ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:22 pm

Granted I don't know the by-laws of ATCA.. but if the A2 game was abandoned at 9am, and the club decided they were going to look at playing guys elsewhere surely the first move you'd make would be to remove your lineup from the A2 match in the morning.

Seems like laziness to me.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 pm

The issue is whether ATCA want to allow A grade players to play in lower grade games when the A grade game is abandoned. If they don't want this happening they need to call it out and sharpen up their bylaws. If they are ok with it then it's simply a matter for clubs to get their admin correct in mycricket.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Eggy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:19 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:The issue is whether ATCA want to allow A grade players to play in lower grade games when the A grade game is abandoned. If they don't want this happening they need to call it out and sharpen up their bylaws. If they are ok with it then it's simply a matter for clubs to get their admin correct in mycricket.

I can’t see any wrong doing by Port Districts here as the abandoned game was none of their doing what so ever. As their coach has explained the ‘club regulars’ helped out the lower grades.....
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:22 pm

There is no admin issue.
MyCricket clearly distinguishes between games played and matches abandoned. It doesn't award a game stat for abandoned fixtures so no issues with finals qualifications etc, for old teams being left in the system.

While it is a bad look (A-graders playing C-grade), ultimately I think it's within the rules.

It's been happening for years, some games getting washed out and others playing, teams having byes, etc.

We might see more of it in the coming weeks as games get called off last minute, etc with covid.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:24 pm

Trader wrote:It's been happening for years, some games getting washed out and others playing, teams having byes, etc.

We might see more of it in the coming weeks as games get called off last minute, etc with covid.

Agree with these two points - if any club had a match abandoned and 11 players available to help elsewhere, chances are they'd utilise them.

Also agree will likely see more in coming weeks, and flexibility would should be applied for those impacted by covid to ensure maximum games can be played.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:42 pm

Trader wrote:There is no admin issue.
MyCricket clearly distinguishes between games played and matches abandoned. It doesn't award a game stat for abandoned fixtures so no issues with finals qualifications etc, for old teams being left in the system.

While it is a bad look (A-graders playing C-grade), ultimately I think it's within the rules.

It's been happening for years, some games getting washed out and others playing, teams having byes, etc.

If that's the case then I cant really see any issue.

When I played at a club that had 4 teams there was always half a dozen blokes over the grades that would be more than happy to step aside to let a keener cricketer have a hit for a variety of reasons. I know in my own position whilst I love playing I am also a father of 3 so if needed im more than happy to sit out a few weeks here and there to have a Saturday with the kids instead and earn a few bronwy points with the misses.

I do agree an A grader dropping to the C grade is far from ideal and should be discouraged where possible. If the comp sees it as such a big deal there are some rules they could put in place eg can only drop one grade at a time or even they can only bat from 5 down and bowl after the 10th over or something of the like.

Also agree with Covid there is a need to be very flexible and find solutions.....I mean who would think a professional league would let you just go and borrow cricketers from another side but hey if it means games can go ahead then make it happen.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Trader wrote:It's been happening for years, some games getting washed out and others playing, teams having byes, etc.

Agree with these two points - if any club had a match abandoned and 11 players available to help elsewhere, chances are they'd utilise them.

Also agree will likely see more in coming weeks, and flexibility would should be applied for those impacted by covid to ensure maximum games can be played.

Will be happening more with the Limited Overs sides starting this week. Clubs will be battling to fill their teams, I agree the comp will be lenient with players jumping up grades, down and sideways just to fill out most teams. Will be interesting to see how many 'F' games there are this weekend.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby cats2021 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:20 pm

Uncle C wrote:Absolutely Hoff can be caught. With the way he plays he’s just as likely to throw his wicket away two or three times in a row.

A2 very even amongst the top Scotch, Fulham and Port Districts. On their day I think it’s between Old Scotch and Fulham. Scotch ahead with the bat and Fulham ahead with the ball so it will be a good battle.

Still reckon he can be caught champion?
cats2021
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby helicopterking » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 pm

cats2021 wrote:
Uncle C wrote:Absolutely Hoff can be caught. With the way he plays he’s just as likely to throw his wicket away two or three times in a row.

A2 very even amongst the top Scotch, Fulham and Port Districts. On their day I think it’s between Old Scotch and Fulham. Scotch ahead with the bat and Fulham ahead with the ball so it will be a good battle.

Smashing them.
Let’s hope ASADA don’t get called before finals.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:30 pm

helicopterking wrote:
cats2021 wrote:

Smashing them.

WOW :shock:
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:33 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:
cats2021 wrote:

Smashing them.

WOW :shock:

Haha just having a laugh. 650 runs with 4 games to
Go is some Serious work.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:04 pm

No scores in my Sunday Mail. Who will ATCA fine for that?
A1
Flinders Pk 320 v Reynella
Grange v Marion 233
Pooraka v Para Hills 6/226
PAOC 135 v Ingle Farm 4/39
SPOC v Goodwood 249
Trinity v Woodville South 278
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby heater31 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:38 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:No scores in my Sunday Mail. Who will ATCA fine for that?

News Ltd probably cut the scores from the print edition.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Uncle C » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:36 am

Hats off to the Hoff. Cats 2021 probably still has a stiffy.
Uncle C
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:21 pm

Interesting weather forecast for this weekend. Let's see what develops.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:29 pm

Yup, seems a stormcell will be around and its a bit of a guessing game where it hits at the moment.
Expect the forecast to fluctuate a few times over the next couple of days.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:31 am

One site saying 50% 1-5.
Bom saying 6-35.
Which one do you go with?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:37 am

Email we got for work indicated heavy rain Friday and Sat - extreme end of the scale being closer to 100ml.

Mind you that’s for far North, but predication did show heavy rain in Adelaide too.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:57 am

tigerpie wrote:One site saying 50% 1-5.
Bom saying 6-35.
Which one do you go with?

Get your pitch done by 3pm thursday and covers on when the lads leave training thursday night.
Then wait and see what happens!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby TheTranzlator » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:30 am

Is there any provision to start the day's play earlier?
I'm hearing reports of the rain coming through later in the afternoon on Saturday? Obviously hard to predict with a storm cell like this.
I'm sure it's not going to matter because looks like it's going to be a deluge... just a thought.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps