PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Daughter bowled someone on her hat-trick ball the other night but the umpire gave it not out as he said it took the bail too long to dislodge.

Needless to say she was livid, she usually bowls spin but was zipping them through the other night.

Wowsers.

What is the actual rule......does the bail have to come off before the ball is deemed 'dead'.

Got no idea what happens in that situation.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:41 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Daughter bowled someone on her hat-trick ball the other night but the umpire gave it not out as he said it took the bail too long to dislodge.

Needless to say she was livid, she usually bowls spin but was zipping them through the other night.

Wowsers.

What is the actual rule......does the bail have to come off before the ball is deemed 'dead'.

Got no idea what happens in that situation.

Dunno, JW was umpiring, probably struggled to see that far, nevertheless, despite getting 4 wickets an over a few times I never got a hat-trick so it was only fair that she didn't. 8)
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Barkeroo » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:23 am

:shock:
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Dunno, JW was umpiring, 8)

There's the problem right there.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:36 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Dunno, JW was umpiring, 8)

There's the problem right there.

Ha, good bloke ole Johhny, loves a beer and a chinwag, she should've dropped my name LOL.

There hasn't been too many umpires that I haven't gotten along with over the years, I like and respect pretty much all of them, Wiegs was far and away the worst though.

He killed us one day and I wrote an absolute essay to the PDCA bagging him, got him again the following week, he was even worse so I thought f*** it, I'll write how much I loved his new enthused approach to us and what a massive turnaround a week made..........................didn't get him again that season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:37 am

Didn't say he wasn't a good bloke, or that I don't get along with him.. but when it comes to his umpiring....
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Shaun lay dropped second ball of the day in the slips so could have been a really low score

Also 9/110 when their number 11 was run out, a good 2m out of his crease and their square leg umpire called it not out lol obviously game got heated after that but least this week it should be a decent contest! He was so far out of his crease the central umpire even said he was out but unfortunately couldn’t over turn it.. True colours really come through for Virginia on the weekend!

Looking forward to Saturday though, should be a cracker!

You guys should run that down.

Is that my ole mate from the Gardens playing for you guys now, Lynchy?

Yeah fingers crossed we get the win, plenty in the shed but they’ve got a couple bowlers that can take the game away within a few decent overs

He’s on board now to, hasn’t played for a few years and hasn’t trained once but come on the bowl on Saturday and hit a 20 cent piece straight away! Should be a good pick up moving forward!

I was actually there doing some running and watched chels take that hat trick lol to be honest, there wasn’t much of an appeal from anyone really and from where we all were it was hard to tell if it bowled her or if the wind took it off! But I called it out straight away, few others thought it was the wind.. either way I would have been pissed if I was her haha
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:Didn't say he wasn't a good bloke, or that I don't get along with him.. but when it comes to his umpiring....

In fairness I always found the PDCA umpires to be ok and even the shit ones were at least consistently shit...….I mean if you had Coxy you knew as long as you talked to him at the non strikers end you were never going to be given LBW.

Jonty was an ex bowler and didn't believe in the pitching outside leg rule so you made sure you never got hit on the pads when he was umpiring no matter what.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:35 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Yeah fingers crossed we get the win, plenty in the shed but they’ve got a couple bowlers that can take the game away within a few decent overs

He’s on board now to, hasn’t played for a few years and hasn’t trained once but come on the bowl on Saturday and hit a 20 cent piece straight away! Should be a good pick up moving forward!

I was actually there doing some running and watched chels take that hat trick lol to be honest, there wasn’t much of an appeal from anyone really and from where we all were it was hard to tell if it bowled her or if the wind took it off! But I called it out straight away, few others thought it was the wind.. either way I would have been pissed if I was her haha

Ha, we hated each other, we seemed to have the wood on them though so it made the sledging easier.

So she was telling the truth, she rang me not long after they finished, I should've gone, it seemed like it went down to the wire.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:36 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Didn't say he wasn't a good bloke, or that I don't get along with him.. but when it comes to his umpiring....

In fairness I always found the PDCA umpires to be ok and even the shit ones were at least consistently shit...….I mean if you had Coxy you knew as long as you talked to him at the non strikers end you were never going to be given LBW.

Jonty was an ex bowler and didn't believe in the pitching outside leg rule so you made sure you never got hit on the pads when he was umpiring no matter what.

Coxy gave a few out in a final one day and there was a big punch up, I don't think he's given too many out since, if that's how he rolls then so be it, it's not ideal but just hold your catches and get through the gap.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:51 pm

Have generally found umpires in para to be a goodish standard. Lbw is perhaps where there is room for improvement.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Coxy gave a few out in a final one day and there was a big punch up, I don't think he's given too many out since, if that's how he rolls then so be it, it's not ideal but just hold your catches and get through the gap.

Yeah jokes aside you generally had to be standing on your stumps to get an lbw but it was ok coz he actually was pretty consistent and just never gave lbw.

You knew that and like you said just try and bowl them out or get a catch at slips. Much rather that than some firing blokes every time it hits the pads

Tbh if drs has taught us anything it’s that there shouldn’t be that many lbw on hard wicket coz it goes over the top so much on turf it must be missing heaps on hard wicket

Giving the nature a lot of pdca games are played with……bloody intense I reckon the umps do a decent job and good enough for an amateur sport
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 pm

whufc wrote:Tbh if drs has taught us anything it’s that there shouldn’t be that many lbw on hard wicket coz it goes over the top so much on turf it must be missing heaps on hard wicket

Not many 6'4" bowler on hard wicket that bowl 120+ and dig em in.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Tbh if drs has taught us anything it’s that there shouldn’t be that many lbw on hard wicket coz it goes over the top so much on turf it must be missing heaps on hard wicket

Come on mate as spinner how many balls have you bowled that have just gone over the stumps and you cant believe didn't hit them.....I mean in between the balls that aren't clearing the boundary.

We were trying to hit the stumps last week at training and even me as a spinner unless I land them almost on the crease (slight exaggeration) they were all going over the top and I mean I flight them a bit but not that much haha. :lol: :lol:

Try it at training though....without a batsmen and it was so surprising how full we had to bowl to make sure they didn't bounce over the top...like genuine half volley length, anything we bowled on what we thought was good length was going over.

Sadly I would still be lbw when I get hit on the thigh pad..... :oops:
whufc
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:10 pm

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Come on mate as spinner how many balls have you bowled that have just gone over the stumps and you cant believe didn't hit them.....I mean in between the balls that aren't clearing the boundary.

We were trying to hit the stumps last week at training and even me as a spinner unless I land them almost on the crease (slight exaggeration) they were all going over the top and I mean I flight them a bit but not that much haha. [emoji38] [emoji38]

Try it at training though....without a batsmen and it was so surprising how full we had to bowl to make sure they didn't bounce over the top...like genuine half volley length, anything we bowled on what we thought was good length was going over.
This. Its not that hard. Thinks its a perspective thing from where the umpire stands.

Had 1 on the weekend where the batter jumped, both feet in the air and ball hit 10cm above the height of the bail...Out!Even have the photo from side on as i was taking some photos at the time, makes you laugh how it could possibly be out but thems the breaks.

auto
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:05 pm

whufc wrote:Come on mate as spinner how many balls have you bowled that have just gone over the stumps and you cant believe didn't hit them.....I mean in between the balls that aren't clearing the boundary.:

Firstly, every ball I bowl should be out :P

Spinners are different to meds - if you're bowling properly should be getting up and over, and spinning hard - more flight / revs = more bounce as well.. but as a spinner not often are you looking to knock off stump over - it's tryin to deceive them with flight and changes of pace.. mistimed shots, LBW's on balls that dip late and or bowl them.

I reckon if you rolled in bowling pedestrian meds, and pushing through the crease, you'd hit the stumps more times than the tweakers off a standing start.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:06 pm

auto wrote:Had 1 on the weekend where the batter jumped, both feet in the air and ball hit 10cm above the height of the bail...Out!Even have the photo from side on as i was taking some photos at the time, makes you laugh how it could possibly be out but thems the breaks.

Prove it or GTFAOH
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:
auto wrote:Had 1 on the weekend where the batter jumped, both feet in the air and ball hit 10cm above the height of the bail...Out!Even have the photo from side on as i was taking some photos at the time, makes you laugh how it could possibly be out but thems the breaks.

Prove it or GTFAOH
Here it is.Image

auto
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:35 pm

Umpires call* haha
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Come on mate as spinner how many balls have you bowled that have just gone over the stumps and you cant believe didn't hit them.....I mean in between the balls that aren't clearing the boundary.:

Firstly, every ball I bowl should be out :P

Spinners are different to meds - if you're bowling properly should be getting up and over, and spinning hard - more flight / revs = more bounce as well.. but as a spinner not often are you looking to knock off stump over - it's tryin to deceive them with flight and changes of pace.. mistimed shots, LBW's on balls that dip late and or bowl them.

I reckon if you rolled in bowling pedestrian meds, and pushing through the crease, you'd hit the stumps more times than the tweakers off a standing start.

Come on mate no one in PDCA bowls pedestrian meds. They all steam in at 400 miles per hours off a 40 metre run up and smash into the deck hard looking to bowl that perfect throat killing bouncer followed by abuse on some personal trait you never knew you had.

Craig Dantonio is the only out and out med bowler in the entire association :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps