PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:37 pm

whufc wrote:You would be spewing if they revert to one dayers only and you miss out on playing a bottom team in a two dayer and missing out on a potential outright, especially if other teams got outright wins against them

Always a hard luck story for someone.. I'd be more spewing if I was OTH - they won outright round 1 and Eyre Royals picked up average winning points for it.. and then had their match washed out last week against Eyre which would've all but finalised the top 4.

Now they find themselves less than a game inside the 4.

Grade 1 - Units 3/7 lost outright, finish season with Eastern Park, Angle Vale, Salisbury West - all three likely to play finals regardless.
Grade 2 - North Pines 4/7 lost outright, finish season with NEK, Parafield Gardens, Eyre Royals - Parafield Gardens would be the only team might consider themselves unlucky.. but then again they're only 2pts ahead of NP and could lose that game themselves let alone win outright.

IMO if you're relying on an outright result in the last 3 rounds of the season, then you only have yourself to blame.. hardly something to be spewing about.

You're clutching at straws now.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Season to remain as planned
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby BenchedEagle » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:21 pm

The status quo prevails. Clubs voted to continue in the same 2 day format for mens.

Not a surprising result after hearing other leagues ignored SACAs recommendation.

Play on.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:39 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Season to remain as planned

Common sense prevails
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Old Fellow » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:16 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:The status quo prevails. Clubs voted to continue in the same 2 day format for mens.

Not a surprising result after hearing other leagues ignored SACAs recommendation.

Play on.

Including themselves.

Common sense does prevails, but now it's a wait and see if Covid does interrupt the season. But until then, as you say play on.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:24 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:You would be spewing if they revert to one dayers only and you miss out on playing a bottom team in a two dayer and missing out on a potential outright, especially if other teams got outright wins against them

Always a hard luck story for someone.. I'd be more spewing if I was OTH - they won outright round 1 and Eyre Royals picked up average winning points for it.. and then had their match washed out last week against Eyre which would've all but finalised the top 4.

Now they find themselves less than a game inside the 4.

Grade 1 - Units 3/7 lost outright, finish season with Eastern Park, Angle Vale, Salisbury West - all three likely to play finals regardless.
Grade 2 - North Pines 4/7 lost outright, finish season with NEK, Parafield Gardens, Eyre Royals - Parafield Gardens would be the only team might consider themselves unlucky.. but then again they're only 2pts ahead of NP and could lose that game themselves let alone win outright.

IMO if you're relying on an outright result in the last 3 rounds of the season, then you only have yourself to blame.. hardly something to be spewing about.

You're clutching at straws now.

Royals would've smashed the Goats :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:31 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:The status quo prevails. Clubs voted to continue in the same 2 day format for mens.

Play on.

Including themselves.

Common sense does prevails, but now it's a wait and see if Covid does interrupt the season. But until then, as you say play on.

It's going to interrupt the season from the point of view at times teams are going to be missing players and there maybe the odd lower grade team that has to forfeit but that is the current situation anyway.

Being a keen cricketer I'm going to be getting all my partying urges, dining out experience etc out the way in the next few weeks so that way come the three weeks of finals (which we play) I can stay super local and do my best to avoid catching it.....also in a fortunate situation I can work from home if necessary so I've arrange for the last two weeks of the season to work from home so I'm really limiting my outings haha.

I guess clubs and players will need to take the necessary steps to try and avoid a major impact in those crucial weeks. At least now they have time to plan. I've heard some clubs suggest they might stagger training nights for each senior side to avoid less contact with one another etc.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:37 am

whufc wrote:

Common sense prevails

We'll see.

Wait til a game is in the balance and dependent on a result for a finals berth then on week 2 there's a case amongst a team and the dude trained and had beers after training on a Thursday night forcing 8 into ISO.

If I was coaching a side, I'd skip the Thursday mid-game training for now or find some way to condense it.

All bullshit aside, I'd just tell my players to not get tested.

At the end of the day it was the club's decision, there is no point clamping one on if they get stitched on a technicality.

Virginia have a tough run home, they can ruin the dance for any of their 3 opponents as the importance of a higher finish on the table is massive again this year, the season can go tits up at any stage.

How injured is Benny?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:39 am

whufc wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:

Play on.

Including themselves.

It's going to interrupt the season from the point of view at times teams are going to be missing players and there maybe the odd lower grade team that has to forfeit but that is the current situation anyway.

Being a keen cricketer I'm going to be getting all my partying urges, dining out experience etc out the way in the next few weeks so that way come the three weeks of finals (which we play) I can stay super local and do my best to avoid catching it.....also in a fortunate situation I can work from home if necessary so I've arrange for the last two weeks of the season to work from home so I'm really limiting my outings haha.

I guess clubs and players will need to take the necessary steps to try and avoid a major impact in those crucial weeks. At least now they have time to plan. I've heard some clubs suggest they might stagger training nights for each senior side to avoid less contact with one another etc.

You've been living in Wandin Valley too long mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:47 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:

Play on.

Including themselves.

You've been living in Wandin Valley too long mate.

Like you said though there is ways to avoid or limit it....like don't train mid game week together until finals. Maybe don't have after much pressos until finals....there are a few options.

If you could have guaranteed that in 3 weeks time 100% of players would be available then yeah sure bring the finals forward, but as it stands there is no medical professional advice to say the situation is going to worse in 6-7 weeks compared to what it is now.

At least by having the original finish date you have 1. time that close contact rules might change by then and 2. clubs/players have time to prepare and put some strategies in place to limit it and if you are a serious cricketer you have more time to talk with work etc about time off for GF week if your in a position to do so. 3. more people should have had the booster by then so in theory it will be 'safer'.

I just cant see how time isn't on your side.

Either way teams are going to miss players that is simply going to happen but at least now clubs and players have a chance of some sort to do something about it.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:53 am

whufc wrote:
Like you said though there is ways to avoid or limit it....like don't train mid game week together until finals. Maybe don't have after much pressos until finals....there are a few options.

If you could have guaranteed that in 3 weeks time 100% of players would be available then yeah sure bring the finals forward, but as it stands there is no medical professional advice to say the situation is going to worse in 6-7 weeks compared to what it is now.

At least by having the original finish date you have 1. time that close contact rules might change by then and 2. clubs/players have time to prepare and put some strategies in place to limit it and if you are a serious cricketer you have more time to talk with work etc about time off for GF week if your in a position to do so. 3. more people should have had the booster by then so in theory it will be 'safer'.

I just cant see how time isn't on your side.

Either way teams are going to miss players that is simply going to happen but at least now clubs and players have a chance of some sort to do something about it.

It doesn't matter how many times you've been jabbed, if you have COVID or you're a close contact you are in ISO, you're just in longer if you're a virgin.

It is a load of flog, it is out of anyone's hands but the Government and yes, the goal posts change on a regular basis without much sense.

I can rattle off at least 25 people I know that have been affected, I know someone who has a 3 week old baby that she can't see atm who is staying with her mum who is also in ISO as a close contact, it's just all insane.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:58 am

I don't disagree with that whatsoever but as a sporting competition they all have taken the 'medical professionals' advice the entire time so based on that the theory is you are safer being vaccinated.

The close contact rules however are getting loosened by the fortnight...….only a month ago you had to be with someone for 15 minutes and then had to have tests days 1 and 6.

No we are out to having to spend 4 hours with them or live with them.

Soon it will only be if you develop symptoms.
Last edited by whufc on Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:58 am

Is what it is, play on.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:04 am

whufc wrote:At least by having the original finish date you have 1. time that close contact rules might change by then and 2. clubs/players have time to prepare and put some strategies in place to limit it and if you are a serious cricketer you have more time to talk with work etc about time off for GF week if your in a position to do so. 3. more people should have had the booster by then so in theory it will be 'safer'..

Feel like this comment is a little naive and short sighted - you're insinuating that teams will only be affected internally by their own players impacting other players. That's not the case. The biggest risk to clubs at the moment is players being forced into isolation due to their child being a close contact, contracting themselves, or being a close contact (work/family etc).

The bottom line is if you have 20 members, who happen to become close contacts during the week in 15 different settings, that's going to impact.

As it is, our U10s and women have had the biggest issues - couple kids get covid, couple are isolating.. suddenly you're 4/5 down from an already small squad.

Anyway it's pointless arguing this - clubs made their decision, we respect it and move forward, and what happens happens.. truth is i'm not fussed about the season length, but as a volunteer I certainly wasn't going to complain if it came back a few weeks. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:05 am

whufc wrote:I don't disagree with that whatsoever but as a sporting competition they all have taken the 'medical professionals' advice the entire time so based on that the theory is you are safer being vaccinated.

The close contact rules however are getting loosened by the fortnight...….only a month ago you had to be with someone for 15 minutes and then had to have tests days 1 and 6.

I'm glad you have some faith in the system.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:07 am

The Bedge wrote:Is what it is, play on.

You're going to act on the suggestion I made Sunday hey?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:I don't disagree with that whatsoever but as a sporting competition they all have taken the 'medical professionals' advice the entire time so based on that the theory is you are safer being vaccinated.

I'm glad you have some faith in the system.

Not so much faith but more a case I'm too lazy to march on parliament steps to get my freedoms back :shock:
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:25 am

whufc wrote:
Not so much faith but more a case I'm too lazy to march on parliament steps to get my freedoms back :shock:

Yeah, I don't really think we've lost much, I can't sit at the bar at the pub and have to wear a face nappy in the shops, no big imposition.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Eggy » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Common sense prevails

We'll see.

Wait til a game is in the balance and dependent on a result for a finals berth then on week 2 there's a case amongst a team and the dude trained and had beers after training on a Thursday night forcing 8 into ISO.

If I was coaching a side, I'd skip the Thursday mid-game training for now or find some way to condense it.

All bullshit aside, I'd just tell my players to not get tested.

At the end of the day it was the club's decision, there is no point clamping one on if they get stitched on a technicality.

Virginia have a tough run home, they can ruin the dance for any of their 3 opponents as the importance of a higher finish on the table is massive again this year, the season can go tits up at any stage.

How injured is Benny?

Who gets 8 players to training halfway through a game ?
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:16 pm

Benny only missed a game because the PDCA wanted to make an example of our skipper! He would have played otherwise.. he does have a sore driver but he will be playing this week, probably won’t bowl to give himself an extra couple of weeks and then have him 100% for the last 2 games! Unless he is needed against the mighty units of course
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps