PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:54 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:What a cracker last couple of rounds in div 1, five teams can still make the four.

EP will play finals....
SW should play finals as they end the season with the two bottom sides.

Other than that is absolute lottery and you just know the little friendly declaration or sneaky outright win is going to throw a spanner in the works.

The top 4 is set, Virginia will need an outright to make the finals from where they are or hope that Dublin take f*** all wickets and score f*** all runs, they needed a break from winning flags anyway, it was getting boring for them.

There won't be any friendly declarations, everyone hates each other on the field, different story over a frothie though.

Going to be a cracker of a finals series, all 4 teams have genuine chance.

Grade 2 is all over bar the venues, once again all 4 teams have a genuine chance with Craigmore being the obvious favourite with many scoring avenues. NEK, Smithfield and the Royals all have players that can stand up when it counts though and turn a game on it's head.

Could see DMAC trying to convince CU to set SW up with a spiritied finish..CU nothing to play for could be open to having a chance at a win to end the year.

Wouldn't rule Virginia out just yet...……. Dublin finish with EP so would expect EP to win that won and secure a home final whilst Virginia play SW. If somehow Virginia can win that one its going to be game on when Virginia play Dublin in the last round.

Only 13 points separating them so you would think if Virginia go 2-0 and Dublin 0-2 they could easily make up that 1.0 performance points to bridge the gap. (It's still 6 points for a first innings win yeah)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Grade 2 is all over bar the venues, once again all 4 teams have a genuine chance with Craigmore being the obvious favourite with many scoring avenues. NEK, Smithfield and the Royals all have players that can stand up when it counts though and turn a game on it's head.

Big game this weekend between NEK and Smithfield - winner would likely get a home final.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4001 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:55 pm

whufc wrote:Could see DMAC trying to convince CU to set SW up with a spiritied finish..CU nothing to play for could be open to having a chance at a win to end the year.

Wouldn't rule Virginia out just yet...……. Dublin finish with EP so would expect EP to win that won and secure a home final whilst Virginia play SW. If somehow Virginia can win that one its going to be game on when Virginia play Dublin in the last round.

Only 13 points separating them so you would think if Virginia go 2-0 and Dublin 0-2 they could easily make up that 1.0 performance points to bridge the gap. (It's still 6 points for a first innings win yeah)

If Westies want to win outright, they will, they have batters that score quick enough to get a result and bowlers that can hit a spot all day.

Although Central United have been gallant all year the way they have stuck it out to be competitive, the season is getting long and this is the time of the year that Westies chalk up their cue.

I've heard on the grapevine that Nato is injured, that hurts Virginia big time.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:28 am

Central United 159 vs Angle Vale
Salisbury West 281 vs Virginia
Eastern Park 213 vs Dublin 3/30

Solid effort from Units to bat out the day. 159 isn't a huge score, but you never know, it's something to defend. Westies and Eastern Park in commanding positions.

Parafield Gardens 239 vs North Pines 1/70
Eyre Royals 139 vs Craigmore 1/23
North Eastern Knights 9/101 vs Smithfield 4/158

North Pines a sneaky chance to win the match after a difficult season! Eyre look short of runs, and NEK are in big strife

Enfield 9/269 vs One Tree Hill 1/1
Eyre Royals 2/44 vs ATCO 88
Dublin 112 vs Two Wells 4/38

Oooh boy wow wee! Eyre rattling ATCO, huge scenes. These two will meet again in the semi too, Eyre the sleeping giant beginning to waken. Dublin finishing the season strong - nearly defeated Enfield, then knocked off OTH.. if they can pick up Harris early next week, they would be a fair chance to collect another win.

LO5: Athelstone 7/199 def North Pines 170 - Kamaldeep Singh 57 (24) still hitting em alright lol.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:35 am

Out of curiosity any reason the likes of Figallo, Kent and Keylock are playing in the B Grade rather than in the A's with Brooksey, McCarthy, Jenner, Harrison.

Geez that was a decent team in its day.
whufc
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:41 am

The Bedge wrote:Central United 159 vs Angle Vale

Solid effort from Units to bat out the day. 159 isn't a huge score, but you never know, it's something to defend. Westies and Eastern Park in commanding positions.

North Pines a sneaky chance to win the match after a difficult season! Eyre look short of runs, and NEK are in big strife

Oooh boy wow wee! Eyre rattling ATCO, huge scenes. These two will meet again in the semi too, Eyre the sleeping giant beginning to waken. Dublin finishing the season strong - nearly defeated Enfield, then knocked off OTH.. if they can pick up Harris early next week, they would be a fair chance to collect another win.

LO5: Athelstone 7/199 def North Pines 170 - Kamaldeep Singh 57 (24) still hitting em alright lol.
Harris cant bat next week so makes it a bit tougher.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:06 am

whufc wrote:Out of curiosity any reason the likes of Figallo, Kent and Keylock are playing in the B Grade rather than in the A's with Brooksey, McCarthy, Jenner, Harrison.

Figallo? You got some decent choof out there on the ranch? Russell has played every game in their ones.

Kenty is in his 40's bowls off of about 6 steps, they have a decent young bowling attack so it would be pointless in him playing A's, they actually do pick their best balanced XI for their A's.

Keylock played in their B's last week as a late call up due to a couple of positive Covid cases and a couple of iso's, they still have a few unavailable so he played B's again this round, once again, there is no spot for him in the 1's as they are pretty well balanced, they are performing and have some youth in the team, something that Rosies/Royals have lacked in the past without juniors.

There is no conspiracy theory going on out there nor is there any sandbagging or dropping players to get them in the finals, it would be pointless if they were going back to the 1's, if you check out a bit closer you'll see that no one is getting dropped, they have a heap unavailable from their regular side.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:08 am

The Bedge wrote:Central United 159 vs Angle Vale

Royals were 1/80 at one stage, then 9/120.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Out of curiosity any reason the likes of Figallo, Kent and Keylock are playing in the B Grade rather than in the A's with Brooksey, McCarthy, Jenner, Harrison.

Figallo? You got some decent choof out there on the ranch? Russell has played every game in their ones.

Kenty is in his 40's bowls off of about 6 steps, they have a decent young bowling attack so it would be pointless in him playing A's, they actually do pick their best balanced XI for their A's.

Keylock played in their B's last week as a late call up due to a couple of positive Covid cases and a couple of iso's, they still have a few unavailable so he played B's again this round, once again, there is no spot for him in the 1's as they are pretty well balanced, they are performing and have some youth in the team, something that Rosies/Royals have lacked in the past without juniors.

There is no conspiracy theory going on out there nor is there any sandbagging or dropping players to get them in the finals, it would be pointless if they were going back to the 1's, if you check out a bit closer you'll see that no one is getting dropped, they have a heap unavailable from their regular side.

Oh just noticed Russ was named in the B Grade this week according to Mycricket. Didn't look into the detail on how many games he had played where. Was just surprised why he wouldn't have been playing with the other lads in the A Grade. Would still be a quality cricketer I imagine.

Wasn't looking for a conspiracy more just when Brooksey moved back to Rosies he mentioned he was going back there as they were getting all the band back together to play in the same side. Then the one time I looked at their scored noticed there was a bit of an even split between a grade and b grade with them and thought that was odd.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:18 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Could see DMAC trying to convince CU to set SW up with a spiritied finish..CU nothing to play for could be open to having a chance at a win to end the year.

If Westies want to win outright, they will, they have batters that score quick enough to get a result and bowlers that can hit a spot all day.

Although Central United have been gallant all year the way they have stuck it out to be competitive, the season is getting long and this is the time of the year that Westies chalk up their cue.

I've heard on the grapevine that Nato is injured
, that hurts Virginia big time.

Good to see my mail was wrong. Chasing 281 is going to be hard work though.

Dublin in a bit of trouble but still have the talent to chase down the 184 still required, I'm backing EP to get the job done from here, Gee Brodie gets out LBW a fair bit.

Mark Townley 14 from his 15 overs, a very underestimated bowler IMO, no Andy Carman leaves a decent hole in the AV team, could well win the Brownlow, the only game he probably won't poll in he took 1/12 off 14 overs and 2/13 off 12 overs in the 2nd dig, Woody would have to be at short odds too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:21 am

I must confess I was surprised to see Jamie / Trav in the A grade with Russ in the B grade.. but that's the only real name that stood out.

Eyre have been building slowly since Christmas - go over the scores, they get a couple players here, couple there, but haven't quite got their full compliment together yet.

They are one to watch... in fact I wouldn't rule them out of finishing 3rd still if Harris can't bat this week.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:23 am

whufc wrote:
Oh just noticed Russ was named in the B Grade this week according to Mycricket. Didn't look into the detail on how many games he had played where. Was just surprised why he wouldn't have been playing with the other lads in the A Grade. Would still be a quality cricketer I imagine.

Wasn't looking for a conspiracy more just when Brooksey moved back to Rosies he mentioned he was going back there as they were getting all the band back together to play in the same side. Then the one time I looked at their scored noticed there was a bit of an even split between a grade and b grade with them and thought that was odd.

Russ is a week 2 player, unavailable this week. Age isn't on the group's side anymore so there will probably be more drop down next season.

Russ being a week 2 player seen the captain ask the ATCO skipper if he wanted to bat first so Russ could bat next week, The ATCO skipper wanted to bat first anyway so it was all agreed, the umpire however insisted that do a toss anyway.

I was chatting with Hewy before the game and he was saying he though Collard was an excellent umpire, I don't think any of the players from either side disagreed at the end of the day, good to see former players out there umpiring.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:29 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Russ being a week 2 player seen the captain ask the ATCO skipper if he wanted to bat first so Russ could bat next week, The ATCO skipper wanted to bat first anyway so it was all agreed, the umpire however insisted that do a toss anyway.

I was chatting with Hewy before the game and he was saying he though Collard was an excellent umpire, I don't think any of the players from either side disagreed at the end of the day, good to see former players out there umpiring.

Twice this year I've had the same with Dylan - so much easier not having to do a toss haha! One other game had an umpire, agreed with the opposition captain we would bowl, umpire made us toss - warned him I hadn't lost one.. and duly won it. 8)

Agree, Collard is a good umpire.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:30 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Russ is a week 2 player, unavailable this week. Age isn't on the group's side anymore so there will probably be more drop down next season.

Russ being a week 2 player seen the captain ask the ATCO skipper if he wanted to bat first so Russ could bat next week, The ATCO skipper wanted to bat first anyway so it was all agreed, the umpire however insisted that do a toss anyway.

Fair enough.....yeah I wouldn't have been surprised if they all were in the b grade. The way Brooksey spoke to me was that it wasn't about winning premierships just about finishing their careers where the best times of playing cricket happened.

Is that Collard from SN....went to school with him. Reckon he used to umpire some sports as a teenager as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:36 pm

whufc wrote:
Fair enough.....yeah I wouldn't have been surprised if they all were in the b grade. The way Brooksey spoke to me was that it wasn't about winning premierships just about finishing their careers where the best times of playing cricket happened.

Is that Collard from SN....went to school with him. Reckon he used to umpire some sports as a teenager as well.

LOL, they are probably the most "win at all cost" club I've encountered, they simply don't play for the fun of it mate, they play to win, in the higher grades that is.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:I must confess I was surprised to see Jamie / Trav in the A grade with Russ in the B grade.. but that's the only real name that stood out.

Eyre have been building slowly since Christmas - go over the scores, they get a couple players here, couple there, but haven't quite got their full compliment together yet.

They are one to watch... in fact I wouldn't rule them out of finishing 3rd still if Harris can't bat this week.

Jamie has had a decent year and Trav puts his hand up to open the batting each week, they need to keep blooding the young lads along with enticing other ones out there, the core group have been together forever and will all pull up stumps around the same time.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:25 pm

Anyone know why the LO1 Pirates Vs Para Vista match was a draw?
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby auto » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:33 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Anyone know why the LO1 Pirates Vs Para Vista match was a draw?
Dunno but vista b grade looks to be vista a grade in disguise.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Keefy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:39 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Anyone know why the LO1 Pirates Vs Para Vista match was a draw?
According to Vista's FB page they had a bye

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

LOL, they are probably the most "win at all cost" club I've encountered, they simply don't play for the fun of it mate, they play to win, in the higher grades that is.

I knew they were like that back in the day……didn’t think they would still be like that.

The players I mean not the club.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps