The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:33 am

[quote="stan"]Jesus Christ is Steve Marshall all there?

We have small business owners on the brink, pubs and clubs shutting as it's just not viable or them to be open again, some not looking to open up at all and now old mate Steve bangs on about Holiday destinations, opening up resiviours and getting ready for a party in 15 years.

Yesterday Marshall made comment "I will wait on advice from Scott Morrison" wow just wow!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 487 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby stan » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:18 pm

Your mate Steve is at his best confusing everyone again.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Dinglinga75 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:30 am

Sportsbet
Next SA Government

Lib :- 1.65
ALP:- 2.15
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 64 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:38 am

Dinglinga75 wrote:Sportsbet
Next SA Government

Price hasn't moved for a few months

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11782 times
Been liked: 3577 times

Postby mickey » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:39 am

Next SA Government

Neds are paying 2.25 for an ALP victory
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 308 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby RB » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:31 pm

If I were a betting man I'd be interested in the odds on a hung parliament.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:44 pm

RB wrote:If I were a betting man I'd be interested in the odds on a hung parliament.

I have been a member of the Liberal Party for over 30 years, though I don't always vote strictly to the party line.
My purpose there is to help tone down and limit the ultra-conservatives, and I used to have some interesting chats with Cory Bernardi, who was always very civil about our discussions. I like the guy - just not most of his ideology.

I can foresee myself voting Independent in both the SA state election and the federal one this year.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:14 pm

Psyber wrote:
RB wrote:If I were a betting man I'd be interested in the odds on a hung parliament.

I have been a member of the Liberal Party for over 30 years, though I don't always vote strictly to the party line.
My purpose there is to help tone down and limit the ultra-conservatives, and I used to have some interesting chats with Cory Bernardi, who was always very civil about our discussions. I like the guy - just not most of his ideology.

I can foresee myself voting Independent in both the SA state election and the federal one this year.

I've voted independant in Sturt in Federal elections since 1993
Last election I was living in the seat of Warringah and voted independant again.
I'll be in Warringah for the forcoming election and wont be voting independant this time.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:17 pm

mickey wrote:
Next SA Government

I reckon that's good value, but a hung parliament would have to be favourite wouldn't it?
stan
Coach

Postby mickey » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:12 am

stan wrote:
mickey wrote:
Next SA Government

I reckon that's good value, but a hung parliament would have to be favourite wouldn't it?
Greens werent an option when i 1st looked, no hung parliament option either. Image

mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 308 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby cracka » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:37 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Last election I was living in the seat of Warringah and voted independant again.
I'll be in Warringah for the forcoming election and wont be voting independant this time.

The only time I've voted one of the major parties was Kevin07. Always voted Australian Democrats until they ceased then went independents. Unfortunately I live in secure Liberal seats both federally & locally. Lucky Rebecca came along.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:13 am

cracka wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Psyber wrote:

The only time I've voted one of the major parties was Kevin07. Always voted Australian Democrats until they ceased then went independents. Unfortunately I live in secure Liberal seats both federally & locally. Lucky Rebecca came along.

Good onya.
Difficult to find people to own up to that these days
The most amusing thing is him teaming up with Turnbull, to whinge about anything & everything, after Turnbull shafted him in the UN job
It just shows: birds of a feather...........

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:40 am

cracka wrote:The only time I've voted one of the major parties was Kevin07. Always voted Australian Democrats until they ceased then went independents. Unfortunately I live in secure Liberal seats both federally & locally. Lucky Rebecca came along.

I voted for Gough Whitlam twice in my early years then in 1975 gave out Liberal cards in Hindmarsh. I did vote for the Democrats in the early days before their later too left turn. Prior to Whitlam I tended to choose independent candidates. Kevin 07 turned me off the ALP and Tony Abbot pushed me away from the Libs.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:54 pm

Psyber wrote:
cracka wrote:The only time I've voted one of the major parties was Kevin07. Always voted Australian Democrats until they ceased then went independents. Unfortunately I live in secure Liberal seats both federally & locally. Lucky Rebecca came along.

I voted for Gough Whitlam twice in my early years then in 1975 gave out Liberal cards in Hindmarsh. I did vote for the Democrats in the early days before their later too left turn. Prior to Whitlam I tended to choose independent candidates. Kevin 07 turned me off the ALP and Tony Abbot pushed me away from the Libs.

I'm a sh!t judge when it comes to pollies. I honestly thought Kevin would be good with Julia by his side. When Bill Shorten was fronting the media at the Beaconsfield Mine collapse I thought he would make a good politician. Then I thought Malcolm Turnbull would be good because he is a left leaning Liberal. :shock:
Currently I'm impressed with Malanauskas when he called out the couple trying to blackmail him. We'll see how he pans out I suppose.
Don't mind Albanese either ATM
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 457 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:22 pm

cracka wrote:
Psyber wrote:

I'm a sh!t judge when it comes to pollies. I honestly thought Kevin would be good with Julia by his side. When Bill Shorten was fronting the media at the Beaconsfield Mine collapse I thought he would make a good politician. Then I thought Malcolm Turnbull would be good because he is a left leaning Liberal. :shock:
Currently I'm impressed with Malanauskas when he called out the couple trying to blackmail him. We'll see how he pans out I suppose.

Unfortunately, its a bit hard to find a good apple in several big bags of $hit ones. It's been like that for ages
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
cracka wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Unfortunately, its a bit hard to find a good apple in several big bags of $hit ones. It's been like that for ages
Absolutely agree with you there. They are shit Allround on both sides.

Honestly it's just garbage everywhere at the moment.

Seriously the LNP need to get Howard out of retirement and the ALP need to get someone like Bob Hawke that genuinely loves the country to lead them.

At least these blokes could get shit sorted out.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:17 am

The liberal party at the moment are in a tricky spot. They are in election mode for March and are looking to attack Labor at any chance but they also need to focus on the job at hand.

At the moment if Pete malanLoukousususus says anything which he will being the opposition leader and it's election time, the Libs jump.on it as undermining the current pandemic response.

You should see the current behaviour of the SAliberal Media twitter feed. Basically SA is coming apart and it's Labor's fault lol.

Labor were in power for what 16 years? And the Lins are back in and to be honest they may have ****** it up enough that they'll be a one term government.

March 2022 in SA could possibly see a change in government and seeing how useless Pete malanLoukousususus and is cronies are that is saying something.
stan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:31 pm

Struggled to think were to put this, celebrity casualties, things that make you sad but given his profession here is best, IMO

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-18/tributes-after-political-commentator-dean-jaensch-dies-aged-85/100764566

You dont remeber all your Lecturers and teachers i along your educational journey by Flinders University Student 903475M certainly rembers Dean Jaensch

Three weeks into my first year of unit I walk into a packed Flinders Uni Lecture Theatre 3 at 10:00 am on a Tuesday for a lecture on teh Australian Electoral system and Dean Jaensch opens with,

"I'd like to thank the Prime Minister for acquiescing to my request and calling an election for this Saturday to support these lectures...." or words tot hat effect.

Long before there was Antony Green there was Dean Jaensch providing election night commentary on the ABC for n national, SA and NT elections. I also well recall his word picture on Sa Election night 1993, Draw a line up Port Road and up main North Rd to Munno Para, then draw line over to the Gulf, and colour it in red, that Is Labor following this election.

Insightful witty and unbiased in his weekly spot on the ABC too in the 80s and 90s.

His ability to cut through the technical spin on politics made for good reading

Along with Withers, Sanderson, Dixon, Orbach Walmersley, and Griffiths one of the great characters of the Flinders Unit back in the day along with McHugh the printer....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby Kahuna » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:05 pm

am Bays wrote:Struggled to think were to put this, celebrity casualties, things that make you sad but given his profession here is best, IMO

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-18/tributes-after-political-commentator-dean-jaensch-dies-aged-85/100764566

Long before there was Antony Green there was Dean Jaensch providing election night commentary on the ABC for n national, SA and NT elections. I also well recall his word picture on Sa Election night 1993, Draw a line up Port Road and up main North Rd to Munno Para, then draw line over to the Gulf, and colour it in red, that Is Labor following this election.

Insightful witty and unbiased in his weekly spot on the ABC too in the 80s and 90s.

His ability to cut through the technical spin on politics made for good reading

Didn't realise he was so old, time gets away from us I suppose.
Agree with your summation, he made Election nights interesting and understandable too.
Vale Dean Jaensch.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:43 am

Labor now into $2 sportsbet

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11782 times
Been liked: 3577 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics