ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby tigerpie » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:23 pm

Trader wrote:
tigerpie wrote:One site saying 50% 1-5.
Bom saying 6-35.
Which one do you go with?

Get your pitch done by 3pm thursday and covers on when the lads leave training thursday night.
Then wait and see what happens!

No worries boss!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:41 pm

TheTranzlator wrote:Is there any provision to start the day's play earlier?
I'm hearing reports of the rain coming through later in the afternoon on Saturday? Obviously hard to predict with a storm cell like this.
I'm sure it's not going to matter because looks like it's going to be a deluge... just a thought.

I think there has been an instance where two clubs have agreed to start the game at 10.30am. A few years ago when the Adelaide day/night test was on. I assume they wanted an early finish, so they could go to the test match. Can't imagine ATCA changing the start times en masse.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby TheTranzlator » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
TheTranzlator wrote:Is there any provision to start the day's play earlier?
I'm hearing reports of the rain coming through later in the afternoon on Saturday? Obviously hard to predict with a storm cell like this.
I'm sure it's not going to matter because looks like it's going to be a deluge... just a thought.

I think there has been an instance where two clubs have agreed to start the game at 10.30am. A few years ago when the Adelaide day/night test was on. I assume they wanted an early finish, so they could go to the test match. Can't imagine ATCA changing the start times en masse.

Ah yea that's right... I think from memory there was a round last season where it was forecasted to be right on the cusp of cancellation due to heat... so a lot of the teams agreed to start at around 10am.
Be interesting to see if some teams manage to get on and get a result, and other teams don't... massive repercussions for promotion and relegation.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:16 pm

Revised forecast now has almost no rain Friday and Saturday. @tigerpie, you'll need to await further instructions from @Trader.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:26 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Revised forecast now has almost no rain Friday and Saturday. @tigerpie, you'll need to await further instructions from @Trader.

No issues with previous advice, sorry, instruction.
Getting the pitch done early and under protection is rarely a bad move.

;)
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:16 pm

From 6-35mm to 0.00mm in one weather update
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby TheTranzlator » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:46 pm

T/20 finals fixture has been released, with some intriguing match ups.

Port Districts v Woody South should be a cracker
Goodwood v PAOC
Grove v ROCCCS
SPOC v Rockets

What's everyone else's thoughts?
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:20 am

TheTranzlator wrote:T/20 finals fixture has been released, with some intriguing match ups.

Port Districts v Woody South should be a cracker
Goodwood v PAOC
Grove v ROCCCS
SPOC v Rockets

What's everyone else's thoughts?

PD
Goody
Grove
SPOC
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm

The Tuesday forecast ending up being the most accurate.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby tigerpie » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Revised forecast now has almost no rain Friday and Saturday. @tigerpie, you'll need to await further instructions from @Trader.

Weather boffins got it right after all.
Pitches were rock hard and ready midday friday, covered Friday night.
Play got away on time and bowled 12 overs before it pizzled down.
Game over sadly.
Gotta love busting your ass in the heat to get it right then no play all weekend!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Insider_Trading » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:04 pm

Reynella v Punjab Lions had a bit of controversy on Tuesday night in the T20 finals.
Punjab players threatening umpires and threatening opposition players by all reports.
Must have been some serious stuff happening.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:Reynella v Punjab Lions had a bit of controversy on Tuesday night in the T20 finals.
Punjab players threatening umpires and threatening opposition players by all reports.
Seems weird. Judging by the mycricket scorecard Punjab Lions chased the runs with 8 balls to spare.

Elsewhere SHOC lose on penalty runs after being judged to be 3 overs short in their allotted time. Costly error!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Insider_Trading » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:33 pm

heater31 wrote:
Insider_Trading wrote:Reynella v Punjab Lions had a bit of controversy on Tuesday night in the T20 finals.
Seems weird. Judging by the mycricket scorecard Punjab Lions chased the runs with 8 balls to spare.

Elsewhere SHOC lose on penalty runs after being judged to be 3 overs short in their allotted time. Costly error!

I don't know full details of Reynella game, but just heard on the grapevine.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:32 pm

Woody South v Ingle Farm not going ahead Saturday. Apparently Woody South have 16 A and B graders out with Covid or close contacts. Game will be played week 2 as a 50 over game with 2 day rules. Hopefully the Woody South boys that have Covid recover quickly.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:40 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:
heater31 wrote:

I'm sure @tigerpie has the good oil.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Trader » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:23 am

Interesting to hear the woody south / ingle farm game will be played under two day conditions.
Part of me thinks its clear that games that don't proceed on day 1 have always* become a one-day fixture week two.
But then another consideration is a willingness to be flexible given Covid.

*well not always, but its been over 15 years since we had the old one day games under two day rules.

I'm not against it, but you just wonder if it throws up a funny result, we could end up in a situation where it impacts finals.

I note the B2 fixture with Woody South has been scheduled for a 12:30 start week 2, so seems that one will just be a normal one day game as you'd expect.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:27 am

Insider_Trading wrote:
heater31 wrote:

No doubt the umpires would have been diligent and completed accurate match reports for the league to follow up on... ;) :roll:
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:49 am

Trader wrote:Interesting to hear the woody south / ingle farm game will be played under two day conditions.
Part of me thinks its clear that games that don't proceed on day 1 have always* become a one-day fixture week two.

*well not always, but its been over 15 years since we had the old one day games under two day rules.

I'm not against it, but you just wonder if it throws up a funny result, we could end up in a situation where it impacts finals.

I note the B2 fixture with Woody South has been scheduled for a 12:30 start week 2, so seems that one will just be a normal one day game as you'd expect.

As an opening bowler I used to love them, they are massively unfair IMO.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Trader wrote:Interesting to hear the woody south / ingle farm game will be played under two day conditions.

As an opening bowler I used to love them, they are massively unfair IMO.

Absolutely hated the one dayers under two day rule WTF are they even...….your either playing a two dayer or a one dayer not a hybrid.

You would have bowled your teams entire overs from one end I imagine.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:29 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "funny result". I would think there is more chance of a funny result in a traditional 2 day format. Both Woodville South and Ingle Farm will be disadvantaged in that all other games in A1 are 160 overs over 2 days which allows those teams to gather extra bonus points and possibly push for an outright result. Playing a one day game restricts the game to a maximum of 80 overs, so only half the amount of overs to get bonus points. Playing a 50 over game doesn't completely solve the problem, but at least it allows both teams more opportunity to maximise their points.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps