs Bay OSH?

I just flew home from Port Lincoln this arvo. Walk in the door, greet the kids and wife. Wife takes a phone call, its the director at kids childcare centre in Port Adelaide. An educator and a kid from Wednesday have tested positive. FML so now kids are classed as close contacts, we have to get a bazillion tests.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:09 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:
stan wrote:

Lol and the same can be said for smokers and alcoholics, hell why stop there, pregnant women too, thats a choice to get pregnant.
Are we going to make them pay for health care too?
Go get ya booster that didnt work the 1st two times, im sure it will work this time, but hey if that fails theres always the 4th and 5th, im sure youre the type of person that will blindly keep lining up for it

And I got a bite, smokers/drunks pay tax each time they purchase, I think I read that smokers are actually $$ positive to the government.

Kids are future tax payers...

I'll follow actual health advice from experts not dodgy AI written websites

These chicks have HIV, do you **** them without a condom?

Or do you trust your "natural immunity"

LOL
Armchair expert
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion