Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby tipper » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Wedgie wrote:I can't see a lockdown ever happening again as that would be political suicide.
Curb stomping everyones new years plans was political suicide, but theyve just done that anyway, so i wouldnt rule out them locking us down again

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:11 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
Jase wrote:Quick question with the new restrictions limited to 10 people, do kids under 12 count in the 10 or are they not counted?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

They count

But who's gonna know.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:12 pm

tipper wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I can't see a lockdown ever happening again as that would be political suicide.
Curb stomping everyones new years plans was political suicide, but theyve just done that anyway, so i wouldnt rule out them locking us down again

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Not everyone's, I'm working NYE and NY day. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:26 pm

Wedgie wrote:I think both sides of the discussion can agree it really is a dog's breakfast.
Life was so much better/easier prior to Nov 23.
Surely this clown gets the boot next March.
Lol at anyone who thinks the other mob would be any better. Have a look at the Labor idiots in VIC, WA and QLD.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby locky801 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:30 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I think both sides of the discussion can agree it really is a dog's breakfast.
Lol at anyone who thinks the other mob would be any better. Have a look at the Labor idiots in VIC, WA and QLD.

dont think thats the issue here it wont be solely because of this he should be booted
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Agree Jim, both sides have stuffed it up.
I'd say we were doing a sound job until the rules were wavering about 80% - 85% - 90%.
Once they started making it up on the run (moreso than previously) the faith has disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:43 pm

locky801 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

dont think thats the issue here it wont be solely because of this he should be booted
What else has he done wrong?
Economically we are one of the best states going forward, our infrastructure projects have progressed us and other states no longer look at us like a backwater. We are now considered the space and tech capital of Australia and have some really exciting projects in the pipeline.
Yes Health is still stuffed but bit rich of Labor to pot him for it when they are the ones who absolutely stuffed it in this state. Has he been perfect, absolutely not. I do however thinks he deserves more than one term and handing the keys back to the mob that crippled health here
Jim05
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Go get vaxxed they said, we will open up when you do they said :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:Go get vaxxed they said, we will open up when you do they said :roll:

It's not because they're scared of the disease, it's because they need to manage the amount of people being admitted, they can't let admissions get out of hand
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:Go get vaxxed they said, we will open up when you do they said :roll:
Every state in Australia has similar or worse restrictions to us no matter what party they represent. I don’t think any have done a really good job but it hurts when the Feds have been so spineless and won’t take the reigns
Jim05
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Jim05 wrote:
locky801 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

What else has he done wrong?

Barrack for Norwood and Port! ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby RB » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:

WA seem to be doing alright.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:46 pm

RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Delaying the inevitable. They have to open eventually. Their health system is the worst in the country and their tourism industry is totally shot. If it wasn’t for mining WA would be in a very bad way
Jim05
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RB wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Delaying the inevitable. They have to open eventually. Their health system is the worst in the country and their tourism industry is totally shot. If it wasn’t for mining WA would be in a very bad way

Spot on the money. Anyone with any sense can see why WA is handling the situation like they are. McGowan is absolutely shitting bricks about how their health system will cope and if mining stalls then the State is shot. At some stage they have to rip the bandaid off and it’s going to smash them between the eyes. By then each other State will have at least dealt with the initial challenges the virus brings…
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:39 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Every state in Australia has similar or worse restrictions to us no matter what party they represent. I don’t think any have done a really good job but it hurts when the Feds have been so spineless and won’t take the reigns

Feds dont have the power to take the reigns, thats the issue.

Have the eastern states now got the same restrictions we have as at midnight tonight?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Feds dont have the power to take the reigns, thats the issue.

Have the eastern states now got the same restrictions we have as at midnight tonight?
In NSW currently and masks required all indoor places including workplaces. QR codes mandatory and from tonight density limits in hospitality returning for 1 month. Recommend all WFH if able
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:20 pm

There is a planned worldwide lockdown coming in January, what will follow will be blackouts everywhere, were absolutely stuffed basically, stock up on canned food. Youll be longing for the simple days of Covid19.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Wedgie » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Just found out from head office we're not even going to bother opening the front bar tomorrow. Makes sense as after paying me almost $60 per hour they'd make nothing with the new restrictions. Thanks Mr Marshall, you owe me almost $400 and that's not to mention the money I'll probably spend at another pub tomorrow!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby am Bays » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:There is a planned worldwide lockdown coming in January, what will follow will be blackouts everywhere, were absolutely stuffed basically, stock up on canned food. Youll be longing for the simple days of Covid19.

“You’d take pound of yeast and some copper line, everyone knew how to make moonshine….”
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:00 pm

am Bays wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:There is a planned worldwide lockdown coming in January, what will follow will be blackouts everywhere, were absolutely stuffed basically, stock up on canned food. Youll be longing for the simple days of Covid19.

“You’d take pound of yeast and some copper line, everyone knew how to make moonshine….”

I bet Bhutan, the Cook Islands, Kiribati and Tuvalu don’t go into lockdown…
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion