Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:04 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Australia have named their team for tomorrow night's first T20 against Sri Lanka-

Aaron Finch (c)
Ben McDermott
Josh Inglis (on debut)
Steven Smith
Glenn Maxwell
Marcus Stoinis
Matthew Wade (wk)
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Adam Zampa
Josh Hazlewood (first match since the first Ashes test)


Why? Just why?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47773
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3903 times
Been liked: 6873 times

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:42 pm

Game 1 on now only on Fox/Kayo

because Channel 7 really loves the cricket...
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 794 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:08 pm

Sri Lanka bowling first and have started well, Finch and McDermott looking like they're struggling for rhythm and timing.

I like Sri Lanka's kit, better than their World Cup one.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31404
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8002 times
Been liked: 1214 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:23 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Game 1 on now only on Fox/Kayo

because Channel 7 really loves the cricket...
If Channel 7 televised this match/series then we wouldn't have to listen to Shane Warne on commentary!
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31404
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8002 times
Been liked: 1214 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:28 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Game 1 on now only on Fox/Kayo

because Channel 7 really loves the cricket...
If Channel 7 televised this match/series then we wouldn't have to listen to Shane Warne on commentary!


He really has become unbearable
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 794 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:30 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Game 1 on now only on Fox/Kayo

because Channel 7 really loves the cricket...
If Channel 7 televised this match/series then we wouldn't have to listen to Shane Warne on commentary!


He really has become unbearable
Whenever the Australians do anything he doesn't like or disagrees with he goes on and on and on about it, it's just unbearable like you said.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31404
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8002 times
Been liked: 1214 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:52 pm

Good bowling performance by the Sri Lankans, hopefully they can make it a contest.
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 794 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby mal » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:53 pm

AU 9/149[20]

Ben McDermott 53[41]

Binura Fernando 2/12[4]

Thats the best Fernando performance since Agnetha , Bjorn , Benny and Anni-Frid
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23764
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 669 times
Been liked: 506 times

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:58 pm

mal wrote:AU 9/149[20]

Ben McDermott 53[41]

Binura Fernando 2/12[4]

Thats the best Fernando performance since Agnetha , Bjorn , Benny and Anni-Frid


Knowing me, knowing you………… the winner takes it all!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
User avatar
amber_fluid
Coach
 
 
Posts: 11149
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 10:18 am
Has liked: 1932 times
Been liked: 2124 times

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:10 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Good bowling performance by the Sri Lankans, hopefully they can make it a contest.
Yeah the bowlers were pretty solid and consistent, skipper Shanaka took a ripper to dismiss Wade and some of the shot selections/dismissals from the Aussies were pretty poor, the Aussie batsmen looked a bit rusty.

Interested to see how their batsmen go against the Aussie quicks.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31404
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8002 times
Been liked: 1214 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:50 pm

Fairly average batting performance by the Lankans, never got going.

Starc bowled about 15 full tosses, absolute shit.
User avatar
Armchair expert
Coach
 
 
Posts: 6447
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 9:18 am
Has liked: 304 times
Been liked: 794 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:55 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Fairly average batting performance by the Lankans, never got going.

Starc bowled about 15 full tosses, absolute shit.
Starc's radar was well off, looked rusty and bowled poorly. Oddly enough Warnie didn't say anything negative about him tonight lol.

Hazlewood and Zampa were very good.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31404
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8002 times
Been liked: 1214 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Australia have named their team for tomorrow night's first T20 against Sri Lanka-

Aaron Finch (c)
Ben McDermott
Josh Inglis (on debut)
Steven Smith
Glenn Maxwell
Marcus Stoinis
Matthew Wade (wk)
Pat Cummins
Mitchell Starc
Adam Zampa
Josh Hazlewood (first match since the first Ashes test)


Why? Just why?
4 overs, 14 dot balls, 4/12, that's why. Hazlewood continues his extremely economical T20 bowling form.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31404
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8002 times
Been liked: 1214 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:29 am

I’m not questioning his talent, why bother with him when we have an important test series coming up?

He’d be my first picked if it was a match of significance, how did Zamora get MOTM ahead of him BTW?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47773
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3903 times
Been liked: 6873 times

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:30 am

amber_fluid wrote:
mal wrote:AU 9/149[20]

Ben McDermott 53[41]

Binura Fernando 2/12[4]

Thats the best Fernando performance since Agnetha , Bjorn , Benny and Anni-Frid


Knowing me, knowing you………… the winner takes it all!

I think there was something in the air that night.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
User avatar
Lightning McQueen
Coach
 
Posts: 47773
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:43 am
Location: Radiator Springs
Has liked: 3903 times
Been liked: 6873 times

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby The Dark Knight » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:35 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I’m not questioning his talent, why bother with him when we have an important test series coming up?

He’d be my first picked if it was a match of significance, how did Zamora get MOTM ahead of him BTW?

Maybe he's just keen to play some cricket after not playing in two months?
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31404
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 8002 times
Been liked: 1214 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby whufc » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:51 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I’m not questioning his talent, why bother with him when we have an important test series coming up?

He’d be my first picked if it was a match of significance, how did Zamora get MOTM ahead of him BTW?

Maybe he's just keen to play some cricket after not playing in two months?


Probably also recognises his now potentially out of the test team so taking any chance to play internationals in the latter stages of his career
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4619 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby mal » Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:34 pm

Before this game I had thought the bowling was at full strength , especially with Lightning Hazelwood

The top 4 a worry[ pre game]
Mcdermott......Needs to establish himself, but I think he will make it BIG time
Finch................Age does weary
Inglis................If he is not the keeper , he is a questionable selection , needs to be given time, hopefully he succeeds
Smith...............Still a very good test player,still be a ripper 50 over batter in my opinion , but 20/20 dunno, good outfielder though , one of the best

So who will Mitchell Marsh replace ?
Probably the selectors will drop Inglis , but I wouldnt ....
mal
Coach
 
Posts: 23764
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:45 pm
Has liked: 669 times
Been liked: 506 times

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby tigerpie » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I’m not questioning his talent, why bother with him when we have an important test series coming up?

He’d be my first picked if it was a match of significance, how did Zamora get MOTM ahead of him BTW?

He needs bowling.
Hasn't bowled many overs this summer.
If he blows up then so be it.
tigerpie
League - Top 5
 
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:00 pm
Has liked: 373 times
Been liked: 318 times

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby DOC » Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:32 pm

Should have played in the shield game.

That said a good performance by anyones standards.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14655
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1584 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests