Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:01 am

locky801 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Watching the news and seeing videos and photos of the little girl who was murdered.
Just terrible!

Watching that on the Today Show this morning, not too proud to say I got something in my eyes. Heartbreaking

Any loss of life is bad but kids, young and innocent dont hurt anyone, worlds ****** sometimes

used to hate going to those kid of jobs when i was in the cops

And apparently the mum is pregnant to the alleged killer.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:03 am

And just when I thought the world is f*****, a 3 month old baby has been found in it's mothers freezer............................and she has been released with no charge?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:59 pm

CFS member today doing his job (more than likely a volunteer) and losing his life RIP :(
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Our poor little boy after cruciate ligament surgery today. :(

received_1041781403067723.jpeg
received_1041781403067723.jpeg (118.39 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:51 pm

Massive accident on commercial Rd, Port Adelaide, opposite kfc.
Traffic been diverted.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:50 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Massive accident on commercial Rd, Port Adelaide, opposite kfc.
Traffic been diverted.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:36 am

Summer in Spalding ending this weekend.

The town of 250 people comes alive in summer with one cricket teams, 2 x tennis teams and 2 bowls team all playing. This week sees the tennis GF and that's it for all the Spalding sides. From there everyone pretty much evacuates and heads back to Adelaide for uni, work, school etc and that special weekend vibe is gone. Best time of the year by far...….hard to put into words how much our fam loves it.

Footy is great but with the club being based around 3 towns and then everyone being split amongst a few footy sides, bunch of netty sides and those that don't play it doesn't have the same feel.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:40 am

I'd imagine you all bunker down for the winter up there before it actually hits anyway. Got the wood pile sorted?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:45 am

Booney wrote:I'd imagine you all bunker down for the winter up there before it actually hits anyway. Got the wood pile sorted?

Yeah mate always got plenty of wood...…..

We had so much this year we were able to donate roughly 200kg to the older adults in our community on top of what we needed for our own use.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:33 am

whufc wrote:Summer in Spalding ending this weekend.

The town of 250 people comes alive in summer with one cricket teams, 2 x tennis teams and 2 bowls team all playing. This week sees the tennis GF and that's it for all the Spalding sides. From there everyone pretty much evacuates and heads back to Adelaide for uni, work, school etc and that special weekend vibe is gone. Best time of the year by far...….hard to put into words how much our fam loves it.

Footy is great but with the club being based around 3 towns and then everyone being split amongst a few footy sides, bunch of netty sides and those that don't play it doesn't have the same feel.

I used to do some work for the Hamley Bridge Memorial Hospital
Same thing - go up there during the week and there were crickets and tumbleweeds
On the weekends it was full up. Sport is very important to these towns
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:36 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:I'd imagine you all bunker down for the winter up there before it actually hits anyway. Got the wood pile sorted?

Yeah mate always got plenty of wood...…..

Especially first thing in the morning ;) ;)
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:21 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
whufc wrote:Summer in Spalding ending this weekend.

I used to do some work for the Hamley Bridge Memorial Hospital
Same thing - go up there during the week and there were crickets and tumbleweeds
On the weekends it was full up. Sport is very important to these towns

Absolutely, that's how Spalding rolls. Dead during the week and then come the weekend there is whistles and sport going on everywhere. Our cricket, tennis and bowls all play at 3 different venues but within 1km of each other. Going to be awesome next year though as we have the tennis club moving to where the cricket club is so we will all be together for games. Cant wait to I get a duck and can then go watch the misses lose 6-0 in tennis, that will put a smile on the face :lol:

At a guess would say summer sport is the only thing that keeps the pub above float. Guaranteed 50-70 meals sold every Saturday Night and then thousands over the bar. Throw in all the clubs buy their alcohol solely from the pub as well for gamedays.
whufc
Coach

Postby Psyber » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:52 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:And just when I thought the world is f*****, a 3 month old baby has been found in it's mothers freezer............................and she has been released with no charge?

If she was psychotic she may be regarded as not responsible due to her mental disorder.

You have to be fairly seriously ill for that defence to work, but there are a lot of seriously psychotic people not in hospital or not being treated, as they need to be clearly "a danger to themselves or others" to be held in hospital against their will, or forced to take treatment they don't believe they need. That is not always easy to make stick even if you think it is true due to law changes that started back in the mid-1980s...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:21 pm

Psyber wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:And just when I thought the world is f*****, a 3 month old baby has been found in it's mothers freezer............................and she has been released with no charge?

If she was psychotic she may be regarded as not responsible due to her mental disorder.

You have to be fairly seriously ill for that defence to work, but there are a lot of seriously psychotic people not in hospital or not being treated, as they need to be clearly "a danger to themselves or others" to be held in hospital against their will, or forced to take treatment they don't believe they need. That is not always easy to make stick even if you think it is true due to law changes that started back in the mid-1980s...

Helps to have a vagina.
Walsh's son is psychotic too & he's locked up.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Psyber » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:46 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Helps to have a vagina.

True - the tricky bit is whether they are so Psychotic they don't register that what they are doing is "wrong" morally or in the eyes of the law.
Personally I think only a small minority of people with psychosis reach that point of not knowing their action is wrong and I've given evidence in court a few times on that issue.

Some of the more severely ill are detained in hospital for assessment and determination of that issue. Sometimes a clever lawyer gets someone off on the basis of psychosis, and it turns out they were not that psychotic.

Another issue that gets some people off is having a rage reactions due to Temporal Lobe Epilepsy which can cause automated behaviour in a technically unconscious state. That is rare but perhaps more convincing that just having psychotic delusions.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby gazzamagoo » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:26 pm

Psyber wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
Psyber wrote:

Helps to have a vagina.

True - the tricky bit is whether they are so Psychotic they don't register that what they are doing is "wrong" morally or in the eyes of the law.
Personally I think only a small minority of people with psychosis reach that point of not knowing their action is wrong and I've given evidence in court a few times on that issue.

Some of the more severely ill are detained in hospital for assessment and determination of that issue. Sometimes a clever lawyer gets someone off on the basis of psychosis, and it turns out they were not that psychotic.

Another issue that gets some people off is having a rage reactions due to Temporal Lobe Epilepsy which can cause automated behaviour in a technically unconscious state. That is rare but perhaps more convincing that just having psychotic delusions.

You mean like when Fester meets Cornesy?
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:31 am

Rod Marsh passing away, my favourite cricketer during the golden age of cricket. RIP Bacchus :(
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:36 am

Wedgie wrote:Rod Marsh passing away, my favourite cricketer during the golden age of cricket. RIP Bacchus :(

Yes, very sad indeed. :(
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby am Bays » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Rod Marsh passing away, my favourite cricketer during the golden age of cricket. RIP Bacchus :(

Another part of my childhood gone.

Tearing up as I write this
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:46 am

am Bays wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Another part of my childhood gone.

Tearing up as I write this

100% agree a hero of mine as a kid.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion