PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:25 pm

Keefy wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:Anyone know why the LO1 Pirates Vs Para Vista match was a draw?
According to Vista's FB page they had a bye

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

With the change of program both club had their lower teams at home so they called it quits.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Richo_37 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:15 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Anyone know why the LO1 Pirates Vs Para Vista match was a draw?

PDCA allowed a club to sit their A grade out due to Covid while their B grade was still permitted to play
Richo_37
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:25 pm

Richo_37 wrote:

PDCA allowed a club to sit their A grade out due to Covid while their B grade was still permitted to play

Is that a question or a statement?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Richo_37 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Richo_37 wrote:

Is that a question or a statement?

Statement
Richo_37
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Angle Vale

Postby The Bedge » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:34 pm

Wow. Boy oh boy!

Surely not?!
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:38 pm

Outraged.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby bored » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:33 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
Keefy wrote:
According to Vista's FB page they had a bye

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

With the change of program both club had their lower teams at home so they called it quits.

Pretty much. Plus the Pirates had a bye scheduled for months and lots of their players had plans.
bored
Under 16s

Postby The Bedge » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:29 am

bored wrote:Plus the Pirates had a bye scheduled for months and lots of their players had plans.

Hardly a valid excuse for a multi-team club.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:36 pm

Bedge will be a very happy man!!

Congrats and so well deserved what a fairytale story!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:39 pm

whufc wrote:Bedge will be a very happy man!!

:lol: :lol: :))
After their big win today, Enfield for grade one next year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:01 am

[quote="#bleedredandblue”] Good luck and congrats on the T20 flag, well deserved[/quote]
Appreciate your support..: wweeeeeeeeeeee
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:02 am

I am chuffed… but.. I won’t be happy until I win a 2 day GF in the A grade.
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:05 am

The Old Fellow wrote:

On a serious note you played very well today. Bowled and fielded well to a plan to support the batting. Congratulations Enfield. Now you need to take the grade 3 premiership.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:16 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:

On a serious note you played very well today. Bowled and fielded well to a plan to support the batting. Congratulations Enfield. Now you need to take the grade 3 premiership.

Was some pretty clean hitting, the score accelerated itself pretty rapidly in the last few overs, one dude hit a couple of lusty sixes basically using a quick flick of the wrist.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:07 am

Was a good game yesterday, the Dublin bowling attack is good, has good depth. Believe they had us around 6/90 at one stage, but a couple of big overs turned the tide.

We were pretty confident if we could get to around 13-140 that we were going to be in the game, and then to execute with the ball the way we did was brilliant. We didn't give much length for them to get their hands through, and forced them wide not allowing them to access the leg side.

Was never comfortable through the chase, Dublin despite not getting boundaries did limit dot balls and seemed to work singles with relative ease and class.

Bloody good night last night, surprisingly I've woken up feeling a million dollars.

I am pretty disappointed though in a group of people who I believe may have been our supporters(?), a lack of decorum towards the end spoiled what should've been a memorable moment, instead presentation was cancelled leaving a somewhat anti-climatic end.

I've been on the back of a number of hidings at the club, particularly in recent years - be humble in defeat, and gracious in victory.. celebrate us, not take shots at the opposition, it's just poor form. End of the day, we only won a knockout T20 comp, whilst our first A grade silverware for 30yrs, we are still rocking up to play Grade 3 this weekend, whilst the Dubby boys will head out to play in the premier division.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:51 am

One two day round to go, some interesting matches.

Grade 1 finals looks set with Dublin 12pts ahead of Virginia, both play each other this week would need an outright.

Eastern Park v Angle Vale will be important, EP will be keen for a win to lock up top spot, and Angle Vale hunting for a home final.

Grade 2: Craigmore miles clear, Smithfield 5pts ahead of NEK in 2nd, Eyre are 13pts behind them in 4th and then Parafield another 12pts back from there. Cant see the top 4 changing positions.

Grade 3: This grade has got interesting - Eyre have been building, and snuck up under the radar to find themselves not only in top 4 contention but could well steal 3rd place this round. Unfortunately OTH have dropped away and struggling. ATCO still a mile ahead of everyone but how good has Dublin been last couple games! Won 2 on the trot, created some headaches - should've knocked off Enfield 3 weeks ago as well. Good finish to the season
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:08 am

The Bedge wrote:Was a good game yesterday, the Dublin bowling attack is good, has good depth. Believe they had us around 6/90 at one stage, but a couple of big overs turned the tide.

We were pretty confident if we could get to around 13-140 that we were going to be in the game, and then to execute with the ball the way we did was brilliant. We didn't give much length for them to get their hands through, and forced them wide not allowing them to access the leg side.

Was never comfortable through the chase, Dublin despite not getting boundaries did limit dot balls and seemed to work singles with relative ease and class.

Bloody good night last night, surprisingly I've woken up feeling a million dollars.

I am pretty disappointed though in a group of people who I believe may have been our supporters(?), a lack of decorum towards the end spoiled what should've been a memorable moment, instead presentation was cancelled leaving a somewhat anti-climatic end.

I've been on the back of a number of hidings at the club, particularly in recent years - be humble in defeat, and gracious in victory.. celebrate us, not take shots at the opposition, it's just poor form. End of the day, we only won a knockout T20 comp, whilst our first A grade silverware for 30yrs, we are still rocking up to play Grade 3 this weekend, whilst the Dubby boys will head out to play in the premier division.

How well did the Royals host the day? The BBQ looked awesome, basically anyone that walked near it bought something.

Only thing I probably would've differently, and it's only because of hindsight after seeing how many people were ticking over nicely by 5pm, I would've played the two shorter women's GF's on oval #2 straight after each other and started the Women's A Grade @ 11am then the mens T20 @ 3pm.

Great day I must say, it was good to catch up with a lot of blokes I haven't seen for a while.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:14 am

The Bedge wrote:

I am chuffed… but.. I won’t be happy until I win a 2 day GF in the A grade.

Obviously I would love to see Atco snag a flag but if it happens to be Enfield I wouldn't be sad, would be just reward for your efforts.
whufc
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Was a good game yesterday, the Dublin bowling attack is good, has good depth. Believe they had us around 6/90 at one stage, but a couple of big overs turned the tide.

How well did the Royals host the day? The BBQ looked awesome, basically anyone that walked near it bought something.

Only thing I probably would've differently, and it's only because of hindsight after seeing how many people were ticking over nicely by 5pm, I would've played the two shorter women's GF's on oval #2 straight after each other and started the Women's A Grade @ 11am then the mens T20 @ 3pm.

Great day I must say, it was good to catch up with a lot of blokes I haven't seen for a while.

I called in for 10 overs after taking the kids to the movies. Enfield were batting.
What surprised me was the amount of people that brought their own grog along and seemed to be the norm. Add to that, those that did buy from the club were allowed to take glass outside! No wonder there is sometimes trouble.
The pink ball stood out clearly and was awesome to watch from side on.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby whufc » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:21 am

Just a quick one but have I missed the boat with something or am I reading the scores wrong.

EP won really comfortably but looked to leave at least 12 overs on the table...….
AV declared with 5 overs to go...…
SW/Virg the only ones to play the game to the end....

Any reason for that, im really surprised especially in AV who were playing CU so any points AV got were at no risk given CU play no role in the final make up.

Is everyone just going with the theory if you win enough games the bonus points don't matter.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps