ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:08 am

Insider_Trading wrote:Looks like the Adelaide Rockets have been put into the quarter finals in place of Reynella/Lions in the Div 2 finals.

I Would love to know how they came up with this choice, they were well and truly beat in their knockout game and i would have thought it would be looked with the better loss as such so Brahma or Pembroke. or is it based on something completely different that I am missing
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:32 am

I haven't looked but I would guess they had the best ranking of the losers after the group stage?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:32 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Insider_Trading wrote:Looks like the Adelaide Rockets have been put into the quarter finals in place of Reynella/Lions in the Div 2 finals.

I Would love to know how they came up with this choice, they were well and truly beat in their knockout game and i would have thought it would be looked with the better loss as such so Brahma or Pembroke. or is it based on something completely different that I am missing

Alphabetical
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

ATCA

Postby Groover » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:59 pm

Last edited by Groover on Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

ATCA

Postby Groover » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:03 pm

Going through the ladders they were probably next best ranked
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 386 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby no_remorse28 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:31 pm

In Div 1 T20 finals Kensington have progressed instead of Adelaide Uni, I believe due to Adelaide Uni fielding players deemed ineligible as they wernt in the initial squads labled 'development' squads submitted to ATCA for the comp at the start of of season.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby helicopterking » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:04 am

A1-Goodwood win throws a spanner in the works for top 4. A battle for 3rd and 4th now on.
A2- Fulham have a habit of dropping a close one, could finish just outside the 4 now. Tight at the top Of ladder, not much between the top 7.
A3s- Couple of standout teams, GG with a few stand out bats making the difference.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:42 pm

helicopterking wrote:A1-Goodwood win throws a spanner in the works for top 4. A battle for 3rd and 4th now on.
A2- Fulham have a habit of dropping a close one, could finish just outside the 4 now. Tight at the top Of ladder, not much between the top 7.
A3s- Couple of standout teams, GG with a few stand out bats making the difference.

That was a great effort by Goodwood to chase down PAOC's 259 and will give them great confidence when they take on Ingle Farm next game. I'm looking forward to the Pooraka (Hanson) v Woodville South (Hoffman) encounter. Could be an absolute run fest and I'm tipping Pooraka to go 350+ again and get the chocolates.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Under_Scrutiny » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:06 am

helicopterking wrote:A1-Goodwood win throws a spanner in the works for top 4. A battle for 3rd and 4th now on.

A1- Goodwood have done well in their return to top flight, although should be no real surprise with their huge club numbers. Para Hills just keep doing enough to keep the challengers at bay. Most even side in comp.
A2 - Super tight comp. Gepps X also done well in their return to Divy 2, but another club with large numbers. Old Scotch will look to return to A1 quickly for my tip.
A3- Golden Grove should atone for last years disappointment.
Under_Scrutiny
Rookie

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Trader » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:09 am

no_remorse28 wrote:In Div 1 T20 finals Kensington have progressed instead of Adelaide Uni, I believe due to Adelaide Uni fielding players deemed ineligible as they wernt in the initial squads labled 'development' squads submitted to ATCA for the comp at the start of of season.

Yeah the comp has been kicking sides out for a while and yet clubs continue to do it. Already been three teams kicked out this season.

Adel Uni Div 1
Kensi Div 2
Reynella Div 2

I wonder if anyone will get done in the quarter finals.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:46 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

That was a great effort by Goodwood to chase down PAOC's 259 and will give them great confidence when they take on Ingle Farm next game. I'm looking forward to the Pooraka (Hanson) v Woodville South (Hoffman) encounter. Could be an absolute run fest and I'm tipping Pooraka to go 350+ again and get the chocolates.

Either way I reckon you will see both teams at least have a crack at the score. Not sure the reasoning behind Reynella only being 6 down and 130 runs short at the end of a days play.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:53 am

helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Either way I reckon you will see both teams at least have a crack at the score. Not sure the reasoning behind Reynella only being 6 down and 130 runs short at the end of a days play.

Surely you go down swinging?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:34 pm

They have a bit of a history doing that.
I recon you see it once every year or two, they concede a big score and decide they'd rather lose than potentially have to bowl to those batsmen again.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Trader wrote:They have a bit of a history doing that.
I recon you see it once every year or two, they concede a big score and decide they'd rather lose than potentially have to bowl to those batsmen again.

Yeah not a lot of intent I'm told.
But we've collapsed all year so good to bat all day for a change.
Should've had a slap for the last 10 though.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 501 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby TheTranzlator » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:57 pm

Under_Scrutiny wrote:

A1- Goodwood have done well in their return to top flight, although should be no real surprise with their huge club numbers. Para Hills just keep doing enough to keep the challengers at bay. Most even side in comp.
A2 - Super tight comp. Gepps X also done well in their return to Divy 2, but another club with large numbers. Old Scotch will look to return to A1 quickly for my tip.
A3- Golden Grove should atone for last years disappointment.

Super tight at the other end of the A2 table. ROCCCS recording their first win of the season chasing down 226 against Walkerville. That keeps their survival hopes alive. Walkerville in danger of consecutive relegations. Old Iggies have struggled this year and look a certainty to go down. ROCCCS to stay up and Modbury to go down for mine.
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Trader » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:16 pm

TheTranzlator wrote:Old Iggies have struggled this year and look a certainty to go down.

I recon Old Iggs have been unlucky this year.

Round 1, 2/53 chasing ROCs' 146 - washed out.
Round 3, washed out both weeks vs Walkerville, but only got 5 instead of the usual 8 as they bowled a ball on day 1.
Round 7, 2/79 chasing Fulham's 147 - washed out.

You'd say they were strong favourites to win both rounds 1 and 7 and at a minimum unlucky not to get 3 more points in round 3, if not a win playing Walkerville who have struggled all year.

Add another 15 or so points to their current total and they would certainly be in the mix to avoid relegation.

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby the smokey » Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:58 pm

the rain is on its way. Let's hope the games get away and arent impacted by rain, lightning & bad light!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:48 pm

the smokey wrote:the rain is on its way. Let's hope the games get away and arent impacted by rain, lightning & bad light!

2MM hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue id say.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Been liked: 25 times

Postby TheTranzlator » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:02 pm

Trader wrote:
TheTranzlator wrote:Old Iggies have struggled this year and look a certainty to go down.

I recon Old Iggs have been unlucky this year.

Round 1, 2/53 chasing ROCs' 146 - washed out.
Round 3, washed out both weeks vs Walkerville, but only got 5 instead of the usual 8 as they bowled a ball on day 1.
Round 7, 2/79 chasing Fulham's 147 - washed out.

You'd say they were strong favourites to win both rounds 1 and 7 and at a minimum unlucky not to get 3 more points in round 3, if not a win playing Walkerville who have struggled all year.

Add another 15 or so points to their current total and they would certainly be in the mix to avoid relegation.

I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes!

Yep, I agree... they have been unlucky with a couple of the washouts where they looked on track to chase those totals down.

Iggies may still be good enough to stay up, think they have enough talent there. Big game between ROCCCS and Unley this week, you'd have to think a must win for the boys at Rostrevor.

Modbury play HV, can anyone stop Wilkins? Comfortably the best bowler in the competition imo, takes wickets consistently and no one can score against him.

Walkerville take on SHOC's. SHOC's have a lot of talent in their team, but always seems to be playing with one short most weeks... Walkerville will like their chances in this one
TheTranzlator
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Trader » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:19 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
the smokey wrote:the rain is on its way. Let's hope the games get away and arent impacted by rain, lightning & bad light!

2MM hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue id say.

It's here now, would suspect most umpires will say no to games starting in this.
Trader
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps