Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:41 pm

Need someone to manage the egos in the team

would not be the easiest job in the world
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dinglinga75 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:51 pm

Not one current player has come out and thanked Langer for his time
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby locky801 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:02 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:Not one current player has come out and thanked Langer for his time

Pathetic isnt it :oops: :oops:

Just read Langers resignation letter, pure class, no whinging, no abuse, just saying how it is, shows the type of man he is IMHO
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:26 pm

Says a lot really
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dinglinga75 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:39 pm

Was Cummins pissweak or toeing the company line .....
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:42 pm

Give him a break, he’s been captain for 2 minutes
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby heater31 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:51 pm

Brodlach wrote:Give him a break, he’s been captain for 2 minutes
He would be well aware of the issues from the snowflake playing group!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:49 pm

The Langer saga has bigger implications throughout cricket and sport. If you as a player whinge and complain and have enough conspirators, you can remove a good/great coach/leader. I don't think CA realise that by following this lead, it sets the example at local level/junior level. In this instance, the dog waggeth the tail and it sets a really bad precedence for cricket throughout the country.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:50 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Need someone to manage the egos in the team

would not be the easiest job in the world

Ego's... that's the dirty word. No point having a coach if you can't put your ego's aside.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:56 pm

I have no doubt the Bowlers got JL, he seemed to have a good relationship with the bats

Either way its a role that you could only do for 3-4 years anyway, it would be very taxing
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:57 pm

gadj1976 wrote:The Langer saga has bigger implications throughout cricket and sport. If you as a player whinge and complain and have enough conspirators, you can remove a good/great coach/leader. I don't think CA realise that by following this lead, it sets the example at local level/junior level. In this instance, the dog waggeth the tail and it sets a really bad precedence for cricket throughout the country.

Its been happening in sport at all levels for a long time ....

Was Langer a hard task master or just a C&^T.
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:00 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:The Langer saga has bigger implications throughout cricket and sport. If you as a player whinge and complain and have enough conspirators, you can remove a good/great coach/leader. I don't think CA realise that by following this lead, it sets the example at local level/junior level. In this instance, the dog waggeth the tail and it sets a really bad precedence for cricket throughout the country.

To be honest, at that level, who cares? It's a result driver organisation, is it not? I always advocate at that level, get on board or get the f*** out of the way. Seriously, it's a multi million dollar business.

BUT this is the problem with society nowadays.

When appointing junior coaches, I'm not advocating coaches yelling at kids but if coaches aren't able to bring kids into line, what hope do we have as junior administrators? They revolt, till they get the coach they want? A yes man perhaps?
gadj1976
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:50 am

Australia have named their test squad for the tour of Pakistan-

Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner.

Richardson not selected as he is being managed due to his injury issues.
Agar comes into the test squad.

The first test starts the 4th of March.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:06 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Dinglinga75 wrote:

To be honest, at that level, who cares? It's a result driver organisation, is it not? I always advocate at that level, get on board or get the f*** out of the way. Seriously, it's a multi million dollar business.

BUT this is the problem with society nowadays.

When appointing junior coaches, I'm not advocating coaches yelling at kids but if coaches aren't able to bring kids into line, what hope do we have as junior administrators? They revolt, till they get the coach they want? A yes man perhaps?

Maybe the group was told by CA to get the results and they will listen, maybe they were playing shit 12 months ago because they had poor off-field leadership and no one respected him, maybe Paine had something to do with the bigger picture too?

It's a bit ironic how both recent successes came from him not being around, perhaps the light (Langers contract) at the end of the tunnel gave the playing group the inspiration to perform better? A cricket coach is basically a figurehead IMO, the captain does most of the bullocking, he makes the decisions on-field, I think there's a lot more to reveal from behind closed doors, hence why no one has come out and wished Langer well or thanked him for his services, perhaps he was just an outright unapproachable prick?

He seems to have that sense of arrogance and nastiness about him, something we loved about the way he played the game.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:33 am

Would have looked worse if Cummins etc had come out publicly and supported Langer, even though internally they didn’t, and the CA not reappoint him.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:38 am

That footage of Paine talking to Langer about some of the players preferring some positivity coming from the coach every now and then was damning... "whatever, what else do you have?" response from JL tells you all you need to know about the situation.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:42 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Australia have named their test squad for the tour of Pakistan-

Pat Cummins (c), Ashton Agar, Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Marcus Harris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Head, Josh Inglis, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Michael Neser, Steve Smith (vc), Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner.

Agar is the only one I cant agree with. Surely his not the third best spinner in the country at shield level. Admittedly I haven't looked up his stats this year.

Other than that its pretty much what most would have picked. Would have loved to see Street or Hunt go over for the experience but I guess the purse strings are tight at CA at the moment with everything covid has thrown at them.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby David Brent » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:48 am

whufc wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Australia have named their test squad for the tour of Pakistan-

Agar is the only one I cant agree with. Surely his not the third best spinner in the country at shield level. Admittedly I haven't looked up his stats this year.

Other than that its pretty much what most would have picked. Would have loved to see Street or Hunt go over for the experience but I guess the purse strings are tight at CA at the moment with everything covid has thrown at them.

Left Armer & fact he can hold a bat bit gets Agar across the line I think. He's going over as third choice will only play if they need extra batting depth but with Green there now doubt that happens.

I thought Pukovski might have been straight back in for Harris but guess they want him to find his feet at shield level for rest of the year.
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
David Brent
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 161 times

Postby whufc » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:58 am

I think Puvoski is miles off.

Could be wrong but it was just the concussion issue is was struggling with but also having some mental health issues.

I think CA are pretty keen to just let him go and enjoy cricket for a year and see where it takes him and what his appetite to succeed is.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:11 am

David Brent wrote:
Left Armer & fact he can hold a bat bit gets Agar across the line I think. He's going over as third choice will only play if they need extra batting depth but with Green there now doubt that happens.

I thought Pukovski might have been straight back in for Harris but guess they want him to find his feet at shield level for rest of the year.

At least the short ball won't be an issue in the sub-continent.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket