2%
West Croydon
No votes

Total votes : 44

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby Yank Man » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:Anyone have any idea who trains at springbank college? Drove past tonight and had an absolute huge amount of numbers on the track. Would have been 65+

Mitcham train there Monday and Wednesday

I suspect he knew the answer already.. just wanted to covertly get out that the Hawks have bulk numbers.. ;)

Lots of reasons for the numbers, Womens footy trains there as well, plus a few city based players from a country club. Add in committee people, trainers, coaching staff for all grades and it looks impressive. Around a 100 last Wednesday.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Brodlach » Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:22 pm

Any update of Salisbury?

I for one hope they are ok and are able to stay in Div 5. Great prople involved (Grant and his wife are fabulous) and my favorite road trip.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby shoe boy » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Mitcham train there Monday and Wednesday[/quote]
I suspect he knew the answer already.. just wanted to covertly get out that the Hawks have bulk numbers.. ;)[/quote]

Lots of reasons for the numbers, Womens footy trains there as well, plus a few city based players from a country club. Add in committee people, trainers, coaching staff for all grades and it looks impressive. Around a 100 last Wednesday.[/quote]

I counted 24
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:37 pm

shoe boy wrote:Mitcham train there Monday and Wednesday

I suspect he knew the answer already.. just wanted to covertly get out that the Hawks have bulk numbers.. ;)[/quote]

Lots of reasons for the numbers, Womens footy trains there as well, plus a few city based players from a country club. Add in committee people, trainers, coaching staff for all grades and it looks impressive. Around a 100 last Wednesday.[/quote]

I counted 24[/quote]

24 in the woman’s programme, reckon you missed a couple there. I reckon Maths wasn’t you’re best subject at school then. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby S Demon » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:22 am

Yank Man wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Lots of reasons for the numbers, Womens footy trains there as well, plus a few city based players from a country club. Add in committee people, trainers, coaching staff for all grades and it looks impressive. Around a 100 last Wednesday.

I counted 24

24 in the woman’s programme, reckon you missed a couple there. I reckon Maths wasn’t you’re best subject at school then. :D

I'm tipping English wasn't yours.. :lol:
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby beef » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:Any update of Salisbury?

I for one hope they are ok and are able to stay in Div 5. Great prople involved (Grant and his wife are fabulous) and my favorite road trip.

Unfortunately great people doesnt equal great operators.
Last i heard struggling for 2 sides but certainly putting out calls to get 2 sides ups
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:43 pm

S Demon wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Lots of reasons for the numbers, Womens footy trains there as well, plus a few city based players from a country club. Add in committee people, trainers, coaching staff for all grades and it looks impressive. Around a 100 last Wednesday.

I counted 24

I'm tipping English wasn't yours.. :lol:

Nope, I can add up though. :D :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby football tragic » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:32 am

Shaping up as a very good Div 5 comp this year
What`s everyone`s predictions of ladder at season end?
Could be a few sides that surprise,
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Hector » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:32 pm

football tragic wrote:Shaping up as a very good Div 5 comp this year

Think Lockleys, EP and CLG will be the teams to beat. Lockleys need to make the most of a strong club before it's too late, already missed opportunities/unlucky timing with winning premiership in non promotion year.
Gepps Cross probably around the mark as well.
Hectorville to make finals - young side and were competitive last season, just need to turn competitiveness into consistency and wins.

Of the rest - sounds like Salisbury struggling and BOS may struggle (although very commendable to take on the challenge). Interested to see how Kilburn go after last season. Elizabeth and SP will have moments and probably upset some teams but don't think they'll make top 5.

Biggest unknown though is Covid and how it will affect teams throughout the season - missing a couple of key players for a game or two could create a few upsets
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby scottroo » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Lockleys have added guys with SANFL experience, they deserve to be favourites
Eastern Park have loaded up with the forward half, will kick some huge scores

Those two are a clear top two for me

Gepps Cross
Kilburn
CLG
Heccies

In no order to fight for the other 3 places in the 5

Salisbury
BOSFC
St Pauls
Elizabeth

Again in no order will take some scalps on their day but maybe just a little inconsistent to match it with the top 6
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:38 pm

football tragic wrote:Shaping up as a very good Div 5 comp this year

I think there will be some beltings, top 5 or 6 will be great contests where away wins will be worth double.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby HBF39 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:38 pm

scottroo wrote:
Salisbury
BOSFC
St Pauls
Elizabeth

Again in no order will take some scalps on their day but maybe just a little inconsistent to match it with the top 6

Not sure if I misunderstood this, but I don't know how much more consistent a club can get coming off an undefeated premiership season.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
HBF39
Mini-League

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby scottroo » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:38 pm

To be honest I don’t know enough about Elizabeth, but do they have the depth to consistently perform in Div 5?
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:47 pm

HBF39 wrote:
scottroo wrote:
Salisbury
BOSFC
St Pauls
Elizabeth

Not sure if I misunderstood this, but I don't know how much more consistent a club can get coming off an undefeated premiership season.

Div 6 was by far the worst division last year, the top 3 teams in Div 7 would have played finals easily and one of them would have knocked Elizabeth off!

Bit of a reality check coming for them this season when they play the top end teams in Div 5, even the middle ranged teams to be fair! Lol
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby HBF39 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:01 pm

scottroo wrote:To be honest I don’t know enough about Elizabeth, but do they have the depth to consistently perform in Div 5?
That I don't think anyone can answer until the season starts. I just mean it's hard to say inconsistent when they didn't lose a game.

HBF39
Mini-League

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:05 pm

HBF39 wrote:
scottroo wrote:To be honest I don’t know enough about Elizabeth, but do they have the depth to consistently perform in Div 5?
That I don't think anyone can answer until the season starts. I just mean it's hard to say inconsistent when they didn't lose a game.

Well I don’t think he meant they were inconsistent last season.. my take from it was that they may be good enough on their day to knock off some teams but will be up and down in this division, they won’t have it easy like they did last season where they could have 8-9 blokes have a bad day but still beat a team by 10 goals
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby HBF39 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:06 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
HBF39 wrote:
scottroo wrote:
Salisbury
BOSFC
St Pauls
Elizabeth

Div 6 was by far the worst division last year, the top 3 teams in Div 7 would have played finals easily and one of them would have knocked Elizabeth off!

Bit of a reality check coming for them this season when they play the top end teams in Div 5, even the middle ranged teams to be fair! Lol
Look, you can only beat what's in front of you...
I'm not gonna sit here and say they'll easily match it with the best, I just think a bottom 2 prediction and being labelled as inconsistent is unfair after going undefeated.

HBF39
Mini-League

Postby HBF39 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:07 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
HBF39 wrote:

Well I don’t think he meant they were inconsistent last season.. my take from it was that they may be good enough on their day to knock off some teams but will be up and down in this division, they won’t have it easy like they did last season where they could have 8-9 blokes have a bad day but still beat a team by 10 goals
Understood. I get it.

HBF39
Mini-League

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:11 pm

HBF39 wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:
HBF39 wrote:
scottroo wrote:
Salisbury
BOSFC
St Pauls
Elizabeth

Look, you can only beat what's in front of you...
I'm not gonna sit here and say they'll easily match it with the best, I just think a bottom 2 prediction and being labelled as inconsistent is unfair after going undefeated.

I take nothing away from them, an undefeated flag is a crazy achievement and something the club should be very proud of! Just seeing majority of them now get way ahead of themselves by some of the stuff I see them say over social media etc lol so I’m looking forward to them be knocked back a peg or 2!

Going to be good for the northern suburbs either way, don’t think I’ve been old enough to ever see eastern park and Elizabeth cross paths so that’s exciting! Think EP are going ahead with their 60th anniversary match the day they travel up to Dwight reserve so that should be a cracker
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Burner » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:18 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
HBF39 wrote:
scottroo wrote:
Salisbury
BOSFC
St Pauls
Elizabeth

Possibly 1 of Brahma or the units maybe might have snuck into the top 5 last season as it dropped off after the top 4 in d6 but none of them would have come close to knocking off Elizabeth, - or any of the other top 4 sides for that matter, sizeable gap.
To say division 6 was by far the worst division last year is an absolute piss take
Burner

Has liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League