10. Mawson Lakes

Thats very generous of you Bedge.....
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 36 times

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:06 am

redyellow&blue wrote:Thats very generous of you Bedge.....

Didn't mind what I saw of Fitzroy last season in the trial match, some handy players and looked reasonable. May have struggled in D5 last year but would expect them to gain results in D6.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:36 pm

Really disappointed in Brahma Lodge.. not getting my giggle fix with them not posting their shit resigning photos/updates. :(

Last couple years it's been elite.. this year nothing.. poor form.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:38 pm

The Bedge wrote:Really disappointed in Brahma Lodge.. not getting my giggle fix with them not posting their shit resigning photos/updates. :(

Last couple years it's been elite.. this year nothing.. poor form.

Sorry man, Covid, all the signings have been done on zoom - dont you know everyone out Norf has the Covid
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:39 pm

Executive Member wrote:Sorry man, Covid, all the signings have been done on zoom - dont you know everyone out Norf has the Covid

Not even the worst thing in their bodies. :lol: 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:47 pm

Eastern park looking for 1 more trial game around the start of March, 6th would be ideal.. Happy to travel if another ground available

If you know of anyone that may be keen, please flick me a message

Thanks
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:09 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Eastern park looking for 1 more trial game around the start of March, 6th would be ideal.. Happy to travel if another ground available

If you know of anyone that may be keen, please flick me a message

Thanks

Try approaching Two Wells, Mallala, Balaklava or HWE directly, I reckon they'll be ideal match ups for you guys.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby DOC » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:24 am

An Adelaide Footy League club has set itself up for a major turnaround in 2022 as it battles to move back up to division five.

West Croydon has moved down to division six of the competition, introducing a new president plus A and B Grade coaches as a result of its recent struggle for results.

The Hawks departed with Farin Wanganeen after finishing second-bottom last season and signed experienced coach David Thompson from Eastern Park, while also locking clubman Nathan O’Keeffe in to the B Grade job.

New president Andrew Rennie – replacing Scott Weinert – said the overhaul signalled a desire to turn the club’s fortunes around.

“We needed to get back to basics. Whenever you’re in a bit of trouble, you need a decent coach who’s going to fit the club, and Dave (Thompson) is just that,” Rennie said.

“We 100 per cent think we can turn it around this year. We got away from it being fun in recent years, so we just have to learn to enjoy the journey.

“We want to focus on making better people first and if we can do that they’ll be invested and become better footballers. We want to get back to being ourselves.”

Rennie had strong praise for Thompson, who has long-time experience in the Adelaide Footy League and heads to Croydon with the major task of getting the club promoted from division six.

He said Thompson was the ideal coach to take the club forward.

“The man knows what he’s doing, you can tell straight away and you can tell he’s got the respect,” Rennie said.

“He’s a genuine leader and a genuine guy. He’s true to himself and it resonates with all the guys. We’re thrilled to have him onboard.”

Preseason has looked positive for the Hawks, and with the season fast-approaching players had bought in on the process of turning the club around.

Rennie said a changed attitude across the playing group would translate into success.

“At times, going down a division, most clubs would have unrest, but there’s none of that here right now,” he said.

“You can sometimes get guys who are quite talented drifting away to other clubs but a lot of these guys want to stick together and see this through.”

Rennie also said it was a positive to see large numbers on the track during preseason after the club experienced injury and depth issues in 2021.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 730 times
Been liked: 2085 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:16 am

What a load of crap.

"An Adelaide Footy League club has set itself up for a major turnaround in 2022 as it battles to move back up to division five."

So the club who asked to go down is now faces the "major task of getting the club promoted from division six.".. umm you could've just stayed in D5.

"Preseason has looked positive for the Hawks, and with the season fast-approaching players had bought in on the process of turning the club around."

Well no shit, you dropped a division FFS..

Can't believe you get sort of article, you poor **** must've been tough taking the easy option out. :roll:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:31 pm

:X 8) :rolleyes:

praise baby jesus.PNG
praise baby jesus.PNG (354.5 KiB) Viewed 3032 times

disney-rafiki.gif
disney-rafiki.gif (1.3 MiB) Viewed 3032 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby redyellow&blue » Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:07 pm

Fun times yet again...
redyellow&blue
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby From50 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:26 am

The Bedge wrote:What a load of crap.

"An Adelaide Footy League club has set itself up for a major turnaround in 2022 as it battles to move back up to division five."

So the club who asked to go down is now faces the "major task of getting the club promoted from division six.".. umm you could've just stayed in D5.

"Preseason has looked positive for the Hawks, and with the season fast-approaching players had bought in on the process of turning the club around."

Well no shit, you dropped a division FFS..

Can't believe you get sort of article, you poor **** must've been tough taking the easy option out. :roll:

Bedge. You need to settle down.
You have absolutely zero idea of what my football club has been through since the end of last season.
You forget this is just an Adelaide footy league with local people trying to keep community alive and enjoy a football club and become part of something.

Let me know when the keys of your club are in the door ready to lock it up one last time.
When the core players that have come through the last full junior program to play 300+ senior games are sitting there stressed about something important in their life may come to an end.
Volunteers who have given 40+ years of their life to keep the place running with fundraising and all the little things in between.

Tell me when you get to that point what you would do.
You are a forum fossil and the only relevance you have is being on this forum Blurting utter bullshit like Kane Cornes.

We’ve flirted with these lines before but this was the darkest time of all of them.
The option we had in 99/2000 to have one team is not available anymore.
We spoke about going to 7 with the league.
Asked if it we could have one team in the Cdivs
But we fell on going to 6 and are having a swing. Atleast we aren’t giving up and having a go.

I’ll be more stoked if the bar stays open and the patrons, players and all involved are just bloody happy.

You can speculate your bullshit all you want and do it on here but you wouldn’t come to the place and say it to the faces of the people that are doing the work.
Say it to thommo I’m sure he’d really appreciate it.
Bravely took on a task that no one here would take on.
Go to another club with no connection and try build something with a list of maybe 7-10 players.

But as per… you know fa and you think you got it but in reality you don’t.
You forget this is just local footy.. we all love it and want to be apart of it. To keep the club going is a GF right now for us and if it does you can come down or I’ll come to you and peacock around all you want.

You are to caught up mate. Get your info right first and then comment or if you got nothing substantial to say shut up.

Get a grip.
From50
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:08 am

******* knock it off!

First of all, i've not said anything about Thommo or him taking on any challenge or coaching job, or the job he's doing - so don't throw that shit at me, in fact i'm pretty sure i've said plenty of times he's a good choice because if nothing else he has a good record of recruiting.

Always sad when clubs face dark times and prospect of closing the doors - no one wants to see it, but the reality is that shit doesn't just happen. You don't just wake up one day and suddenly your club is going under for no reason.. especially one with a budding juniors program, women's team, good community outlet programs/incentives AND a senior football department that has had sustained success in recent years.

Don't go getting wild because I post my views on here..
* I'm not the one who put my club in a position where the club was on its knees i.e. i'm not a player who left, a coach who left or committee member etc
* I'm not the one who posted a passionate FB post talking about financial stability, openly inviting players with incentives, and expressing ambitions of climbing grades.
* I'm not the one who authorised or engaged the Advertiser to write an article like the one listed above.

You think I post shit on here - and I do - but I'm not afraid to say what a lot of people around the traps are thinking right now.

I hope you blokes get through the season and can move forward with a strong future - been plenty of quality blokes over the years at WC.. but for everything else I say, I have no regrets.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:22 am

It's not just West Croydon.. look at the roundabout of ups and downs over the last 20yrs - clubs that either cant see past their nose, don't future plan or mismanage the club - they have good highs and then crash down in dramatic lows.

How many times in the last 15yrs have we seen clubs promoted, win flags, or have solid seasons and 12 months later are required to either drop a division (or 2), or not field a side.

How many times has one of those clubs been a club you'd consider 'well run' with good governance and processes in place?

Every year, same shit, different club.

Maybe these "local people trying to keep community alive and enjoy a football club and become part of something" have their objectives distorted, their process wrong and need to realise that instant success isn't the recipe for a sustainable future.

Call me whatever you like on here, at least I don't hide behind a pseudonym, and rightly or wrongly post with conviction.

Enjoy your weekend, look forward to crossing paths during the season.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby From50 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:It's not just West Croydon.. look at the roundabout of ups and downs over the last 20yrs - clubs that either cant see past their nose, don't future plan or mismanage the club - they have good highs and then crash down in dramatic lows.

How many times in the last 15yrs have we seen clubs promoted, win flags, or have solid seasons and 12 months later are required to either drop a division (or 2), or not field a side.

How many times has one of those clubs been a club you'd consider 'well run' with good governance and processes in place?

Maybe these "local people trying to keep community alive and enjoy a football club and become part of something" have their objectives distorted, their process wrong and need to realise that instant success isn't the recipe for a sustainable future.

Call me whatever you like on here, at least I don't hide behind a pseudonym, and rightly or wrongly post with conviction.

Enjoy your weekend, look forward to crossing paths during the season.

Mate everything you have said for the most part is your last 2 posts have been decent. I told you we are in a rebuild you flatly disagreed and went on to say we are pretty much sandbagging. And want to peacock around after winning an easy flag.
We aren’t about that.
We went in to rebuild mode started again and made choices to change everything from top to bottom before even getting to player issue.

You threw crap out there and then I gave you the truth and you still keep on speculating..
give us a fair go.
Made a choice to go down considering we were meant to be in 6 but obviously Smithfield come in. bosfc stepped up which we are more than grateful for.
But when you say the stuff you said because everyone was “thinking it” you implicate everyone involved, everyone.
The fact you have no substantial info (which you all do now) might give you an understanding of why it’s panned out this way.

I’m not wild about anything. More disrespected that you seem to have found something to go off with out knowing.
We are owning our situation and we are determined and will get better.
Just because the president wrote a letter or the paper rang us asking what going on doesn’t mean we aren’t allowed to put on a positive outlook.

We know what went wrong and thats why we are doing what we are doing.

I have no heat with you Bedge just responding to your thoughts/opinions and being honest in response.
Just have the understanding necessary and by no means are we a victim of anything at all but our club and some others go through this like you said
But you had no idea what was really going on and thought what you thought. Hard to read with that in consideration.

And same to you. Anzac Day if all works out for a great day.
From50
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Arch44 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:07 am

Cmon Bedge I still have half a bag of popcorn left.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:53 am

The Bedge wrote:It's not just West Croydon.. look at the roundabout of ups and downs over the last 20yrs - clubs that either cant see past their nose, don't future plan or mismanage the club - they have good highs and then crash down in dramatic lows.

Is this the problem with compulsory promotion/relegation?

There are probably some clubs that demographically can't go up too many divisions (I'm thinking the likes of Houghton), they could win div 7, be competitive in div 6 but I would think if they ever went up to div 5 they'd be straight back down to 6 the next year so the year in div 5 is almost a waste of time & money.

I wouldn't have a clue though as I've never been involved in the AdFL, so just an outsider looking in
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Sass! » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:03 pm

cracka wrote:

There are probably some clubs that demographically can't go up too many divisions (I'm thinking the likes of Houghton), they could win div 7, be competitive in div 6 but I would think if they ever went up to div 5 they'd be straight back down to 6 the next year so the year in div 5 is almost a waste of time & money.

I wouldn't have a clue though as I've never been involved in the AdFL, so just an outsider looking in

Its probably easy to look at it that way, but i think over the past 10 or so years we've seen a number of clubs completely turn their fortunes around and go from being a regular lower division side to a real powerhouse with a sustainable business model and junior program. Glenunga being one that spring to mind immediately but the likes of Lockleys and others are in that mix also.

It really can be amazing to see what can happen when you get the right committee, enough volunteers to spread the load, the right sponsors and a handy group of players to form your core group that set the culture.

In saying that, fortunes can turn quickly and it can be a hard fall if you dont get it right as we have seen with many. But i do feel there are more getting it right year in and year out than there are getting it wrong.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Pag » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:05 pm

cracka wrote:

There are cases like this mate (not specifically talking about Houghton). It's similar with the Football League setup in England. However, there are also clubs that are able to move through divisions and sustain this. PNU were in Div 4 at one stage a while back, now they've won D1 premierships and have remained there. UMJ were playing Div 4/Div 5, same for Glenunga. Woody South have played both D6 and D1 in this millennium.

Ultimately, if the system is being successful the good and bad years for a club should balance themselves out over a longer period of time.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby carey » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:11 pm

Interesting reading
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2808 times
Been liked: 2996 times