Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby MW » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 am

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Negative.

That’s a positive!
Got man flu or lady cold then?

Just a head cold I think, astounding that I don't have it considering my symptoms. Runny nose, dry cough, hot/cold, lethargic, was 100% convinced I had the vid.

Same as two of my kids. Test back negative this morning, but both have all the symptoms except for lack of taste which in years gone by you would just say a cold :lol: funny that
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:42 am

I know someone who has covid(PCR test confirmed) and then has taken 2 RAT ‘s and both RATS are negative.
Lol
What a mess!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Booney » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:03 pm

Mrs Boon, not her job but given the quality operator she is, is calling the 55 families she spoke to on Saturday last week advising them their child was considered a close contact ( today is day 6 as Friday last week was exposure day ) to see how they are going.

The OHSC is shut so she's working from home and doing the right thing. Parents were advised in a call, a text, an email and via a portal that children at OHSC last week need to isolate for 7 days and get tested on days 1 ( Saturday ) and 6 ( today ).

She just got off the phone from one parent who advised junior has been at another OHSC all week as they thought once they got the negative on the weekend they were good to go.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:41 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I know someone who has covid(PCR test confirmed) and then has taken 2 RAT ‘s and both RATS are negative.
Lol
What a mess!

Thats because the RATS arent as sensitive as the PCR tests, especially in the early phases of the infection or if you are mildly symptomatic.

The Rapid antigen test only picks up that your responding to the virus. the PCT tests if you have the virus.

The RATS test is like Lynx Africa only works in certain situations, where as the PCR test is like Rexona Sport, "It wont let you down..."

I think I pointe this out to the Dumbarse Daisy back in the 500s...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 1812 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:56 pm

am Bays wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I know someone who has covid(PCR test confirmed) and then has taken 2 RAT ‘s and both RATS are negative.
Lol
What a mess!

Thats because the RATS arent as sensitive as the PCR tests, especially in the early phases of the infection or if you are mildly symptomatic.

The Rapid antigen test only picks up that your responding to the virus. the PCT tests if you have the virus.

The RATS test is like Lynx Africa only works in certain situations, where as the PCR test is like Rexona Sport, "It wont let you down..."

You could have saved yourself some time and just said the RATS are useless!
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:12 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Lol
What a mess!

RATs were about 20% accurate in the Stan house. However I believe that was due to the fact that they don't pick up the proteins until a day or so later than the PCR tests.

I'm more interested at the moment in hearing about reduced isolation periods. Some talk of 10 days to 7 days.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:20 pm

Most people I know who have tested positive and used a RAT had similar % to you.
Doesn’t fill you with confidence.

So unless you use it on the X day, on the Y hour, sitting in the Z room it probably won’t be accurate
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby someguy1 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:33 pm

stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Lol
What a mess!

RATs were about 20% accurate in the Stan house. However I believe that was due to the fact that they don't pick up the proteins until a day or so later than the PCR tests.

I'm more interested at the moment in hearing about reduced isolation periods. Some talk of 10 days to 7 days.

Already shot down

https://www.news.com.au/national/south- ... 09babe20a1
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:39 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Most people I know who have tested positive and used a RAT had similar % to you.

So unless you use it on the X day, on the Y hour, sitting in the Z room it probably won’t be accurate

But smart people like Albo, Kristina Kenneally, Lisa Wilkinson (& her effwit pirate) and Jane Caro are carrying on about making them free because our lives, apparently, depend on them. Apart from the fact that they state they are not accurate, can you imagine how many some of these people would go through in a day? They would just keep using them because they are sure they're positive.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:44 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Most people I know who have tested positive and used a RAT had similar % to you.

I couldn't give a rats PCR, if I start feeling crap I'll sit at home til I'm better.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:47 pm

They have finally approved a conventional vaccine

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/hopes-unvac ... fdce58224b
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:59 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

But smart people like Albo, Kristina Kenneally, Lisa Wilkinson (& her effwit pirate) and Jane Caro are carrying on about making them free because our lives, apparently, depend on them. Apart from the fact that they state they are not accurate, can you imagine how many some of these people would go through in a day? They would just keep using them because they are sure they're positive.
Please don't listen to Jane Caro, she's bat crap crazy.
stan
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I couldn't give a rats PCR, if I start feeling crap I'll sit at home til I'm better.

Like if you had a cold or flu like yesteryear?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:01 pm

someguy1 wrote:
stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
am Bays wrote:[quote="amber_fluid"]I know someone who has covid(PCR test confirmed) and then has taken 2 RAT ‘s and both RATS are negative.
Lol
What a mess!

Already shot down

https://www.news.com.au/national/south- ... 09babe20a1[/quote]Yeah he said early he wouldn't run with it yet. Nicola would have told him that it would be a no no from her.

In fact if national cabinet reduces it, you can expect SA health to push it out to 14 days.
stan
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Marshall just said 40 odd hospitalisations are due to other factors, not Covid, so take them out and it brings the figure down to 240 which is pretty good I would have thought?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2325 times
Been liked: 3505 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:29 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Like if you had a cold or flu like yesteryear?

Bingo, I just can't seem to get crook, my last sickie was August 2020 when I passed out at work with blood pressure reading of 240/140, I got taken away in the meat wagon and didn't get out of hospital until late that night, I had to take the following day off to go for more scans and tests, work revoked the sick day anyway.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:31 pm

Boris Johnson has pretty much stripped all covid rules:

Boris Johnson scraps face masks, vaccine passports and work from home
Boris Johnson has announced the UK’s “Plan B” Covid-19 restrictions will be completely shredded as he hailed “light at the end of the tunnel”.

Boris Johnson has announced the UK’s “Plan B” Covid-19 restrictions will be completely shredded.
More From Health And Safety

Boris Johnson has announced the UK’s “Plan B” Covid-19 restrictions will be completely shredded next Wednesday as he hailed “light at the end of the tunnel”.

Hated vaccine passports will be dumped along with requirement to wear face masks anywhere indoors, The Sun reports.

The guidance to work from home has been dropped effective immediately — meaning Brits can go back to the office tomorrow.

The remaining rules will expire on January 26, meaning the changes will kick in on Thursday morning.

“The Cabinet concluded that because of the extraordinary booster campaign, together with the way the public have responded to the Plan B measures, we can return to Plan A in England, and allow Plan B regulations to expire,” the UK Prime Minister said.

In major developments:

• The PM endured a bruising PMQs as a Tory MP defected to Labour

• Masks will be dropped in classrooms tomorrow as revealed by The Sun

• Self-isolation rules should expire on March 24, the PM said

• Mr Johnson said that Omicron has now “peaked nationally”

• BoJo warned boosters will be increasingly needed for international travel

• The PM resisted pressure to scrap mandatory vaccination for NHS staff

Triumphant Mr Johnson hailed the success of the booster campaign that has allowed him to rip up nearly all remaining curbs.

Mr Johnson also felt vindicated for resisting doomster calls to impose tougher measures as Omicron surged over Christmas.

“Many nations across Europe have endured further winter lockdowns,” the PM told MPs.

“While we must continue to remain cautious, the data are showing that time and again, this government, got the toughest decisions, right.”

He pointed to falling Covid-19 cases as experts grow increasingly confident the country is over the hump of Omicron.

While “significant pressures on the NHS” persist, the PM said hospitalisations have now stabilised and are even falling in London.

But embattled Mr Johnson is also widely seen as dropping Plan B to soothe lockdown-hating rebels threatening to blow apart his premiership.

Yet the PM denied this and in rallying cry cheered, “Confronted by the nation’s biggest challenge since the Second World War and the worst pandemic since 1918, any government would get some things wrong. But this government got the big things right.”
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

741, anyone for Maslins??

You forgot matt Canavan too

Funny hoe George Christiansen makes Canavan look like Adam Bandt....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:Marshall just said 40 odd hospitalisations are due to other factors, not Covid, so take them out and it brings the figure down to 240 which is pretty good I would have thought?
I would say so, that's probably pretty good for where we are at, if we are the at the peak or close to it we are actually traveling ok.
stan
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Boris Johnson has pretty much stripped all covid rules:

Boris Johnson scraps face masks, vaccine passports and work from home
Boris Johnson has announced the UK’s “Plan B” Covid-19 restrictions will be completely shredded as he hailed “light at the end of the tunnel”.

Boris Johnson has announced the UK’s “Plan B” Covid-19 restrictions will be completely shredded.
More From Health And Safety

Boris Johnson has announced the UK’s “Plan B” Covid-19 restrictions will be completely shredded next Wednesday as he hailed “light at the end of the tunnel”.

Hated vaccine passports will be dumped along with requirement to wear face masks anywhere indoors, The Sun reports.

The guidance to work from home has been dropped effective immediately — meaning Brits can go back to the office tomorrow.

The remaining rules will expire on January 26, meaning the changes will kick in on Thursday morning.

“The Cabinet concluded that because of the extraordinary booster campaign, together with the way the public have responded to the Plan B measures, we can return to Plan A in England, and allow Plan B regulations to expire,” the UK Prime Minister said.

In major developments:

• The PM endured a bruising PMQs as a Tory MP defected to Labour

• Masks will be dropped in classrooms tomorrow as revealed by The Sun

• Self-isolation rules should expire on March 24, the PM said

• Mr Johnson said that Omicron has now “peaked nationally”

• BoJo warned boosters will be increasingly needed for international travel

• The PM resisted pressure to scrap mandatory vaccination for NHS staff

Triumphant Mr Johnson hailed the success of the booster campaign that has allowed him to rip up nearly all remaining curbs.

Mr Johnson also felt vindicated for resisting doomster calls to impose tougher measures as Omicron surged over Christmas.

“Many nations across Europe have endured further winter lockdowns,” the PM told MPs.

“While we must continue to remain cautious, the data are showing that time and again, this government, got the toughest decisions, right.”

He pointed to falling Covid-19 cases as experts grow increasingly confident the country is over the hump of Omicron.

While “significant pressures on the NHS” persist, the PM said hospitalisations have now stabilised and are even falling in London.

But embattled Mr Johnson is also widely seen as dropping Plan B to soothe lockdown-hating rebels threatening to blow apart his premiership.

Yet the PM denied this and in rallying cry cheered, “Confronted by the nation’s biggest challenge since the Second World War and the worst pandemic since 1918, any government would get some things wrong. But this government got the big things right.”

Totally inconsequential to the hoo ha surrounding his "work meeting" and any no confidence motion....
am Bays
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion