Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:36 pm

Brad Agnew has retired
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Wedgie » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:16 pm

Tanner Smith, a premiership player for North has retired after struggling to mix SANFL with work and life.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 pm

A few late retirements.

Rated Smith as a player. I think he will be a big loss.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:13 am

Kris Grant has officially retired as well, as of last Friday the 17th of December,
The KEG can now sit back, put up his feet, have a few frothies and lay some bets.
Happy retirement!
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:34 am

Dutchy wrote:Brad Agnew has retired

A warrior of the GFC, My greatest memory of Ags is not of the premiership hero but the bloke from 2012-2017 who would often play down back on taller opponents and shut them out of the game with his reading of the play ability to stay in the contest and then run off them.

It was only when our midfield turned to sh!t and the ball started to come down ad nauseum that he'd be up against it and his opponent had a chance.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby mal » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Every SANFL club would like a player that had a career like Brad Agnew
Some of my Glenelg mates have a high opinion of Brad
From what I saw of him, he was a courageous player , the type needed when the club went top in 2019

Ambays post on Brad is a very good insight on how his career went
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Signed at Echunga
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby DOC » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:37 am

topshelf wrote:
DOC wrote:Chris Curran and Marlon Motlop both leave Glenelg.

Brad Agnew also an out for us.

That was from October 4. Why so long for the confirmation I wonder?
DOC
Coach

Postby DOC » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:55 am

Just reviewed the ins and outs. South lead the way with 18 out who played league last year. Several others with previous league experience also gone.

On the surface of it, the Eagles have the least ins with 3. There will be more but I would guess they are well placed with good junior development.

West appear to have a like for like in/out movement. Similar for Centrals.

Norwoods outs would be a concern but they appear to have recruited to well. Similar for Sturt.

Glenelg and North have lost more than they have recruited so will be looking to their developing juniors.

Port and Adelaide have lost a few but have used about 2 million dollars each to replace them. Only slightly higher than the other 8 clubs combined salary cap. We are lucky to have them.
DOC
Coach

Postby Reddeer » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:12 am

DOC wrote:Just reviewed the ins and outs. South lead the way with 18 out who played league last year. Several others with previous league experience also gone.

On the surface of it, the Eagles have the least ins with 3. There will be more but I would guess they are well placed with good junior development.

Norwoods outs would be a concern but they appear to have recruited to well. Similar for Sturt.

Glenelg and North have lost more than they have recruited so will be looking to their developing juniors.

Port and Adelaide have lost a few but have used about 2 million dollars each to replace them. Only slightly higher than the other 8 clubs combined salary cap. We are lucky to have them.

Oh Yeah Tell me again about the level playing field
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:32 pm

DOC wrote:
topshelf wrote:
DOC wrote:Chris Curran and Marlon Motlop both leave Glenelg.

Brad Agnew also an out for us.

That was from October 4. Why so long for the confirmation I wonder?

Agsy’s way anyone notice his 11 tackles in the 2019 GF??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:12 pm

Really rate this lad, decent loss for the Bays
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby TDJ44 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:29 pm

DOC wrote:Just reviewed the ins and outs. South lead the way with 18 out who played league last year. Several others with previous league experience also gone.

Westies recruited double than Centrals.
What do you really think of Dogs recruiting DOC.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:38 pm

TDJ44 wrote:

From what I've heard, we've recruited 4 walk-up, KEY POSITION A grade players & we've lost only 1, Leek Aleer.
This makes our league side better than last year.
Sure we've lost players but MOST weren't going to go on & play regular league footy,
we'll probably lose a lot of reserves matches next year but so what, they're not there to win a flag.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby am Bays » Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:47 pm

JK wrote:

Really rate this lad, decent loss for the Bays

Agsy himself wound admit he’s done. Gave everything to club

Good on him taking a step down getting easy $$$ by playing less demanding community footy, especially when it comes to training and the lack of depth in every team.
am Bays
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:17 pm

TDJ44 wrote:

Well, like I said, I think you have recruited like for like. Yes the number of recruits is low. West have recruited a lot more.

Centrals have been shunned by potential recruits. Not a guess. I know that first hand. Centrals recruited two blokes that SOUTH rejected who played together in 9 premierships. I guess I am saying time will tell.

It matters not one iota numbers of recruits, At the end of the day, overall quality wins out.

A point to remember. If we only judge on recruits, what emphasis on player development (coaching) do we place on clubs?

For me, Centrals fans were treated to the greatest decade of football dominance any of us have seen. A touch of patience would help.
DOC
Coach

Postby northerner » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:29 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:

From what I've heard, we've recruited 4 walk-up, KEY POSITION A grade players & we've lost only 1, Leek Aleer.
This makes our league side better than last year.
Sure we've lost players but MOST weren't going to go on & play regular league footy,
we'll probably lose a lot of reserves matches next year but so what, they're not there to win a flag.

I would loved to have seen a couple more names announced and think we definitely need a genuine ruckman.
(I know how hard the Club has tried).
I think the saving grace for us is that we haven't lost any of our top 7 or 8 players from 2021 and no other Club can boast that.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby southernbulldog » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:13 am

Absolutely we need a genuine ruckman unfortunately we havent been able to snare one ,going to be very hard to be competitive at the centre bounces & around the ground without one .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby UK Fan » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:31 pm

Groundhog Day for Centrals fans this off-season

It looked so promising early on but we are going to be 2-4 quality players short again this season.

Finals looks a long way off.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby whufc » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:46 pm

UK Fan wrote:Groundhog Day for Centrals fans this off-season

It looked so promising early on but we are going to be 2-4 quality players short again this season.

Finals looks a long way off.

Agree

Best case scenario is Neitschke is the gun his potential has shown and the NSW guys are actual decent footballers, we get a bit of natural improvement and we are in the finals discussion all year.

Worst case Neitschke barely gets on the park, the NSW guys are fringe SANFL footballers at best and the likes of Hoskin, J.Schiller and Habel are another year older and slower. We start the season bad and finish bottom two.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL