Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby locky801 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:30 pm

stan wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Marshall just said 40 odd hospitalisations are due to other factors, not Covid, so take them out and it brings the figure down to 240 which is pretty good I would have thought?
I would say so, that's probably pretty good for where we are at, if we are the at the peak or close to it we are actually traveling ok.

Whats the restrictions he said he was lifting in a few weeks, thats all i heard him say, obviously wont be until the end of Feb and near election time though :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3647 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:19 pm

No ones game enough to say what things will look like in 3 months time as the truth is that we are literally taking it day by day - which is concerning…. Mind you most governments across the world are in a similar boat. This is going to be the norm for a while to come yet and at the start of the pandemic I remember hearing a prediction from virologists that international travel won’t return to levels like we had previously until 2027.

Every time the hospitals look like being put under the pump we’re gonna see tightening of restrictions and this could happen multiple times a year and it won’t matter who is running the States and Country no matter what opposition leaders or people with extreme political views spruik.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:34 pm

The thing that shits me the most (maybe wrong thread) is the restrictions we had to go through mid 2021 while there was zero COVID, there was absolutely no need for those restrictions, we should have all been able to had a break from them for a period before we opened the borders.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:The thing that shits me the most (maybe wrong thread) is the restrictions we had to go through mid 2021 while there was zero COVID, there was absolutely no need for those restrictions, we should have all been able to had a break from them for a period before we opened the borders.

The restrictions were put in place last year to condition you to them for when this happened.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:50 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The thing that shits me the most (maybe wrong thread) is the restrictions we had to go through mid 2021 while there was zero COVID, there was absolutely no need for those restrictions, we should have all been able to had a break from them for a period before we opened the borders.

The restrictions were put in place last year to condition you to them for when this happened.

Stupid wasn’t it.
But I’m sure all the business owners who went bust or had to borrow money to survive will understand!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby king neptune » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Absolutely right. We should have been able to enjoy our final months as one of the last places on Earth that essentially had COVID Zero.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby am Bays » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Couldnt disagree more strongly. we saw with what happened in Victoria and the spread. Even the initial cluster in the Barossa in April 2020 (hanks religous nutters) and then the 100 odd cases in the Modbury cluster November 2020 when we werent prepared with vaccination coverage, even with restrictions on contact and with masks the ability for the previous versions to break out out and cause harm were potentially catestrophic to our health system

But he if you wanted a Victorian scenario please wind back the clocks.

if you think the business outlook is bad now it would've been far worse if those minimal restrictions last year of wearing masks and density limitation werent in place, IMO.

However now we need to start transitioning to the new normal and living with this.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:21 pm

UK have returned to normal life.

They announced today there will be no more mandates, restrictions or vax passports.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:38 pm

am Bays wrote:

Couldnt disagree more strongly. we saw with what happened in Victoria and the spread. Even the initial cluster in the Barossa in April 2020 (hanks religous nutters) and then the 100 odd cases in the Modbury cluster November 2020 when we werent prepared with vaccination coverage, even with restrictions on contact and with masks the ability for the previous versions to break out out and cause harm were potentially catestrophic to our health system

But he if you wanted a Victorian scenario please wind back the clocks.

if you think the business outlook is bad now it would've been far worse if those minimal restrictions last year of wearing masks and density limitation werent in place, IMO.

However now we need to start transitioning to the new normal and living with this.

Im talking July - Nov 2021 where there wasn't one case in the community - I totally get the restrictions now that its here, but no way anyone can justify the restrictions when there was zero COVID - hell even WA let us travel there...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Bandit » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:00 pm

Why does australia need 51 million doses of novavax when we have a population of 25 million and approaching 90% double vax'd?
Is this for or 1st 2nd and 3rd boosters?

*yes i realise under 12's not counted on 90%
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:27 pm

In a surprise to nobody McClown is not opening the WA borders on Feb 5th and is maintaining their hard border with few exceptions.
Will now give exemptions to limited numbers and must be triple vaxxed, negative test before arrival and undertake 14 days home isolation with PCR test on day 1 and 14 and endure regular police visits aswell as facial recognition apps on phone.
He wants third dose rates far higher to consider opening border.
Time to move the two WA teams interstate for the season
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Vamos » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:46 am

Get home from night owls and fry up some crazy dragon dumplings boys, surefire way to get you a temperature and 14 days in Iso.

*Must be mixed with lee kum kee light soy and chilli oil, my nose is running, aaaargh!
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 452 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:26 am

Jim05 wrote:In a surprise to nobody McClown is not opening the WA borders on Feb 5th and is maintaining their hard border with few exceptions.
Will now give exemptions to limited numbers and must be triple vaxxed, negative test before arrival and undertake 14 days home isolation with PCR test on day 1 and 14 and endure regular police visits aswell as facial recognition apps on phone.

Absolute shambles. If you think our health system in SA is stretched then move over SA because WA’s is an absolute disgrace. There is only one reason why he wouldn’t be opening the borders and that’s the collapse of their health system. Ironically they still have cases creeping up and their state of bet wetting citizens are slowly starting to get restless for the exact opposite reasons most others are across the country.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:11 am

Jim05 wrote:In a surprise to nobody McClown is not opening the WA borders on Feb 5th and is maintaining their hard border with few exceptions.

Which WA sporting teams are currently east relying on Feb 5 to get back home? Cricket, Basketball x 2, A-League x 2, Baseball, AFLW x 2, Netball...they would be filthy
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:30 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:

Absolute shambles. If you think our health system in SA is stretched then move over SA because WA’s is an absolute disgrace. There is only one reason why he wouldn’t be opening the borders and that’s the collapse of their health system. Ironically they still have cases creeping up and their state of bet wetting citizens are slowly starting to get restless for the exact opposite reasons most others are across the country.
Essentially that's it, from what I have read the WA health system is very average. They have had 2 years now to get this sorted out behind a hard border, they should be more than ready right now.

On another note with NSW, VIC and SA approaching there peaks it probably does make sense to open up when the Eastern states are over that peak and stabilised a bit.

I'm not sure how restless they are getting, most of the people and comments I have seen indicate they are happy with the closed border at the moment.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 am

Talk that kids will need a RAT each day before going to school at the most or three times a week at the least.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:53 am

Brodlach wrote:Talk that kids will need a RAT each day before going to school at the most or three times a week at the least.
Would be handy if we could get a our hands on a few of these lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby heater31 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:55 am

Brodlach wrote:Talk that kids will need a RAT each day before going to school at the most or three times a week at the least.
Haha let me guess the department won't be supplying them as well??
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:10 am

State and Federal government to share the cost.

If I had school kids, which I don’t , you’d use them on yourselves when needed rather than having to buy them. No one would know

Imagine the cost, landfill would be massive too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:27 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:They have finally approved a conventional vaccine

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/hopes-unvac ... fdce58224b

Well, there you go. I’m wrong & back to living in my hermit kingdom

Brand new technology as is a protein combined with a virus particle vaccine. It is sold as a “Recombinant nanoparticle vaccine”.
An insect virus (baculovirus) has proteins inserted into it and then infects a moth cell which creates a lot of spike proteins. That is the viral vector / recombinant DNA part. The final product is extracted and purified, as a protein. The adjuvant used is tree bark.

Long term effect?
Attachments
A01C67B3-BC0B-421D-8E5E-AF214EE0482C.jpeg
A01C67B3-BC0B-421D-8E5E-AF214EE0482C.jpeg (11.06 KiB) Viewed 399 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion