Port Adelaide 2022

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2022

Postby Brodlach » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:19 am

DOC wrote:
Vamos wrote:We will miss the 8 this year. Butters aside the big draft will flop, Rozee needs to find some MPa

Yep Rozee big draft flop. Should have cut him and kept Woodcock. Butters is a slippery footballer though.

I always thought he was a smooth mover who was quick to spread. He knows his roll which is kicking sausage rolls
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:55 pm

Whilst I think Adelaide can take more from that, with M. Crouch back I feel he's going to take away time in the middle from younger players.

If Crouch, Sloane and Laird are still your best midfielders, you might be more competitive this season but it's not long term. They need more of your young midfielders getting time in there.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:59 pm

stan wrote:Whilst I think Adelaide can take more from that, with M. Crouch back I feel he's going to take away time in the middle from younger players.

If Crouch, Sloane and Laird are still your best midfielders, you might be more competitive this season but it's not long term. They need more of your young midfielders getting time in there.

Am sure Port supporters really give a crap :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby stan » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:04 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
stan wrote:Whilst I think Adelaide can take more from that, with M. Crouch back I feel he's going to take away time in the middle from younger players.

Yeah not sure why I'm talking about it in this thread. Been a long day.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Vamos » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:48 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

200 (12).gif
200 (12).gif (280.71 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 354 times
Been liked: 469 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby MW » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:57 pm

Crouch is 26, laird 28. They're hardly finished mate
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby valleys07 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:56 am

Vamos wrote:We will miss the 8 this year. Butters aside the big draft will flop, Rozee needs to find some MPa

I'm not sure the drop will be that significant. In spite of the fact that we have been the benefactors of covid (games largely on neutral/home ground), on top of soft draws over the past 2 years - I still believe we have the talent to finish 5-8.

I have huge concerns over our small forward stocks, with Fanta, Farrell and Gray injured. Lycett is looking to me like the game has passed him by, and at what point do we get games into Sam Hayes to be ready for our next tilt?

Georgiades our most important signature over the next 6 months.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby The Bedge » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:41 am

Finlayson or Marshall? Who would Port lean towards? Watched the game vs Crows last night, hardly saw Marshall. Crows looked better just inexperienced and lacked polish.

Thought Rozee was ok, and Butters is real good, also thought Boak looked a little off but he still picked up 26 and a couple goals.

Gray should be ok for Rd 1.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:24 pm

The Bedge wrote:Finlayson or Marshall? Who would Port lean towards? Watched the game vs Crows last night, hardly saw Marshall. Crows looked better just inexperienced and lacked polish.

Thought Rozee was ok, and Butters is real good, also thought Boak looked a little off but he still picked up 26 and a couple goals.

Port would lean towards JF, Kenny otherwise.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:28 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Finlayson or Marshall? Who would Port lean towards? Watched the game vs Crows last night, hardly saw Marshall. Crows looked better just inexperienced and lacked polish.

The fascination with Marshall remains one of the most staggered things in the AFL.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5478 times
Been liked: 5119 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:06 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

The fascination with Marshall remains one of the most staggered things in the AFL.

Port looked after him due to his family tragedies which they should be commended for but surely they cut him adrift now.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Booney » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:24 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

In the top 119 of so, certainly. :roll:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7491 times
Been liked: 10772 times

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:33 pm

Ken will realise Marshall is better suited to be a wingman than a forward eventually
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 383 times
Been liked: 1435 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:53 pm

valleys07 wrote: Lycett is looking to me like the game has passed him by, and at what point do we get games into Sam Hayes to be ready for our next tilt?

I said this last year, thought he was labouring mid season, Hayes needs to play.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:52 pm

Spargo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I see your Marshall and raise you Esava. STILL can't take a bloody mark.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby Vamos » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
valleys07 wrote: Lycett is looking to me like the game has passed him by, and at what point do we get games into Sam Hayes to be ready for our next tilt?

I said this last year, thought he was labouring mid season, Hayes needs to play.

Hayes not up to it imo, not even close. Losing Ladhams will cost us dearly, Marshall/Finlayson will have to ruck if Lycett wants a spell or gets injured.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Vamos » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:28 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Ken will realise Marshall is better suited to be a wingman than a forward eventually

Worth a try, or in the back line, pretty set back there though.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:32 pm

Vamos wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:Ken will realise Marshall is better suited to be a wingman than a forward eventually

Give up mate.
He’s not up to scratch.

Div 2 with Havens maybe
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2224 times
Been liked: 2519 times

Postby Vamos » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:58 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Give up mate.
He’s not up to scratch.

Div 2 with Havens maybe

I think most of us have a soft spot for him due to his personal circumstances but you're probably right. Time to cut the cord.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby valleys07 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:09 am

Vamos wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Hayes not up to it imo, not even close. Losing Ladhams will cost us dearly, Marshall/Finlayson will have to ruck if Lycett wants a spell or gets injured.

I disagree. There is enough to suggest Hayes CAN develop into an AFL standard ruckman. He was an elite tap ruckman at junior level which hasn't left him and we have seen glimpses of at both SANFL level and during this pre-season. He has a way to go to develop the motor required to cover the ground enough to make regular impact at AFL level, and the by product of that increased aerobic capacity will be the contested marking, extra tall in defence etc, which we lack. Nankervis destroyed us in the last Q of the 2020 prelim, and I don't want to talk about the same game in 2021. Both games heavily influenced by ruck/midfield dominance.

We need to get games into Hayes asap, ready for that next tilt.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL