Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:22 pm

This sums it up nicely:

If you are angry about the Wiggles winning Triple j’ hottest you’re too old to be listening to the youth broadcaster.

PS I gave up on JJJ decades ago when that god awful Whitlams song went to no 1. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:43 pm

Wedgie wrote:This sums it up nicely:

If you are angry about the Wiggles winning Triple j’ hottest you’re too old to be listening to the youth broadcaster.

PS I gave up on JJJ decades ago when that god awful Whitlams song went to no 1. ;)
The one 'With a gun-totin' trigger-happy tranny named Kinky Renée'??
It's entertaining live though...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:49 pm

Triple J music is pure shit
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 am

Wedgie wrote:This sums it up nicely:

Oh dear!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:06 am

Armchair expert wrote:Triple J music is pure shit

I did have to laugh at how the world has changed in 30 years....

Early nineties and "Asshole' wins the triple j hottest 100 with lines such as 'handicap people pulling handicap faces' Could you imagine how the current day triple j listener would view that song...……

Not saying its a bad thing but was a real reflection on how the world has changed.

I don't get the uproar though about the Wiggles, I mean if everyone voted for it then its a worthy winner year. Its not like JJJ are just selecting their personal favourite. Keeping in mind double J played one of the early 2000 countdowns on Sunday in which Alex Lloyd Amazing won the countdown. Surely the wiggles version of Elephant was better. Albeit that same 2000 countdown had around 50 songs I still listen to today.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:16 am

whufc wrote:

Early nineties and "Asshole' wins the triple j hottest 100 with lines such as 'handicap people pulling handicap faces' Could you imagine how the current day triple j listener would view that song...……

Not saying its a bad thing but was a real reflection on how the world has changed.

I don't get the uproar though about the Wiggles, I mean if everyone voted for it then its a worthy winner year. Its not like JJJ are just selecting their personal favourite. Keeping in mind double J played one of the early 2000 countdowns on Sunday in which Alex Lloyd Amazing won the countdown. Surely the wiggles version of Elephant was better. Albeit that same 2000 countdown had around 50 songs I still listen to today.

I have no idea what criteria the voting uses but f*** me, I just tried listening to the winning song, the rest of the songs must've been pure trash if that one pipped it.

Late 90's/early 00's, the triple J hottest 100 albums were filled with great songs, I discovered so many more by listening to the albums when I hadn't heard the songs on commercial radio, triple J never really did it for me as a station.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:01 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

I have no idea what criteria the voting uses but f*** me, I just tried listening to the winning song, the rest of the songs must've been pure trash if that one pipped it.

Late 90's/early 00's, the triple J hottest 100 albums were filled with great songs, I discovered so many more by listening to the albums when I hadn't heard the songs on commercial radio, triple J never really did it for me as a station.

Anyone can vote for up to 10 songs with each vote carrying equal weight of one vote, the song with the most votes win.
whufc
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:22 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Anyone can vote for up to 10 songs with each vote carrying equal weight of one vote, the song with the most votes win.
Shows the voting system is flawed. How many people would have chucked the Wiggles in at 9 or 10 to fill a spot?

Also doesn't reflect too good on music released in 2021. People thought a children's entertainment group (The original line up still own the production company that own the Wiggles) covering a song previously recorded was better than anything else released.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:49 am

whufc wrote:I don't get the uproar though about the Wiggles, I mean if everyone voted for it then its a worthy winner year. Its not like JJJ are just selecting their personal favourite.

I recon going back 5 or so years Taylor Swift got the most votes with shake it off, but then there was an outcry that Taylor Swift was too mainstream so shouldn't be allowed to win. So they removed her from the list and bumped everyone else up one vote.

You need to be the most popular of the moderately popular song. If you are too much the most popular, you become mainstream and can't win again.

As others have mentioned, the countdown isn't what it used to be.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:53 am

Trader wrote:
whufc wrote:I don't get the uproar though about the Wiggles, I mean if everyone voted for it then its a worthy winner year. Its not like JJJ are just selecting their personal favourite.

I recon going back 5 or so years Taylor Swift got the most votes with shake it off, but then there was an outcry that Taylor Swift was too mainstream so shouldn't be allowed to win. So they removed her from the list and bumped everyone else up one vote.

You need to be the most popular of the moderately popular song. If you are too much the most popular, you become mainstream and can't win again.

As others have mentioned, the countdown isn't what it used to be.

Taylor Swift was banned because there was a really large social media campaign to vote it number 1 as a joke....... Even with the campaign it only recieved enough votes to be number 12.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-26/ ... 00/6046156

The triple J hottest 100 is the old classic case of 'back in our day' 'our generation had it better mentality'. For me the songs during the late 90's early 2000's will always been my golden era and there will never be countdowns like back then. Belting out Powderfinger tunes with 30 of your best mates wearing a wife beater, bordies and drinking cheap shit beer are memories that live forever.

We will always look at the era between 18-25 as the best era that existed and everyone else was unlucky not to be part of it.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:16 pm

I got bung eyed listening to the 2001 Hottest 100 yesterday after noon.

I pulled up a treat this morning.

I rate both!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:25 pm

Booney wrote:I got bung eyed listening to the 2001 Hottest 100 yesterday after noon.

I pulled up a treat this morning.

I rate both!

Yeah I had a good day, made a bit of money on sportsbet and won a few side bets with the mates. Helped I didn't really enjoy much of the music this year so wasn't as emotionally attached to an artist or band, was a lot more objective.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:27 pm

I still enjoy many of the 2021 Hottest 100 songs, I like listening to new stuff and really triple J is the only way to do that these days, almost all new artists on mainstream stations got their start on JJJ.

Stacey Jane are a great example, I really enjoy their music - didnt know who they were 3 months ago.

One further positive is of the 100 songs nearly half were Aussie artists. Kids are still listening to local music.

And I listened to yesterdays 2001 countdown and loved that also.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:21 pm

Fresh blue swimmers caught today, prawns, Coorong mullet & icy cold cans.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:58 pm

Spargo wrote:Fresh blue swimmers caught today, prawns, Coorong mullet & icy cold cans.

I’d do anything for love but mainly that!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:46 am

Spargo wrote:Fresh blue swimmers caught today, prawns, Coorong mullet & icy cold cans.

Her nipples must've been rock hard.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:55 am

No squid Spargo?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Booney » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:01 am

My brother now working for Seasol, my garden is looking a treat with all the samples* available.

This, in particular :

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:30 am

I hadn’t use Seasol much until this Spring/Summer (always used Yates Weed n Feed) but I won’t change again. My lawn has never looked or grown better.

I mowed Saturday morning then fertilized, I could easily mow again today
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:48 am

Corona Man wrote:

No squid Spargo?

Not many about here.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion