Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Wedgie » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:Just found out from head office we're not even going to bother opening the front bar tomorrow. Makes sense as after paying me almost $60 per hour they'd make nothing with the new restrictions. Thanks Mr Marshall, you owe me almost $400 and that's not to mention the money I'll probably spend at another pub tomorrow!

Boss re-read the email and it sounds like we will be closing the front bar down for at least a week.
Luckily I work there just to fill in some time and make some pocket money but others would be relying on every cent they make to pay rent, etc.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:20 pm

am Bays wrote:
am Bays wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:There is a planned worldwide lockdown coming in January, what will follow will be blackouts everywhere, were absolutely stuffed basically, stock up on canned food. Youll be longing for the simple days of Covid19.

“You’d take pound of yeast and some copper line, everyone knew how to make moonshine….”

I bet Bhutan, the Cook Islands, Kiribati and Tuvalu don’t go into lockdown…

Id bet all 3rd world countries have never been in lockdown, its very hard to drum the programming into people who dont see, hear or read the fake news
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby heater31 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:32 pm

daysofourlives wrote:There is a planned worldwide lockdown coming in January, what will follow will be blackouts everywhere, were absolutely stuffed basically, stock up on canned food. Youll be longing for the simple days of Covid19.
Just like Travis Head was signed sealed and almost delivered to be playing Western Australia??????
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:33 pm

:lol: Who is announcing this lockdown? Borat?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby stan » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:33 pm

I feel we are being conditioned for a lockdown as you said. It just has that feeling about it.

It was said on here that they'll give us Christmas but not new years and that has turned out to be on the money.

I also said earlier on when they were about to open up it wasn't going to go how they thought it would. And here we are, a state government back in panic mode because it hasn't gone how they thought it would.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dutchy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:20 pm

Whats the point of a lockdown now? There is no possible way they could "sell" that to us.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Groover » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:07 pm

stan wrote:
I feel we are being conditioned for a lockdown as you said. It just has that feeling about it.

It was said on here that they'll give us Christmas but not new years and that has turned out to be on the money.

I also said earlier on when they were about to open up it wasn't going to go how they thought it would. And here we are, a state government back in panic mode because it hasn't gone how they thought it would.

We arent in lockdown over New Years, there’s just restrictions in place. Hardly a doomsday prophecy coming true yet.
Worldwide lockdown wouldn’t happen unless we all start dropping like flies due to a new variant….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby stan » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:18 pm

Groover wrote:
stan wrote:

We arent in lockdown over New Years, there’s just restrictions in place. Hardly a doomsday prophecy coming true yet.
Worldwide lockdown wouldn’t happen unless we all start dropping like flies due to a new variant….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't say we were in one I said feels like we are being conditioned for one.

Not saying Daisy and his world ending prophecy is correct, just that I can see us getting a lockdown.

End of the day we have 3196 active cases and 17 people in hospital. That 17 people is probably enough to stretch our health system at the moment.
stan
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:24 pm

So now they have given up on contact tracing for positive cases no more exposure lists

QR code check-in system has obviously been a complete fail
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby am Bays » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:31 am

It works perfectly well when used

However as we saw on here in the last fortnight people openly admitting there not using it as they didn’t want to risk the consequences of being a clii or de contact.

Like all system they more often than not fail because of human factors.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:33 am

Armchair expert wrote:So now they have given up on contact tracing for positive cases no more exposure lists

I don't know anyone that's checking in anymore.

I'm off to Robe on Thursday with a bunch of friends for our annual pilgrimage, there's no way any of us are going to risk missing out. We'll just modify our plans when we're there, we certainly won't be hanging out in any pubs, sounds like we'll just spend most days on the beach, drinking & topping up on Vitamin D, a natural Covid killer.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby stan » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:08 am

Armchair expert wrote:So now they have given up on contact tracing for positive cases no more exposure lists

QR check in system wasn't the problem, the problem was If you were in the wrong place at the wrong time you would get a 7 day isolation even if you had a negative test, but you can't get a test without burning 4 or 5 hours. Then test results are taking 2 days to come back now.

If the close contact requirements were more about actual close contacts rather than casting a wide net then I reckon it would have worked better.

The problem is SAhealth want to treat this as we are still closed off and dont have Covid, that approach won't work, they need a different approach but they are willing to look at it.

As I said the opening was never going to go the way they expected. Our hospitals here in SA are shit even on a good day. SAHeath with a bit of pressure would fold like a deck of cards.

And here we are.

There are solutions though, we need to start now getting our hospital system up to scratch which should have been. Happening for the last 18months. Alot of this will come down to resources.

Keep the QR system but make the close contacts and casual contacts requirements more realistic.

The main problem with the health system is that whilst the Libs are trying to undo what Labor were doing, the issue is that Labor knew that they didn't have the $$$ to keep everyone as is and get the main hospitals to a higher standard. Yes transforming health was a disaster similar to a Redbacks batting collapse, but Unfortunately they understood the issues at hand, they just completely ****** it up of course.

The Libs have tried to please everyone, keep every service possible and maintain a reasonable budget and that would never work. The getting the razor gang of Kordamentha in was only going to shot the system further.

End of the day, everything is ******.

And that brings us here.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:11 am

I'll just add my apologies for the rant.
stan
Coach

Postby Vamos » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:32 am

gazzamagoo wrote:

I'm off to Robe on Thursday with a bunch of friends for our annual pilgrimage, there's no way any of us are going to risk missing out. We'll just modify our plans when we're there, we certainly won't be hanging out in any pubs, sounds like we'll just spend most days on the beach, drinking & topping up on Vitamin D, a natural Covid killer.

Don't forget a swill of disinfectant Donald :lol:
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 342 times
Been liked: 450 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:37 am

stan wrote:

QR check in system wasn't the problem, the problem was If you were in the wrong place at the wrong time you would get a 7 day isolation even if you had a negative test, but you can't get a test without burning 4 or 5 hours. Then test results are taking 2 days to come back now.

If the close contact requirements were more about actual close contacts rather than casting a wide net then I reckon it would have worked better.

The problem is SAhealth want to treat this as we are still closed off and dont have Covid, that approach won't work, they need a different approach but they are willing to look at it.

As I said the opening was never going to go the way they expected. Our hospitals here in SA are shit even on a good day. SAHeath with a bit of pressure would fold like a deck of cards.

And here we are.

There are solutions though, we need to start now getting our hospital system up to scratch which should have been. Happening for the last 18months. Alot of this will come down to resources.

Keep the QR system but make the close contacts and casual contacts requirements more realistic.

The main problem with the health system is that whilst the Libs are trying to undo what Labor were doing, the issue is that Labor knew that they didn't have the $$$ to keep everyone as is and get the main hospitals to a higher standard. Yes transforming health was a disaster similar to a Redbacks batting collapse, but Unfortunately they understood the issues at hand, they just completely ****** it up of course.

The Libs have tried to please everyone, keep every service possible and maintain a reasonable budget and that would never work. The getting the razor gang of Kordamentha in was only going to shot the system further.

End of the day, everything is ******.

And that brings us here.

Exactly, the QR system per se isnt the problem but there are issues with it.
Also their complete disregard for the RAT until now is a another failure that is on the government.

From day one i have never understood why you dont need to check out. IMO it was so they could quarantine as many people as possible.
If masks work why does it matter in terms of isolation if you were in the same place as a positive case?? Especially the time frames they put up, is it 4 hours??

Their overreach on Doctors is another thing that is completely illegal. Governments are not to tell doctors who and who cant get a medical exemption for the vaccine, much like police are supposed to be independent of government. Clearly not the case in SA or anywhere in Australia.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:39 am

flu.jpg
flu.jpg (55.59 KiB) Viewed 725 times

Imagine the melt down from the bedwetters if this was the headline tomorrow on covid.
We'd be in stage 8 restrictions lol
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:41 am

Vamos wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:

Don't forget a swill of disinfectant Donald :lol:

I think the Robe Brewery can provide :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:19 am

daysofourlives wrote:
flu.jpg

Imagine the melt down from the bedwetters if this was the headline tomorrow on covid.
We'd be in stage 8 restrictions lol

We’re heading for 20,000 cases in a month, however there are also far less resources when it comes in the health system and the Flu. In saying all that the Flu will now also come in to play given international borders have opened back up far more and new strains from overseas will start to come back in to the country.

Personally, even from the start I just don’t get the SA Government opening back up the borders prior to January 1. It would literally be another 6 weeks and in the long term scheme a minor inconvenience. Im not overly worried about Covid and how it affects me or my wife, however I have a slight concern about how it could affect my 6 week old daughter (my wife was double vaxxed during pregnancy do she will have at least some protection). I’m mostly concerned on the absolute hysteria it creates in the public from media sources who continuously twist questions and words to get a story.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:28 am

How many pubs are closed around the place today and tomorrow?
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:44 am

This ones for Jim05 and anyone else who works at an airport.

Do you realise the airport is federal land and as there is no federal mandates the mandates do not apply on federal land.
I personally know someone who has been able to fly, unmasked, unvaxed using this approach.
daysofourlives
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion