PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:38 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:All valid points. Better get in your delegates ears becuase whatever is decided tomorrow night is going to be final.

Would be nice if perhaps clubs were given some potential options to take to our members before the meeting, and come prepared with a choice. :)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:All valid points. Better get in your delegates ears becuase whatever is decided tomorrow night is going to be final.

Would be nice if perhaps clubs were given some potential options to take to our members before the meeting, and come prepared with a choice. :)

Problem with that is the clubs will all start doing the math if there is not a whole round completed and work out the best scenarios for each of their sides.

More time clubs have to make a decision the more they will vote on how it affects there ladder position this season rather than what’s a fair way to end the season.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:56 pm

You give clubs too much credit.. half aren’t that clever.. and if they are, then they’d have already worked their finals projections/needs/risks.

However, on the contrary I fear not enough notice on options will see clubs potentially make ill-informed decisions, and possibly decisions not reflected by their broader member base… it also means the delegates meeting will go on forever and ever and Tyrone will get cranky. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:03 pm

Its complicated any way you approach it. A very difficult task for Secretary Clarkson. Grounds have to be managed to ensure no lower grades are interupted, the fairness of any remaining draw can only be considered so far.

I am sure an agreed outcome will come from the clubs tomorrow, some players will be happy, some not so much. Such is life
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:18 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Its complicated any way you approach it. A very difficult task for Secretary Clarkson. Grounds have to be managed to ensure no lower grades are interupted, the fairness of any remaining draw can only be considered so far.

I am sure an agreed outcome will come from the clubs tomorrow, some players will be happy, some not so much. Such is life

Yeah that’s why I’m confused as to why it’s happening.

-We aren’t going into lockdown again.
-Community sports isnt getting cancelled again because of Covid restrictions
-We’ve taken the advice from the medical professionals this entire time who are saying we are right in the peak of the cases and your talking about moving finals into the peak.
-Personally time is in your favour IMO, restrictions are only getting eased from here especially close contacts, and those who have caught it have a small period of immunity so they won’t catch it again
-by giving time players who are super keen can make some plans to avoid going to large places, some could even take annual leave GF week if so inclined and keen to play etc
-by moving it forward does not guarantee more players will be available so why make a change when you can’t guarantee it’s a solution anyway.
-your potentially throwing a greater weather risk
whufc
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:38 pm

SACA as the over arching body have made that call to formally recommend it. I believe all the other suburban leagues are following. But would be interested if anyone here knows that for sure.

SACA rep will be at the meeting to answer any questions about the health advice they have.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:45 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:SACA as the over arching body have made that call to formally recommend it. I believe all the other suburban leagues are following. But would be interested if anyone here knows that for sure.

SACA rep will be at the meeting to answer any questions about the health advice they have.

It will be interesting to what is the health advice they’ve been given.
whufc
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:26 pm

SACA are going back to two day games in their competition from this weekend onwards, so maybe they're not listening to their own advice :D

Do as I say, not as I do?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:39 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:SACA as the over arching body have made that call to formally recommend it. I believe all the other suburban leagues are following. But would be interested if anyone here knows that for sure.

As TC says SACA aren't even taking their own advice. Their Premier Cricket Committee met last night and decided that the balance of the season are all 2 day games. ATCA's program is not changing while ASCA, although they are reviewing theirs at the end of every round their preferred choice is that their season doesn't change and to play finals at the end of March, as per the notice from their President, Phil Davis sent to clubs. So if PDCA change they will be the only ones. I would hope that the Exec are aware of the position of the other comps, and inform the clubs prior to any voting.

Agree with Bedge. It would help clubs in making an informative decision if they were told of the choices before the meeting and then vote as their club wants instead of a gut feel personal decision, which may differs to what their club finally wants.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:50 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Problem with that is the clubs will all start doing the math if there is not a whole round completed and work out the best scenarios for each of their sides.

More time clubs have to make a decision the more they will vote on how it affects there ladder position this season rather than what’s a fair way to end the season.

Y'all.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:40 am

whufc wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:Its complicated any way you approach it. A very difficult task for Secretary Clarkson. Grounds have to be managed to ensure no lower grades are interupted, the fairness of any remaining draw can only be considered so far.

Yeah that’s why I’m confused as to why it’s happening.

-We aren’t going into lockdown again.
-Community sports isnt getting cancelled again because of Covid restrictions
-We’ve taken the advice from the medical professionals this entire time who are saying we are right in the peak of the cases and your talking about moving finals into the peak.
-Personally time is in your favour IMO, restrictions are only getting eased from here especially close contacts, and those who have caught it have a small period of immunity so they won’t catch it again
-by giving time players who are super keen can make some plans to avoid going to large places, some could even take annual leave GF week if so inclined and keen to play etc
-by moving it forward does not guarantee more players will be available so why make a change when you can’t guarantee it’s a solution anyway.
-your potentially throwing a greater weather risk

You're over thinking it son and you've got yourself confused.

They aren't 100% saying cancel the season, or shorten the season or whatever.. they're advising to change any remaining two day games to one day games to help avoid impacts from covid.

No good having half a team impacted from week 1 to week 2 this late in the season.. whereas one dayers are slightly easier to manage.

The discussion around a shortened season comes into play when you start thinking what's fair and equitable really - take women's cricket for instance, there is only 1x 2 day game scheduled before finals - is there any point in playing those two weeks? May as well just play the final round Monday and move into finals.

Grade 3-5: They have 2x more 1 day games, and finish with 2x 2 dayers - may as well just play all one days and finish early.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:37 am

Finals are Saturday/Sunday anyway so the chances of a game being affected from Covid is pretty slim.

I cant buy your 'might as well just play all one days and finish early'...……...why???? Covid restrictions are only going to easy, what benefit is there to playing finals in February over playing them in March. Unless the health professionals say they expect an significant increase in cases in March I think its ludicrous to move finals to the current restrictions. Close contract rules are not going to get tightened so why move finals to a period where they are as tight as they are going to be. If anything by March you will only have to isolate if you are a positive case and close contacts wont need to isolate. Also by March booster vaccinations rates will be higher than in February so according to the health professionals it should be 'safer' by then.

Then there is the whole SACA now allowing 2 day games so if the rule isn't good enough for them why should other leagues follow.
whufc
Coach

Postby Slowleftarm » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:53 am

The Bedge wrote:
Eggy wrote:1 day cricket is rubbish. If it’s not 2 day games it’s not worth playing!

I agree.. and 1 day games probably suit our club better.

2 day games separate the pretenders from the contenders - any player can have a day out in a 1 day game and help his side snag an unlikely win, but a 2 day game is more a war of attrition.

Then again.. i'm learning more and more that i'm in the minority and 2 day cricket is for dinosaurs. :lol:

Give me 2 day cricket for sure
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:55 am

whufc wrote:Finals are Saturday/Sunday anyway so the chances of a game being affected from Covid is pretty slim.

I cant buy your 'might as well just play all one days and finish early'...……...why???? Covid restrictions are only going to easy, what benefit is there to playing finals in February over playing them in March. Unless the health professionals say they expect an significant increase in cases in March I think its ludicrous to move finals to the current restrictions. Close contract rules are not going to get tightened so why move finals to a period where they are as tight as they are going to be. If anything by March you will only have to isolate if you are a positive case and close contacts wont need to isolate. Also by March booster vaccinations rates will be higher than in February so according to the health professionals it should be 'safer' by then.

Then there is the whole SACA now allowing 2 day games so if the rule isn't good enough for them why should other leagues follow.

I think one dayers is the most practical option. you can potentially wipe out a whole team in between Saturdays, at least you plan for a mass ISO for a one day match.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:57 am

whufc wrote:Finals are Saturday/Sunday anyway so the chances of a game being affected from Covid is pretty slim.

Lucky our decisions don't impact you then :P

Personally I'm not particularly keen playing back to back one day games against sides just for the sake of filling in the weekends - especially when majority of the grades are already set.

Finals aren't the games that they're worried about being impacted goose! It's the Sat/Sat minor rounds games.

Plus one day games from here on in would result in SF 26/27 Feb and GF 5/6 March - with potential for wiggle room if impacted.

Regardless its a big decision - if they play on as is and in two weeks the comp is decimated by people stuck in their homes, it'll be a real **** you moment.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:57 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I think one dayers is the most practical option. you can potentially wipe out a whole team in between Saturdays, at least you plan for a mass ISO for a one day match.

Oh look - someone actually gets it! 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:00 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Lucky our decisions don't impact you then :P

Personally I'm not particularly keen playing back to back one day games against sides just for the sake of filling in the weekends - especially when majority of the grades are already set.

Finals aren't the games that they're worried about being impacted goose! It's the Sat/Sat minor rounds games.

Plus one day games from here on in would result in SF 26/27 Feb and GF 5/6 March - with potential for wiggle room if impacted.

Regardless its a big decision - if they play on as is and in two weeks the comp is decimated by people stuck in their homes, it'll be a real **** you moment.

We can swap if you want.....you can play in my one day finals in two weeks time and ill come take my chances on being well in March to play 2 day cricket.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:02 pm

whufc wrote:We can swap if you want.....you can play in my one day finals in two weeks time and ill come take my chances on being well in March to play 2 day cricket.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deal.. and then in March when your opposition is decimated by Covid so PDCA decide to announce the match a draw and you lose coz you finished lower on the ladder, don't cry to me. 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:06 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:We can swap if you want.....you can play in my one day finals in two weeks time and ill come take my chances on being well in March to play 2 day cricket....

Deal.. and then in March when your opposition is decimated by Covid so PDCA decide to announce the match a draw and you lose coz you finished lower on the ladder, don't cry to me. 8)

Don't worry we have our finals in February and they have never had a finals series where every game gets played...…...apparently. Its' a 3 week finals series and every year there is at least one Saturday lost. They cant move the season back though because of the bloody farmers.

That's why this year they have introduced the rule that every team has to be prepared to play on the Sunday if the Saturday is heated/rained out. If Sunday is also called off then bad luck.

We also have the double chance finals system so the minor round is really crucial which we have ****** up this year :lol: :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:30 pm

You would be spewing if they revert to one dayers only and you miss out on playing a bottom team in a two dayer and missing out on a potential outright, especially if other teams got outright wins against them
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps