PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

PDCA

Postby Jim05 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
GarrytheGOAT wrote:Dublin cruising 20 minutes before the tea break at 2/89..... At the tea break 8/96

Virginia decided to bat again and try and get a quick point, while handing Dublin 2 points :?

1 over left in the day dublin decide to bat again and try and hit the 150 they needed to win :roll:

Probably the dumbest thing i have ever seen in a game of cricket, the sharks dont seem to be making too many friends, the players only seem to be playing there because of the $$$

Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird, who done all the damage for Virginia?

Just a side note to take back to your clubs, I usually take my Sunday morning dump around 8:30, I like to multi task and check through the scores during this time, I start at Grade 1 and work my way down checking out all grades except for LO1, so can we get the individual results in by then please?

I then flick over to the Barossa, they seem to keep me occupied for longer.
Live scoring is mandatory in the BLCA for all grades. Some clubs do still download the data at the end of the day particularly if internet is poor so most results should be available ASAP
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:19 pm

Adam Moss out for 88 with the score on 109.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Adam Moss out for 88 with the score on 109.

39 run partnership with Lowie who scored a duck.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
GarrytheGOAT wrote:Dublin cruising 20 minutes before the tea break at 2/89..... At the tea break 8/96

Virginia decided to bat again and try and get a quick point, while handing Dublin 2 points :?

1 over left in the day dublin decide to bat again and try and hit the 150 they needed to win :roll:

Probably the dumbest thing i have ever seen in a game of cricket, the sharks dont seem to be making too many friends, the players only seem to be playing there because of the $$$

Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird, who done all the damage for Virginia?

Just a side note to take back to your clubs, I usually take my Sunday morning dump around 8:30, I like to multi task and check through the scores during this time, I start at Grade 1 and work my way down checking out all grades except for LO1, so can we get the individual results in by then please?

I then flick over to the Barossa, they seem to keep me occupied for longer.

I was doing the Units up until this season, Id get em up Sat night (no life obz) or dawn Sunday morning so us cricket stat nerds had something to squat on.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:51 pm

Eggy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eggy wrote:
Yep. Even when the bloke is as bad as he is. PDCA seems to make exceptions for some teams but not others..! It’s easily the worst competition in regard to players behaviour I have ever seen or played in!

Mate, I wouldn't think Smithfield would get cut any favours or leniency, I would think that if an investigation was submitted in time the club would be hearing about it in one way or another, I can't say that the PDCA Exec would intentionally just ignore your investigation.

And yeah, it has been a bit rough around the edges at times but as a whole I ran into a very little amount of issues over the years, if all clubs appoint good captains then things generally work themselves out, there's always a hot head that needs to be chilled out, it is the northern suburbs after all.

Old Craigmore proving this point again yesterday. Fielding on the boundary and the ball goes over their head and they call it four...ground fielding behind the cones and saving they saved it and best of all the personal sledging from about the 3rd over...! In saying that most of them were decent just a couple that stuffed it for them
Like Akram Wilson Jackson and hobby
Sounds a bit like a winge from someone who just lost a 1 run thriller tbh.. put more cones out if your worried about fielder honesty.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:53 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:I was doing the Units up until this season, Id get em up Sat night (no life obz) or dawn Sunday morning so us cricket stat nerds had something to squat on.

We'd just get a kid to them on Saturday night, it was a bit of a novelty for them.

My kids were doing the scoring for seniors from about 6 years old, when they got dismissed or retired playing 12's and 14's they'd often ask if they can do the scoring.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:53 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
Eggy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eggy wrote:
Yep. Even when the bloke is as bad as he is. PDCA seems to make exceptions for some teams but not others..! It’s easily the worst competition in regard to players behaviour I have ever seen or played in!

Mate, I wouldn't think Smithfield would get cut any favours or leniency, I would think that if an investigation was submitted in time the club would be hearing about it in one way or another, I can't say that the PDCA Exec would intentionally just ignore your investigation.

And yeah, it has been a bit rough around the edges at times but as a whole I ran into a very little amount of issues over the years, if all clubs appoint good captains then things generally work themselves out, there's always a hot head that needs to be chilled out, it is the northern suburbs after all.

Old Craigmore proving this point again yesterday. Fielding on the boundary and the ball goes over their head and they call it four...ground fielding behind the cones and saving they saved it and best of all the personal sledging from about the 3rd over...! In saying that most of them were decent just a couple that stuffed it for them
Sounds a bit like a winge from someone who just lost a 1 run thriller tbh.. put more cones out if your worried about fielder honesty.

Don't do that against Smithfield. ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:I was doing the Units up until this season, Id get em up Sat night (no life obz) or dawn Sunday morning so us cricket stat nerds had something to squat on.

We'd just get a kid to them on Saturday night, it was a bit of a novelty for them.

My kids were doing the scoring for seniors from about 6 years old, when they got dismissed or retired playing 12's and 14's they'd often ask if they can do the scoring.

Its a good fun maths lesson.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Eggy » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:15 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
Eggy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eggy wrote:

Yeah a bit of a whinge but I think as we’ve only been in the competition for a short time we are only just starting to see how things work and honesty just isn’t reciprocated and sometimes the team that deserves to win doesn’t....sure we made a few little errors but it wasn’t from being dishonest and playing outside the rules! I don’t think we as a club will ever stoop to those levels.
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:28 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:
Eggy wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eggy wrote:

To his defence the players he mentioned love a yap.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Does PDCA have a policy around COVID and if a player/team/club happens to record a positive case?

If a side was heavily affected by a case, say a small two team club like Two Wells or Dublin, what would be the outcome i.e. draw, forfeit, re-schedule?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Trader » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:Does PDCA have a policy around COVID and if a player/team/club happens to record a positive case?

If a side was heavily affected by a case, say a small two team club like Two Wells or Dublin, what would be the outcome i.e. draw, forfeit, re-schedule?

SACA sent out a recommended policy to all associations.

Basically says once a club has more than 3 players missing then the game is a draw.

Associations are then tweaking it to suit their comps. IE: Things like if it happens in a two day game, clubs with multiple sides needing to drag players up and abandon the lowest team first, etc.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:59 pm

Cheers big ears!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Trader wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Does PDCA have a policy around COVID and if a player/team/club happens to record a positive case?

Basically says once a club has more than 3 players missing then the game is a draw.

Associations are then tweaking it to suit their comps. IE: Things like if it happens in a two day game, clubs with multiple sides needing to drag players up and abandon the lowest team first, etc.

Is that 3 missing with COVID or in ISO?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Trader » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

Cant remember the exact wording of the document I saw, but I think it was along the lines of 'under a direction by SA Health in response to Covid 19'.

I think the intent was anyone who can't play as a result of being sent for testing, in isolation, etc, as well as those quarantining because they are positive.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Eggy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:46 pm

Trader wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:

Cant remember the exact wording of the document I saw, but I think it was along the lines of 'under a direction by SA Health in response to Covid 19'.

I think the intent was anyone who can't play as a result of being sent for testing, in isolation, etc, as well as those quarantining because they are positive.

Is it no jab no play yet ?
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:43 am

Some weird results on the weekend.

Angle Vale would've been tickled shitless getting Westies all out for 139, to be 5/16 in return wouldn't have been on the cards.

Shaun Lay single-handedly gave Virginia a fighting chance with 104 of their 162, Eastern Park 2/33 at stumps with a nightwatchman out.

Units vs Dublin about what was expected.

North Pines vs Smithfield seen about 26 wickets fall for the day, Smitty all out for 123, Pines 83 and Smitty are about 6/100 or something like that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:25 pm

Shaun lay dropped second ball of the day in the slips so could have been a really low score

Also 9/110 when their number 11 was run out, a good 2m out of his crease and their square leg umpire called it not out lol obviously game got heated after that but least this week it should be a decent contest! He was so far out of his crease the central umpire even said he was out but unfortunately couldn’t over turn it.. True colours really come through for Virginia on the weekend!

Looking forward to Saturday though, should be a cracker!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:02 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Shaun lay dropped second ball of the day in the slips so could have been a really low score

Also 9/110 when their number 11 was run out, a good 2m out of his crease and their square leg umpire called it not out lol obviously game got heated after that but least this week it should be a decent contest! He was so far out of his crease the central umpire even said he was out but unfortunately couldn’t over turn it.. True colours really come through for Virginia on the weekend!

Looking forward to Saturday though, should be a cracker!

You guys should run that down.

Is that my ole mate from the Gardens playing for you guys now, Lynchy?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:04 am

Daughter bowled someone on her hat-trick ball the other night but the umpire gave it not out as he said it took the bail too long to dislodge.

Needless to say she was livid, she usually bowls spin but was zipping them through the other night.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps