Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:28 pm

stan wrote:Some talk at the moment that Peter Dutton share the text messages with PVO. I wonder if another leadership challenge is in the works.

It is so easy to fabricate an SMS
It wouldn't surprise me if Van Whateverhisnameis fell for the oldest trick in the book. He is a complete tosser who got a dozen eggs in the face last election.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dinglinga75 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:56 pm

Has Murdoch decided if the Libs are a chance that Morrison must go NOW !!!

Andrew Bolt has turned on Morrison ,
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:04 pm

Dutton would get obliterated if he was leader

there are no good options
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby am Bays » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:46 pm

Hung Parliament coming up

Cross-benchers rule, OK!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby stan » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:10 pm

am Bays wrote:Hung Parliament coming up

Cross-benchers rule, OK!
Considering the nutters on the cross bench that would be pretty ******.

I reckon the Libs get done. Close but get done. No hung parliament.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby am Bays » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:34 am

stan wrote:
am Bays wrote:Hung Parliament coming up

Cross-benchers rule, OK!
Considering the nutters on the cross bench that would be pretty ******.

I reckon the Libs get done. Close but get done. No hung parliament.

Absolutely teh LNP lose their majority, but I see the rise of the independents.

March 2019 Labor had a primary vote according to newspoll of 39% on election day it was just under 34%. The two party preferred in the March 2019 was 56-44 the same as it is right now,

This week their primary primary vote was 41%. Labors problem is that in the seat it holds their primary vote is high and they hold their seats easily it's the marginals where they struggle and even some of their old rusted on seats in the Hunter are under threat because of Labors stance on coal. They are defending 12 seats under a margin of 3%. The LNP 3.

They have 68 seats (69 considering they've notionally gained a seat in the 2020 redistribution) right now they need another seven to form government in their own right. They'll win some seats but they are going to need big swings in the redneck wonderland of Qld to get to seven seats to form an absolute majority. https://antonygreen.com.au/2022-federal-electoral-pendulum/

I can see more voters than normal going to vote in May, and thinking, "Well Scotty from marketing is a tosser, but who is Albo, all right I'll vote for my local socially wet, economically dry independent. like Zali Steggle (she'll hold her seat as the Libs haven't even got a candidate yet).

I'm personally going to be surprised if it's not a hung parliament, the greens will get an extra seat if they can get 2nd in the primary vote in a couple of seats).
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Psyber » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:35 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Dutton would get obliterated if he was leader

Simon Birmingham perhaps?
I agree about Dutton - he's a no go zone.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby stan » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:06 pm

Psyber wrote:

That's what you and I say,.but these politicians have no feel for the room. Dutton is just crazy enough to nuke this all and ride the party into the mountain
stan
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:21 pm

stan wrote:
Psyber wrote:

That's what you and I say,.but these politicians have no feel for the room. Dutton is just crazy enough to nuke this all and ride the party into the mountain

Many out there think he might straighten us up. (Not necessarily my view ;) , I read this forum with great interest but choose to stay out, I ain’t getting into in here)
I’ll make one comment however, I really miss our Statesmen. Leaders we revered, we had faith & hope in. That had a vision. I loved Keating, loved him to death as our leader. And as I matured,I appreciated so much, what Howard did (though not at the time). I’m a unionist but despise so many Labour values. I agree on so many Liberal Party policies, but they screw the worker.
One thing I am sure of though is we have the worst Prime Minister in living history.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:23 pm

People wrote off Tony Abbott when first appointed leader
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby am Bays » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:22 am

Spargo wrote:
stan wrote:That's what you and I say,.but these politicians have no feel for the room. Dutton is just crazy enough to nuke this all and ride the party into the mountain

Many out there think he might straighten us up. (Not necessarily my view ;) , I read this forum with great interest but choose to stay out, I ain’t getting into in here)
I’ll make one comment however, I really miss our Statesmen. Leaders we revered, we had faith & hope in. That had a vision. I loved Keating, loved him to death as our leader. And as I matured,I appreciated so much, what Howard did (though not at the time). I’m a unionist but despise so many Labour values. I agree on so many Liberal Party policies, but they screw the worker.
One thing I am sure of though is we have the worst Prime Minister in living history.

Keating was the prototype for the modern professional politician, all mouth no action. Scotty is Keating Mk 2 IMO. I agree on your assessment of Morrison, I put Scotty up there as one of our worst PMs along with Keating, Kevvy 07 and McMahon.

Like you I miss the statesman politicians those who could sell a philosophy the Accord the GST like Hawke and Howard and lead the nation..
am Bays
Coach

Postby Dinglinga75 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:38 pm

am Bays wrote:
Spargo wrote:
stan wrote:That's what you and I say,.but these politicians have no feel for the room. Dutton is just crazy enough to nuke this all and ride the party into the mountain

Keating was the prototype for the modern professional politician, all mouth no action. Scotty is Keating Mk 2 IMO. I agree on your assessment of Morrison, I put Scotty up there as one of our worst PMs along with Keating, Kevvy 07 and McMahon.

Like you I miss the statesman politicians those who could sell a philosophy the Accord the GST like Hawke and Howard and lead the nation..

How is your superannuation going ?? Keating did nothing?? Why dont you say you hate all ALP members.. Howard possibly the most wasteful PM we have had... Yes I dont like majority of the Libs and what they believe in
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:55 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:
am Bays wrote:
Spargo wrote:

How is your superannuation going ?? Keating did nothing?? Why dont you say you hate all ALP members.. Howard possibly the most wasteful PM we have had... Yes I dont like majority of the Libs and what they believe in
Hawke/Keating were ok.
They privatised Qantas and the Commonwealth Bank and screwed the unions over which is always good
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tigerpie » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:06 pm

am Bays wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Floated the dollar, medicare, super, the aquaduct, roads, sewerage.....what else do you want?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:27 pm

no action ?
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Postby am Bays » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:42 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:

Ha HA you do realise McMahon and Morrison are Liberals and I've praised Hawke, the brains behind the reforms of the 80s and early 90s.

But anyway, play on
am Bays
Coach

Postby rd » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:58 pm

am Bays wrote:
Dinglinga75 wrote:

Ha HA you do realise McMahon and Morrison are Liberals and I've praised Hawke, the brains behind the reforms of the 80s and early 90s.

But anyway, play on

Yep let's play on - I prefer it when we bash The Greens.

They support the lunatics who super glue themselves to city streets, they want to get the entire country stoned and now it seems you better not eat white bread !!

And despite what Albo says now - you just know the ALP will form an alliance with The Greens around election time...
rd
Under 18s

Been liked: 26 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:49 pm

tigerpie wrote:Floated the dollar, medicare, super, the aquaduct, roads, sewerage.....what else do you want?

Whats the aquaduct?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Kahuna » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:54 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Floated the dollar, medicare, super, the aquaduct, roads, sewerage.....what else do you want?

Whats the aquaduct?

Tiger pie referencing The Life of Brian I think.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby stan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:54 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Whats the aquaduct?
Was thinking the same thing lol
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics