Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:28 pm

it gives me the shits when the Christmas lights never fit back in the box again properly
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:40 am

Thanks for the lack of support fella's, there's nothing more comforting in knowing that when I'm down I can always rely on you bunch to sink the boots in.

I wouldn't have it any other way :heart: :heart:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Psyber » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:32 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:The ASIC website
All I want is a copy of an effing invoice!

I could bring mine up after on line signing the latest documents but not copy and past it.
Thankfully I have an app called Snagit.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:19 pm

39 degrees tomorrow, welcome back to work :?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:08 am

2022...…...only 10 days in but its fair to say the ball hasn't bounced our way on a few different fronts. Hopefully the year can only get better. Sometimes you just got to get through the shit.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:35 am

whufc wrote:2022...…...only 10 days in but its fair to say the ball hasn't bounced our way on a few different fronts. Hopefully the year can only get better. Sometimes you just got to get through the shit.

Mate, I'm hearing you.

This has been the darkest start I've had to new year for as long as I remember, living a friggin nightmare but it's my own doing and time will see me through it.

Work seems to be my escape atm.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:31 pm

This heat.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:2022...…...only 10 days in but its fair to say the ball hasn't bounced our way on a few different fronts. Hopefully the year can only get better. Sometimes you just got to get through the shit.

Mate, I'm hearing you.

This has been the darkest start I've had to new year for as long as I remember, living a friggin nightmare but it's my own doing and time will see me through it.

Yeah same mate...……

The most annoying part is most of my issues stem back from bad decisions made many moons ago...……..if only I knew now what I didn't know then. Throw on top of that some future happenings that aren't overly exciting to look forward to and I'm finding I'm really in a rut, not feeling a great purpose at moment. I know its only sport but seeing that coming to an end as it is (for multiple of reasons that cant be avoided) on top of everything else going on has amplified the sadness of that.

Luckily for me the relationship at home with the partner is strongish, we aren't the greatest couple on earth (who is) but one thing is for sure is that we have each's others back through thick and thin which is a great source of comfort and support. We love the community we live in and couldn't be happier with that.

Work was most definitely my escape but we are now in the middle of summer im moving from one issue to another at work and finding im moving from being the bad guy in one situation to playing the bad guy in the next situation. As a general rule of thumb I do like to make people happy and have never enjoyed the 'disciplinarily' element of management.

Safooty has also been a bit of an escape which is why my posting numbers have increased to many peoples dismay.haha..……….I understand how it all works though especially when you do go against the grain on many occasions.

Just need to book a big holiday or set some big audacious hair goals to get the old me back.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:40 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Mate, I'm hearing you.

Yeah same mate...……

The most annoying part is most of my issues stem back from bad decisions made many moons ago...……..if only I knew now what I didn't know then. Throw on top of that some future happenings that aren't overly exciting to look forward to and I'm finding I'm really in a rut, not feeling a great purpose at moment. I know its only sport but seeing that coming to an end as it is (for multiple of reasons that cant be avoided) on top of everything else going on has amplified the sadness of that.

Luckily for me the relationship at home with the partner is strongish, we aren't the greatest couple on earth (who is) but one thing is for sure is that we have each's others back through thick and thin which is a great source of comfort and support. We love the community we live in and couldn't be happier with that.

Work was most definitely my escape but we are now in the middle of summer im moving from one issue to another at work and finding im moving from being the bad guy in one situation to playing the bad guy in the next situation. As a general rule of thumb I do like to make people happy and have never enjoyed the 'disciplinarily' element of management.

Safooty has also been a bit of an escape which is why my posting numbers have increased to many peoples dismay.haha..……….I understand how it all works though especially when you do go against the grain on many occasions.

Just need to book a big holiday or set some big audacious hair goals to get the old me back.

Keep your chin up: both of you
Life has its ups and downs.
I dont dwell on the bad $hit - just move on and enjoy the good $hit for as long as it lasts
Then get on here and rev a few people up - that always makes my day happier :D (although it might be same said bad $hit for some others) :-BD
Mrs Jimmy's margarita slushies on Saturdays help as well. I'll send you the recipe if you want it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:48 pm

whufc wrote:As a general rule of thumb I do like to make people happy and have never enjoyed the 'disciplinarily' element of management.

Management is about setting examples, demonstrating the proper habits and from there your actions will show your staff how to perform.

If and when it comes to actual discipline if you've done the above, set the right examples, shown the right habits then it's not your fault they've got into that position and you'll cope with the process much easier. It won't be your doing that they find themselves in that position and because of that you'll find the process easier.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:57 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
I dont dwell on the bad $hit - just move on and enjoy the good $hit for as long as it lasts
Then get on here and rev a few people up - that always makes my day happier :D (although it might be same said bad $hit for some others) :-BD
Mrs Jimmy's margarita slushies on Saturdays help as well. I'll send you the recipe if you want it

Don't worry about the recipe, I'll just bring the leopard print speedos and a towel over.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:58 pm

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:As a general rule of thumb I do like to make people happy and have never enjoyed the 'disciplinarily' element of management.

Management is about setting examples, demonstrating the proper habits and from there your actions will show your staff how to perform.

If and when it comes to actual discipline if you've done the above, set the right examples, shown the right habits then it's not your fault they've got into that position and you'll cope with the process much easier. It won't be your doing that they find themselves in that position and because of that you'll find the process easier.

Yeah I'm comfortable in knowing a lot of what's happening is not my fault (albeit ive been absent for 3 weeks now between two covid close contact isolations and then having the bulging disc flair up) but its not enjoyable when you look at your calendar for the rest of the week and see all your dealing with is solving minor negative issues eg staff behaviour, plant room maintenance, budgetary issues, staffing number issues due to isolations. That's management though.

Don't get me wrong I love my job and usually I have a really solid balance between completing reports, dealing with day to day issues and developing and growing the business but at the moment im literally moving from one issue to the next and that is it...….it's not all staff issues either pretty much one of those if anything can go wrong will go wrong starts to the year including the obscure. Just not seeing an end in sight, I guess that's what happens when your job is manage rec centres and swimming pools in the middle of summer.

Just having a whinge...………..in football terms I'm not having many wins on or off the park at the moment.. Need a bit of change in fortune. Would help if all our 18-23 year old staff (90% of our staff base) stopped going to the city every weekend on Covid close contact tours hahaha :lol:
Last edited by whufc on Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:02 pm

Booney wrote:

After a tough initiation I'm reaping the rewards from my team now.

I've had one that has pushed my boundaries and constantly challenges me (and everyone else) but I refuse to play the game.

They complained to my manager about me then halfway through giving their spiel that listened to what they had just said and reneged on the complaint.

I'll bend over backwards to support my staff but if they try to bend me over forward they're on their own.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

Don't worry about the recipe, I'll just bring the leopard print speedos and a towel over.

= bad $hit

Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:22 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Mate, I'm hearing you.

Yeah same mate...……

I can highly recommend Mrs Jimmys Margaritas! :partyman:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:45 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mate, I'm hearing you.

Yeah same mate...……

I can highly recommend Mrs Jimmys Margaritas! :partyman:

Most Sundays I can't remember them!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby locky801 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:06 pm

Take care guys, you know your SA footy family is here if needed ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby carey » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:39 pm

locky801 wrote:Take care guys, you know your SA footy family is here if needed ;)

Absolutely. Especially @WHUFC and @LightningMcQueen I’ve played a hell of a lot of cricket against these 2. Bloody good blokes.

Not Carey good, but close.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:43 pm

carey wrote:
locky801 wrote:Take care guys, you know your SA footy family is here if needed ;)

Absolutely. Especially @WHUFC and @LightningMcQueen I’ve played a hell of a lot of cricket against these 2. Bloody good blokes.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby mickey » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:53 pm

carey wrote:

Well we all know how whufc feels about Carey's cricketing ability at the moment

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion