Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slowleftarm » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:Is there any disability parking at Park 25?? We might need playing the under 12s country carnival gf there

Do you know which oval brotherman?


Oval 3 mate
Slowleftarm
Member
 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:04 pm
Location: Penola
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Penola

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:54 am

Slowleftarm wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:Is there any disability parking at Park 25?? We might need playing the under 12s country carnival gf there

Do you know which oval brotherman?


Oval 3 mate

I think that's the one in Siberia mate, you'll have to cross country if that's the case.

Either way, enter off of West Terrace and there are 3 disabled parks adjacent to Karen Rolton Oval, there used to be 4 more near the nets in the carpark where you enter off of Port Road, I'd be suspecting that it will be chockers so get there early, hopefully some prick doesn't occupy one that doesn't need to.

Good luck to the boy!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47866
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3919 times
Been liked: 6944 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Good luck to the boy!

Echo that!

Keep us posted how he gets on @Slowleftarm. Those are brilliant carnivals. Kids have a ball. Often more spectators at the games than grade cricket finals haha
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1328 times
Been liked: 217 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Gosaints » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:12 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:so you are confirming ND did not seek permission to not cover the pitch?

Permission was sort and granted


Northerns are spreading lie after lie after lie after lie, they now believing their own lies :shock:

The club is a joke, the only thing saving them is their location. Cosgrove stepping down next season going full time with Redbacks so they should just fold now.


covers may be the least of their issues
Gosaints
Member
 
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:13 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:13 am

Gosaints wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:so you are confirming ND did not seek permission to not cover the pitch?

Permission was sort and granted


Northerns are spreading lie after lie after lie after lie, they now believing their own lies :shock:

The club is a joke, the only thing saving them is their location. Cosgrove stepping down next season going full time with Redbacks so they should just fold now.


covers may be the least of their issues

Do tell.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47866
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3919 times
Been liked: 6944 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Port Pirie Power » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:17 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:so you are confirming ND did not seek permission to not cover the pitch?

Permission was sort and granted


Northerns are spreading lie after lie after lie after lie, they now believing their own lies :shock:

The club is a joke, the only thing saving them is their location. Cosgrove stepping down next season going full time with Redbacks so they should just fold now.


WT been awarded those points yet?
Port Pirie Power
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:49 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:Is there any disability parking at Park 25?? We might need playing the under 12s country carnival gf there

Do you know which oval brotherman?


Oval 3 mate

I think that's the one in Siberia mate, you'll have to cross country if that's the case.

Either way, enter off of West Terrace and there are 3 disabled parks adjacent to Karen Rolton Oval, there used to be 4 more near the nets in the carpark where you enter off of Port Road, I'd be suspecting that it will be chockers so get there early, hopefully some prick doesn't occupy one that doesn't need to.

Good luck to the boy!


Cheers mate, we got there super early and parked by the nets and watched some scorpions train before moving on to oval 3. Adelaide Turf won by 8 wickets. South East batted first and made 7/70 then the turf boy's were 2/0 in two balls before steadying to win inside 14 hours from memory. Our lad batted 8 and faced 2 balls for 0 plus he never bowled in the last 2 game's.
Slowleftarm
Member
 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:04 pm
Location: Penola
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Penola

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:36 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Good luck to the boy!

Echo that!

Keep us posted how he gets on @Slowleftarm. Those are brilliant carnivals. Kids have a ball. Often more spectators at the games than grade cricket finals haha


Adelaide turf won by 8 wickets mate, our lad batted 8 and was 0no. He didn't bowl in the last two game's which doesn't do his confidence any good.
Slowleftarm
Member
 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:04 pm
Location: Penola
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Penola

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:16 pm

Slowleftarm wrote:Adelaide turf won by 8 wickets mate, our lad batted 8 and was 0no. He didn't bowl in the last two game's which doesn't do his confidence any good.

Sometimes you gain more by those lack of opportunities - gets a taste of what the level is like, what’s required and expected of him.. start thinking more about areas that can be improved in their own game.

It’s good for young people too, they might dominate at clubland and then find in a rep environment they’re no longer the big fish - can be a sound reality check.

He’s better for being around that setup than not. Sounds like they had a good week though.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14937
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3086 times
Been liked: 3566 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:Adelaide turf won by 8 wickets mate, our lad batted 8 and was 0no. He didn't bowl in the last two game's which doesn't do his confidence any good.

Sometimes you gain more by those lack of opportunities - gets a taste of what the level is like, what’s required and expected of him.. start thinking more about areas that can be improved in their own game.

It’s good for young people too, they might dominate at clubland and then find in a rep environment they’re no longer the big fish - can be a sound reality check.

He’s better for being around that setup than not. Sounds like they had a good week though.


Being a bottom aged player this year will definitely help him going forward. He's just so hard on himself that every little misfield or bowling a wide or no ball gets him super upset and he starts blaming himself for that.
Slowleftarm
Member
 
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:04 pm
Location: Penola
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Penola

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:02 pm

T20 Final at Karen Rolton Oval tonight between East Torrens and Port Adelaide.

In the Semis earlier today, East Torrens openers Lehmann and Dall chased down Uni’s 145 in 16 overs without losing a wicket. In the other game, Port restricted Kensington to 111 and chased that down in 19 overs losing 6 wickets.
User avatar
Aerie
Coach
 
 
Posts: 5320
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:05 am
Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 398 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Port winners! Good game

Held on to win by 7 runs or so. ET were cruising with King and Lehmann going well. Wickets tumbled after that
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
User avatar
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:00 pm
Has liked: 1328 times
Been liked: 217 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Port winners! Good game

Held on to win by 7 runs or so. ET were cruising with King and Lehmann going well. Wickets tumbled after that


Turning point was the last over in Port’s innings, Chatto injured and on one leg smashed 20 off Cranmer over, was insane hitting as was in agony every shot. Thought they needed to get to 150 to have a chance, but that extra 9 runs was vital. Was good game to watch, congrats to Port.
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:52 pm

Few controversies in Under 18 Shield today :shock:

Prospect would be in Semi Final tomorrow, but apparently played an over age player, so had all wins taken away. Would assume was not deliberate and an oversight, but huge error, feel for the players as would not have made a final for long time at the Pirates.

Sturt game called off as players sister tested positive. They knew a draw got them thru to Semi's. So can they all play tomorrow now? What has changed in a day? The system is dubious at best. Kensington had identical thing happen last week, kid did not play but game went on :shock:
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:55 pm

To be clear Prospect didn't play an over age player, the player selected was ineligible due to a transfer/clearance mishap and copped a massive whack. In my view, punishment didn't fit the crime but we have to live with it
Get that corn outta my face!!
User avatar
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:33 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:To be clear Prospect didn't play an over age player, the player selected was ineligible due to a transfer/clearance mishap and copped a massive whack. In my view, punishment didn't fit the crime but we have to live with it


Assume the player was Oscar Pledge? Seems a massive penalty if that’s the case. Was he linked to another grade club? Did that Club complain? Think he was boarder at PAC. Really feel for the lads, terrible situation.
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:39 pm

It wasn't Pledge, it was another player that hasn't played for a previous grade club since 2019, has no assigned roles with the previous club and we selected the wrong tab (transfer - from community club) so he was essentially aligned to both grade clubs. Thought we were doing the right thing. Don't know who complained
Get that corn outta my face!!
User avatar
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:33 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:53 pm

cokadonkeytoo wrote:It wasn't Pledge, it was another player that hasn't played for a previous grade club since 2019, has no assigned roles with the previous club and we selected the wrong tab (transfer - from community club) so he was essentially aligned to both grade clubs. Thought we were doing the right thing. Don't know who complained


That is a disgrace then. Volunteers have so much work to do at clubs these days, they try and do the right thing and get rammed up the arse by SACA at every turn. Where is the common sense! No doubt the club went thru every angle to appeal this decision?
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 381 times

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:05 pm

It hasn't been easy dealing with a squad of very disappointed lads but the future looks bright
Get that corn outta my face!!
User avatar
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:33 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:11 pm

That’s a tough penalty but why is a lad playing in a saca comp if he’s never played there. Surely you’ve got enough kids on the books to not have to go outside your club.
maxi
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:39 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests