PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 am

Mythical Creature wrote:

I called in for 10 overs after taking the kids to the movies. Enfield were batting.
What surprised me was the amount of people that brought their own grog along and seemed to be the norm. Add to that, those that did buy from the club were allowed to take glass outside! No wonder there is sometimes trouble.
The pink ball stood out clearly and was awesome to watch from side on.

Damn, if I had of known you were stopping in there I would've hung around a bit longer.

Glass outside, as in bottles?

Yeah, when you're only paying $5 for a premium beer I don't see a need to take your own.

The pink ball's have been used for a while now, perfect for them sort of conditions, they're no good for for much more than 20 overs though, once they scuff a bit they are terrible.

One thing I find interesting about them and does anyone else notice the same thing, they seem to drop quicker through the air when you are under one for a catch?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

I called in for 10 overs after taking the kids to the movies. Enfield were batting.
What surprised me was the amount of people that brought their own grog along and seemed to be the norm. Add to that, those that did buy from the club were allowed to take glass outside! No wonder there is sometimes trouble.

Damn, if I had of known you were stopping in there I would've hung around a bit longer.

Yeah, when you're only paying $5 for a premium beer I don't see a need to take your own.

The pink ball's have been used for a while now, perfect for them sort of conditions, they're no good for for much more than 20 overs though, once they scuff a bit they are terrible.

One thing I find interesting about them and does anyone else notice the same thing, they seem to drop quicker through the air when you are under one for a catch?

I didn't know I was going to pop in. I drove past on way home, then realised that Dublin were playing. Only stayed long enough for kids to play in playground and get me an ice cream from the servo.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:14 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

I didn't know I was going to pop in. I drove past on way home, then realised that Dublin were playing. Only stayed long enough for kids to play in playground and get me an ice cream from the servo.

Ha, you would've straight past me, I was standing near the BBQ for the Enfield innings.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Mythical Creature » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:29 pm

Sorry mate. Didnt see you. Next time :lol:
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:31 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:Sorry mate. Didnt see you. Next time :lol:

I get that a lot :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby GarrytheGOAT » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:13 am

Could be a costly decision by Eastern Park to call the game off early on the weekend, Westies will be doing everything they can to obtain an outright against units and Angle Vale wont be an easy game for the demons. Could potentially finish third on the ladder and lose the home ground advantage!!
GarrytheGOAT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:24 am

GarrytheGOAT wrote:Could be a costly decision by Eastern Park to call the game off early on the weekend, Westies will be doing everything they can to obtain an outright against units and Angle Vale wont be an easy game for the demons. Could potentially finish third on the ladder and lose the home ground advantage!!

In fairness to EP looking at Mycricket scores they seem to have called off a fair few games early and back themselves to keep winning.

They are good enough to win the next 3 and take the flag.

Also AV will need to have a pretty decent win over EP to take their spot.....need an extra 3 bonus points.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:18 am

LETS FIIIIIIGHT!!! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:24 pm

he seemed to thrive and make runs, best way to respond, surely S.Keylock at the other end as a mature adult stepped in and helped simmer down what they were saying, He in no way shape or form would of escelated the situation.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:31 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:he seemed to thrive and make runs, best way to respond, surely S.Keylock at the other end as a mature adult stepped in and helped simmer down what they were saying, He in no way shape or form would of escelated the situation.

Ex player of Atco as well ;) :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:he seemed to thrive and make runs, best way to respond, surely S.Keylock at the other end as a mature adult stepped in and helped simmer down what they were saying, He in no way shape or form would of escelated the situation.

Not sure if Scotty was out there when the comments that pissed me off occurred, I didn't hear of them until around 7pm.

Anyway, there has been movement and the matter will be put to rest and we can all move forward.

Phew, no need to bash anyone
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:46 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:S.Keylock at the other end as a mature adult .

:shock: :lol: :lol:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:46 pm

whufc wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote: S.Keylock .

That's no accomplishment, he's an ex-player at every club. 8) :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote: S.Keylock .

That's no accomplishment, he's an ex-player at every club. 8) :D

When you have that much talent you need to spread it around :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:13 pm

:shock: Justin Carmen 33 overs straight from one end………surely not!!
whufc
Coach

PDCA

Postby BenchedEagle » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:03 pm

whufc wrote::shock: Justin Carmen 33 overs straight from one end………surely not!!
That spell has all but secured him the Grade 1 Bowling trophy.

Batting also looks set with Woody very unlikely to be topped.

Player of the year? Cant pick it.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:18 am

BenchedEagle wrote:
whufc wrote::shock: Justin Carmen 33 overs straight from one end………surely not!!
That spell has all but secured him the Grade 1 Bowling trophy.

Batting also looks set with Woody very unlikely to be topped.

Player of the year? Cant pick it.

Andy Carman or Woody for mine.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:04 am

You'd have to say Westies will win outright - huge game from Davies! That'll give them top spot.

Virginia in a good position to knock off Dublin, but outright would be near on impossible barring a friendly declaration which would be dumb from Dublin.

Semi Final's looks like SW v Dublin and EP v AV.

Grade 2: NEK in a good position over Craigmore, and with Smithfield looking like getting done, the Knights probably steal back second place! Parafield Gardens would need an outright to bump Eyre from the 4 should they lose, don't think they've got it in them.

Semi Final's look like Craigmore v Eyre and NEK v Smithfield.

Grade 3: ATCO early finish to the minor round, rolling Dublin for 35 and passing, calling game off and having a week off with top spot sewn up. Enfield have 2nd spot locked away, OTH are dead and Eyre Royals are hunting 3rd place. Should win outright and go past Two Wells.

Semi Final's look like ATCO v Two Wells and Enfield v Eyre

Grade 4: Westies a mile clear, Eastern Park well ahead of Angle Vale in 2nd who are outright 3rd. Interesting fight for 4th though - NEK, Craigmore and Enfield - Craigmore look to be slight favorites at the moment needing another 11 to pass NEK and Enfield chasing 242 against Westies.

Semi Final's look like SW v Craigmore and EP v AV
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:17 am

The Bedge wrote:You'd have to say Westies will win outright - huge game from Davies! That'll give them top spot.

Virginia in a good position to knock off Dublin, but outright would be near on impossible barring a friendly declaration which would be dumb from Dublin.

Grade 2: NEK in a good position over Craigmore, and with Smithfield looking like getting done, the Knights probably steal back second place! Parafield Gardens would need an outright to bump Eyre from the 4 should they lose, don't think they've got it in them.

Grade 3: ATCO early finish to the minor round, rolling Dublin for 35 and passing, calling game off and having a week off with top spot sewn up. Enfield have 2nd spot locked away, OTH are dead and Eyre Royals are hunting 3rd place. Should win outright and go past Two Wells.

Grade 4: Westies a mile clear, Eastern Park well ahead of Angle Vale in 2nd who are outright 3rd. Interesting fight for 4th though - NEK, Craigmore and Enfield - Craigmore look to be slight favorites at the moment needing another 11 to pass NEK and Enfield chasing 242 against Westies.

Eastern Park may have to win the flag the tough way...….at SW but boy they would bloody love that if they could pull it off.

Calling off games early could cost EP top spot and a home div 1 final. As you would think the ladder will finish something like, presuming SW declare overnight and presumed EP win but don't play on (they will play on this week though surely)

SW- 79.00 + 12(outright) + 4.00 (20 wickets) + 2.76 (276 runs) = 97.76
EP- 87.00+ 6 (win) + 2.00 (10 wickets) + 1.66 (166 runs) = 96.66

Will SW bat a bit longer to try and maximise points knowing EP will probably play a second innings (how long would you bat for if you were SW 20 overs - 100runs) and then bowl them out inside 50 overs.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:19 am

The Bedge wrote:You'd have to say Westies will win outright - huge game from Davies! That'll give them top spot.

Don't dismiss this too quickly, Smithfield have a few out.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps