Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:03 pm

DOC wrote:You could recruit Wines, Martin, Mitchell, Sloane and Neale and some (not all) of your blokes would still be predicting the spoon.

Of course!
Where's the ruckman in that lot! lol
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1656 times
Been liked: 643 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:00 pm

DOC wrote:You could recruit Wines, Martin, Mitchell, Sloane and Neale and some (not all) of your blokes would still be predicting the spoon.

Whereas you guys have lost almost your entire team from last year & I don't hear any real negativity from South supporters.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby northerner » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:33 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:The inclusion of The Launers & Bailey Reeves should help out significantly in the midfield.
Alongside Grant & The Schillers, that doesn't sound too bad I reckon.

Our mids might surprise a few. Add to those you mention Shay Linke, Rhys Cannizzaro and Ethan Gant who was excellent in his 5 game cameo at the end of the season. And in Barreau and East on the wings there's some decent potential around.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:22 pm

northerner wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:The inclusion of The Launers & Bailey Reeves should help out significantly in the midfield.

Our mids might surprise a few. Add to those you mention Shay Linke, Rhys Cannizzaro and Ethan Gant who was excellent in his 5 game cameo at the end of the season. And in Barreau and East on the wings there's some decent potential around.

Yep, some talented kids coming through, we just need to have luck with injuries.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Fejo didn’t get a spot as Essendon and I believe he is returning to play for Westies this year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby UK Fan » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:52 am

northerner wrote:

Linke is a talent

We are in big trouble if Gant/Cannizzaro are playing in our midfield lbh.

Gant averaged 12 disposals a game at reserves level. Excellent is a stretch tbf.

McCormack or Thomson in ruck both will be an improvement On Marsh. Anyone who can mark a football and or kick a drop punt is an improvement.

We just have no kpp depth. Fort and Kendall will need to be flexible as they will be filling multiple roles this season when required.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby TDJ44 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:33 pm

UK Fan wrote:
northerner wrote:

Linke is a talent

Gant averaged 12 disposals a game at reserves level. Excellent is a stretch tbf.

McCormack or Thomson in ruck both will be an improvement On Marsh. Anyone who can mark a football and or kick a drop punt is an improvement.

We just have no kpp depth. Fort and Kendall will need to be flexible as they will be filling multiple roles this season when required.

That's definitely one positive with Marsh gone.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wolf Pack » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:40 pm

Jim05 wrote:Fejo didn’t get a spot as Essendon and I believe he is returning to play for Westies this year

Have been reliably told that Fejo will remain in Melbourne and play for The Bombers in the VFL.
Wolf Pack
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby gazzamagoo » Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:11 pm

TDJ44 wrote:
UK Fan wrote:
northerner wrote:

Linke is a talent

That's definitely one positive with Marsh gone.

McCormick is 198 cm, Fort is 197 cm, plus Thomson is much fitter, also McCormick & Fort can play in defence OR up forward.
Kendall is 193 cm and kicks goals, it's sounding a lot better than last year, barring injuries.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:17 pm

It was well documented we were far to small last year both in height and physically, we look to have improved in that area with who we have picked up, also Zac Beuchner in defence gives us some size as well.
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby northerner » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:14 am

Just a bit of background on Ethan Gant for those who have no idea about him.
19yo two sided small mid l who has an explosive first ten metres allowing him to break free of traffic and use his impressive foot skills. He was playing for Barossa Districts last season and was showing an inclination to head to North Adelaide when the Dogs invited him to play with 3 weeks left in the regular season. His ability to fit in and adapt to instruction was first class.
I am hoping he returned, because with a league standard pre season and a greater understanding of what is required at this level, he could be a surprise packet as he has a skill set that we have been missing for a while.
The Dogs have a host of unknown youngsters. Luca Whitelum, Michael Richard, Lewis Cowham and Jordie Dorizzio are others who have X Factor. Will be looking forward to seeing what progress they have made over the off season.
northerner
Reserves

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:27 am

After reading all this I’m backing the Dogs to win the premiership
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby northerner » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:07 am

Brodlach wrote:After reading all this I’m backing the Dogs to win the premiership

Yeh we need Groucho to bring us back to reality...
northerner
Reserves

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:35 am

northerner wrote:
Brodlach wrote:After reading all this I’m backing the Dogs to win the premiership

Yeh we need Groucho to bring us back to reality...

He's here, just not posting.
He's a very happy man right now too.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby gazzamagoo » Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:36 am

Can we have your ruckman please?
Then we might be a chance :D
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Postby PanthersFan » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:47 pm

gazzamagoo wrote:

Whereas you guys have lost almost your entire team from last year & I don't hear any real negativity from South supporters.

South have recruited pretty well to cover the outs from last season. Not ideal to turnover half the team though but I suppose it’s a wait and see approach. The big question for me is will the Brooksby fly in fly out experiment work? That’s a big factor for how the team will go in my opinion.
PanthersFan
Under 16s

Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:36 pm

The North Adelaide Football Club is excited to announce the addition of Nigel Lockyer for the 2022 season.

Name: Nigel Lockyer
Height: 186cm
Weight: 82kg

Nigel Lockyer joins the Roosters from Rovers in the Central Australian Football League where last season he won the league Minahan Medal for best player in the competition. He represented North Adelaide in 2021 where he played 5 reserves games, kicking 15 goals as part of our relationship with the Redtails Pinktails Right Tracks Program in Central Australia. Nigel will become the first player from the Right Track’s Program to move down to North Adelaide full time which is exciting for everyone involved in the partnership.

Nigel is an athletic forward who can hit the scoreboard in many ways. He has good speed and is strong aerially for his size.We look forward to him adding a different look to our existing forward structure in the upcoming season.

Nigel has also recently played for St Marys in the NTFL and was coached by our very own Darren Reeves in the NT Thunder Program at NEAFL level.

Senior Coach Jacob Surjan:
“Nigel is an extremely talented footballer. He played a few reserves games for us last season and performed very well. He is part of the Redtails Program in Alice Springs and has decided to make the move to Adelaide full time to play with the Roosters. An outstanding young man who will excite the Prospect crowd with his athleticism and flair. We are thrilled to have Nigel down in Adelaide full time and we are excited to watch what he can do on a week to week basis.”

We would like to welcome Nigel and his family to North Adelaide and we look forward to watching him represent the Roosters in season 2022.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times

Postby mots02 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:The North Adelaide Football Club is excited to announce the addition of Nigel Lockyer for the 2022 season.

Nigel Lockyer joins the Roosters from Rovers in the Central Australian Football League where last season he won the league Minahan Medal for best player in the competition. He represented North Adelaide in 2021 where he played 5 reserves games, kicking 15 goals as part of our relationship with the Redtails Pinktails Right Tracks Program in Central Australia. Nigel will become the first player from the Right Track’s Program to move down to North Adelaide full time which is exciting for everyone involved in the partnership.

Nigel is an athletic forward who can hit the scoreboard in many ways. He has good speed and is strong aerially for his size.We look forward to him adding a different look to our existing forward structure in the upcoming season.

Nigel has also recently played for St Marys in the NTFL and was coached by our very own Darren Reeves in the NT Thunder Program at NEAFL level.

“Nigel is an extremely talented footballer. He played a few reserves games for us last season and performed very well. He is part of the Redtails Program in Alice Springs and has decided to make the move to Adelaide full time to play with the Roosters. An outstanding young man who will excite the Prospect crowd with his athleticism and flair. We are thrilled to have Nigel down in Adelaide full time and we are excited to watch what he can do on a week to week basis.”

We would like to welcome Nigel and his family to North Adelaide and we look forward to watching him represent the Roosters in season 2022.

All Centrals supporters on here immediately scanning the text for his height!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 850 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby southernbulldog » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:42 pm

Hes at North so why would we care
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:02 pm

Wedgie wrote:The North Adelaide Football Club is excited to announce the addition of Nigel Lockyer for the 2022 season.

All the best to him, he did pre season at Essendon a couple of years back and I was disappointed at the time that we didn’t offer him a spot
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL