PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Maybe a couple of dinner vouchers at the comps sponsors could smooth it over.

Eww.. you ever eaten there? Don't think NEK have done anything wrong to deserve that shit.

Under new management, the place has improved tenfold.

Which comps sponsor gives out dinner vouchers?
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:20 am

The Old Fellow wrote:Which comps sponsor gives out dinner vouchers?

Probably none
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:05 am

Thoughts on tomorrow evenings delegates meeting? Whispers about that a decision will be made on the remainder of the season - SACA encouraging community comps to wrap up ASAP.

Heard Grade 1 & 2 might just be one day games next 3 weeks then into finals for all grades.

Women's might be one more T20 next week and then finals.

Personally I'm pretty keen for that - cricket seasons feel like they go on fooooreeeevver!!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:33 am

The Bedge wrote:Thoughts on tomorrow evenings delegates meeting? Whispers about that a decision will be made on the remainder of the season - SACA encouraging community comps to wrap up ASAP.

Heard Grade 1 & 2 might just be one day games next 3 weeks then into finals for all grades.

Personally I'm pretty keen for that - cricket seasons feel like they go on fooooreeeevver!!

Arent we now in the peak of the virus......according to the medical professionals.

If that's the case aren't we now seeing it as bad as its going to be and that in two months time when finals kick off there might be less cases.

Whether you end it now or later your going to have some teams missing more than others and some missing crucial players why others missing not as key players.

You throw in Feb being the hottest month of the year and there is a fair chance your going to have finals decide by heat policy.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:50 am

January is generally the hottest month of the year.

The theory is once kids go back to school, cases may increase and whilst parents might not be sick they'll be deemed close contacts and be isolating anyway - more chance than currently.

Obviously moving towards finals sooner also reduces the risk of having a number of teams unable to fill sides as there will be less sides participating.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:55 am

The Bedge wrote:January is generally the hottest month of the year.

The theory is once kids go back to school, cases may increase and whilst parents might not be sick they'll be deemed close contacts and be isolating anyway - more chance than currently.

Obviously moving towards finals sooner also reduces the risk of having a number of teams unable to fill sides as there will be less sides participating.

Yeah I guess the league is on a hiding to nothing, there is going to be some teams happy, some teams unhappy if they are affected.

I just think enough cricket has been missed over the last few years we should be trying to play as much of it as possible when we can.

I also think restrictions are easing by the week, give it a couple of months and there is a fair chance 'close contacts' wont be a thing.
Last edited by whufc on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:58 am

whufc wrote:I just think enough cricket has been missed over the last few years we should be trying to play as much of it as possible when we can.

Ya reckon? Off the top of my head, I think we have missed maybe 4 weeks total? Finals a couple years ago, and two weeks last season (which one game was made up).
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I just think enough cricket has been missed over the last few years we should be trying to play as much of it as possible when we can.

Ya reckon? Off the top of my head, I think we have missed maybe 4 weeks total? Finals a couple years ago, and two weeks last season (which one game was made up).

Didn't we have two seasons where games were called off due to lockdowns.....could be wrong, its getting blurred.

Also think restrictions are easing by the week, give it a couple of months and there is a fair chance 'close contacts' wont be a thing.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:02 pm

All will be revealed this week anyway.

I sense a condensed season for some grades, I think that would be most logical thing to do, it will sever my comeback this season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Thoughts on tomorrow evenings delegates meeting? Whispers about that a decision will be made on the remainder of the season - SACA encouraging community comps to wrap up ASAP.

SACA encouraging community comps to wrap up ASAP. What a joke. They are bringing their season forward one whole week by playing the last round over 1 weekend so they have 3 straight weeks of Saturday, Sunday cricket including finals. ATCA & ASCA not changing their seasons.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:39 pm

Well regardless what happens, definitely seems like two day games will be scrapped - and i doubt anyone is gonna want to play Sat/Sun games unless it's finals.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:Well regardless what happens, definitely seems like two day games will be scrapped - and i doubt anyone is gonna want to play Sat/Sun games unless it's finals.

Less chance of losing half a side in one hit.

I'd be trying to find the quickest way to determine a fair finals set up, even if it means having a bye round and having 4th vs 5th play-off to make the finals if it's that close.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:02 pm

SACA want all 2 day cricket pulled across all Comps.

PDCA will play the rest of the season as One Dayers.

Only questions that remain are how many rounds will remain, considering as we are already 2 rounds into the last cycle.

At the Captains meeting it was suggested we play 50/50s with an earlier start later finish, but that was the Captains view not the clubs.

My bet is it will land on 40/40 One Dayers, with each playing each other 1 more time, season finshes a week early with One Day finals.

Possibly 50/50 finals in G1/2 if supported.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:04 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:SACA want all 2 day cricket pulled across all Comps.

Only questions that remain are how many rounds will remain, considering as we are already 2 rounds into the last cycle.

At the Captains meeting it was suggested we play 50/50s with an earlier start later finish, but that was the Captains view not the clubs.

My bet is it will land on 40/40 One Dayers, with each playing each other 1 more time, season finshes a week early with One Day finals.

Grades 1 and 2 won't be playing one day finals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:SACA want all 2 day cricket pulled across all Comps.

Grades 1 and 2 won't be playing one day finals.
That will be in the hands of the clubs. Would you want to finish a season in One Day mode then back into Two Dayers just for finals? That is the question.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:28 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:[That will be in the hands of the clubs. Would you want to finish a season in One Day mode then back into Two Dayers just for finals? That is the question.

Yeah, for sure, if I thought we had the best two day side.

Angle Vale can get 80% of their overs out of Townley and the two Carman's, Davies and Travvy can bowl the majority of the overs for Westies, they get ripped off if each bowler can only bowl 20% of their overs.

Smithfield in G2 would love one dayers.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Eggy » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:[That will be in the hands of the clubs. Would you want to finish a season in One Day mode then back into Two Dayers just for finals? That is the question.

Yeah, for sure, if I thought we had the best two day side.

Angle Vale can get 80% of their overs out of Townley and the two Carman's, Davies and Travvy can bowl the majority of the overs for Westies, they get ripped off if each bowler can only bowl 20% of their overs.

Smithfield in G2 would love one dayers.

1 day cricket is rubbish. If it’s not 2 day games it’s not worth playing!
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:30 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Would you want to finish a season in One Day mode then back into Two Dayers just for finals? That is the question.

For Grade 1 and 2 haven't they played all their matches so far as two dayers? You're talking potentially 3-6 games of one dayers?

Not much different to the normal 7-7 format of previous years.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:33 pm

Eggy wrote:1 day cricket is rubbish. If it’s not 2 day games it’s not worth playing!

I agree.. and 1 day games probably suit our club better.

2 day games separate the pretenders from the contenders - any player can have a day out in a 1 day game and help his side snag an unlikely win, but a 2 day game is more a war of attrition.

Then again.. i'm learning more and more that i'm in the minority and 2 day cricket is for dinosaurs. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:36 pm

All valid points. Better get in your delegates ears becuase whatever is decided tomorrow night is going to be final.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps