Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:11 pm

am Bays wrote: Maybe the Doctor maybe onto something, an article from 2011 and bossie links between training and pericarditis in athletes

It wouldn't surprise me
But it would appear that these mRNA vaccines are a catalyst (Happy for anyone to challenge me on this)
Its just a shame that proper clinical trials weren't undertaken that told athletes to avoid mRNA vaccines

We hosted a lunch down here at Carrickalinga today: 4 local lads have been unlucky enough to score pericarditis
There aren't 100,000 people in the area so it must be the local milk

One lad is fortunate that he was hospitalised for a night. Why?
He is the only one that qualifies for compensation from the No Fault COVID-19 Indemnity Scheme. Did any of you know that?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Psyber » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:24 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Psyber wrote:
stan wrote:So far I have only seen a few estimates of a about 10k.

Apparently the BBQs were good.

So one person in 46.7 has attended - just over 2%.

Hmm...
About 0.8% of the population have Schizophrenia - a conservative estimate based on DSM-5.
Then there is Bipolar Disorder. *

*ON US figures:"An estimated 2.8% of U.S. adults had bipolar disorder in the past year. Past year prevalence of bipolar disorder among adults was similar for males (2.9%) and females (2.8%). An estimated 4.4% of U.S. adults experience bipolar disorder at some time in their lives. 2
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statisti ... rder.shtml

That covers about 3.7%

A lot of bipolar people here then Psyber?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fl ... %20history.

One can't reliably assume any direct connection of course.

However people with Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder are generally more likely to accept and believe things other people do not buy into as easily. And those figures are derived from counting only people meeting the full Diagnostic and Statistical Manual criteria. There are more people who don't quite meet those criteria but do come close to doing so.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:48 am

Psyber wrote:One can't reliably assume any direct connection of course.

However people with Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder are generally more likely to accept and believe things other people do not buy into as easily. And those figures are derived from counting only people meeting the full Diagnostic and Statistical Manual criteria. There are more people who don't quite meet those criteria but do come close to doing so.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're alright now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby tipper » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:58 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Psyber wrote:One can't reliably assume any direct connection of course.

I used to be schizophrenic, but we're alright now.

except for that one guy that thinks he is a car...
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:20 am

Had my Moderna booster on Monday at noon, around 2 on Tuesday I went home from work, got into bed and got out yesterday morning around 11. Changed the sheets twice sweating it up like nobody's business, laid on the lounge all day yesterday and woke up this morning good to go. Dropped me on my arse for about 36 hours.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:49 am

Booney wrote:Had my Moderna booster on Monday at noon, around 2 on Tuesday I went home from work, got into bed and got out yesterday morning around 11. Changed the sheets twice sweating it up like nobody's business, laid on the lounge all day yesterday and woke up this morning good to go. Dropped me on my arse for about 36 hours.

Nearly every person I have seen after moderna booster has had the same symptoms.

I've had 3 x pfizer and no reaction at all.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:53 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Had my Moderna booster on Monday at noon, around 2 on Tuesday I went home from work, got into bed and got out yesterday morning around 11. Changed the sheets twice sweating it up like nobody's business, laid on the lounge all day yesterday and woke up this morning good to go. Dropped me on my arse for about 36 hours.

Nearly every person I have seen after moderna booster has had the same symptoms.

ditto
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:11 am

I had a moderna after 2 Pfizer and had no reaction except for the usual dead arm,
Only reaction I had was after the 2nd Pfizer when I had the aches for 24 hours.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:24 am

MW wrote:

Yep, seems the general response to the Moderna spike.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:29 am

Currently quarantining with my 12 year old,
she has a runny nose but has tested positive.
I'm bored already.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:33 am

20 - 30yo
Male
Supreme athlete

You were on a hiding to nothing
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:39 am

gazzamagoo wrote:Currently quarantining with my 12 year old,
I'm bored already.

When someone offers "Do you need anything?" I'd be asking for some good bagged mulch, broccoli, cauliflower, broad beans and lettuce from Bunnings and get the autumn garden bed going. Then go onto Vasili's Garden page and order some black grit and liquid gold, there's a couple of well spent days on the horizon for you.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:39 am

MW wrote:

Yep same. Our whole family had Pfizer for all three shots and not one negative reaction besides sore arm for some.

Can I ask why would change from Pfizer anyway to get Moderna if no issues previously??
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:54 am

Booney wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Currently quarantining with my 12 year old,
I'm bored already.

When someone offers "Do you need anything?" I'd be asking for some good bagged mulch, broccoli, cauliflower, broad beans and lettuce from Bunnings and get the autumn garden bed going. Then go onto Vasili's Garden page and order some black grit and liquid gold, there's a couple of well spent days on the horizon for you.

they already have..........................but I received a bottle of whiskey & a bottle of Benedictine instead.
Oh well.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:55 am

Weird, everyone I know (and it's a big talking point at pubs) that had moderna including myself and my wife who has a compromised immune system were fine.
Only heard reactions to first az or 2nd Pfizer.
On a side note I was talking to a Dr and he's pretty sure I had covid last month.
Only sympton I felt was a shortness of breath on long walks on a hot humid days.
Shows how good the 3rd jab is.
Seems it will keep me immune for a while too as I didn't pick up anything when doing a 10 hour shift with someone who had it.

Anyway despite some reactions still definitely worth getting, there's about a 95% effectiveness when the 3rd jab is moderna compared to about 80% with Pfizer as 3rd. And a reaction means your body is building up extra defences and doing what it should do.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:19 am

Wedgie wrote:Weird, everyone I know (and it's a big talking point at pubs) that had moderna including myself and my wife who has a compromised immune system were fine.
Only heard reactions to first az or 2nd Pfizer.
On a side note I was talking to a Dr and he's pretty sure I had covid last month.
Only sympton I felt was a shortness of breath on long walks on a hot humid days.
Shows how good the 3rd jab is.
Seems it will keep me immune for a while too as I didn't pick up anything when doing a 10 hour shift with someone who had it.

Anyway despite some reactions still definitely worth getting, there's about a 95% effectiveness when the 3rd jab is moderna compared to about 80% with Pfizer as 3rd. And a reaction means your body is building up extra defences and doing what it should do.

Psyber mentioned that previously in here, a (mild) reaction is a good thing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:20 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
MW wrote:

Yep same. Our whole family had Pfizer for all three shots and not one negative reaction besides sore arm for some.

Can I ask why would change from Pfizer anyway to get Moderna if no issues previously??

As noted above by Wedgie, the best "recipe" seems to be Pfizer, pfizer, moderna.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mal » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:13 pm

I have Northern Hemisphere blood lines
My ancestors have been through the Spanish Flu
If I delve back far enough my ancestors in Europe might have been affected by the Black Plague[ await Lightning Mcqueen's response !]
They would have been subjected to many other plagues in the last 600 years or so

The thing is with 3 jabs ive had zero nausea , just felt tired for 24 hours
Am I right to assume that because of exposures in my ancestry to pandemics etc, that immunity of sorts have been passed through to me ?

I base part of my assertion on the basis that Australian Indigenous people are in a group of most vulnerable people to be affected by Covid
Is it because they have not had generations of exposure to multiple past pandemics ?
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1138 times
Been liked: 892 times

Postby MW » Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:16 pm

*touch wood* my immune system is very good so I'm also wondering if that's why I have not reacted to the vaccines?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:51 pm

mal wrote:I have Northern Hemisphere blood lines
My ancestors have been through the Spanish Flu
If I delve back far enough my ancestors in Europe might have been affected by the Black Plague[ await Lightning Mcqueen's response !]
They would have been subjected to many other plagues in the last 600 years or so

The thing is with 3 jabs ive had zero nausea , just felt tired for 24 hours
Am I right to assume that because of exposures in my ancestry to pandemics etc, that immunity of sorts have been passed through to me ?

I base part of my assertion on the basis that Australian Indigenous people are in a group of most vulnerable people to be affected by Covid
Is it because they have not had generations of exposure to multiple past pandemics ?

Maybe but I think your general health and immune system are the most important factors

No use being vaccinated if your immune system doesn't respond
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion