Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Aerie » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:59 pm

Arch44 wrote:Bit deceitful by Torrens on the weekend. Flying in Buckingham and Johnson for Sunday without advising Adelaide.

Not as deceitful as that time the Adelaide CC put out the letter to its members supporting the SACA’s forced merger of West Torrens and Port Adelaide, without advising West Torrens.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:21 pm

Aerie wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Bit deceitful by Torrens on the weekend. Flying in Buckingham and Johnson for Sunday without advising Adelaide.

Not as deceitful as that time the Adelaide CC put out the letter to its members supporting the SACA’s forced merger of West Torrens and Port Adelaide, without advising West Torrens.

At least you are acknowledging the deceitfulness.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby DOC » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:40 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:Well done to all sides who made finals, particularly the mighty Eagles (sneaking in two years in a row in a very tight finish).
I just hope that home curators do not prepare 'roads' for the finals, knowing that the away team needs to bowl them out to win the semi.

You are living in la-la land BP if you don’t think Sturt and TTG will prepare absolute roads. May as play the games on Henley Beach Rd :shock:

But that’s the system we have, as WT found out last year when Uni did the same thing. The sooner we follow Victoria Premier Cricket where you can only bat on for 16 overs the following day, leaving 80 overs, the better.

Even though WT made 4/426 at Sturt this year, they could only take six wickets and the game finished in a draw. Sturt’s bowling is terrible, main bowler has taken three wickets for the year at an average of nearly 90 :shock: But their batting is strong, and as minor premier they are in the box seat if they can bat 130 plus overs both weeks of the finals.

Interesting this one as Kensington prepare both wickets (i.e. Jake Brown).

Browny Or Greeny as he is known this week could not stop the tap running at TTG this morning. Looks like the mower run out of juice as well.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:02 pm

Aerie wrote:

Which pales into insignificance when compared to their attempted hostile takeover of SDCC last year and the residual damage since

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:25 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Which pales into insignificance when compared to their attempted hostile takeover of SDCC last year and the residual damage since

Takes two to tango in that situation. The SDCC board were in favour and severely underestimated their membership base. Rightfully so they fell on their swords.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:47 pm

The Hound wrote:With some of the results from round 13, how did the club champs ladder end up?
Can't seem to find it online.

It says Kensington on top. On premiercricket.sa.cricket.com.au under Ladders

Are all scores in though?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Minimum Chips » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:10 am

heater31 wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Takes two to tango in that situation. The SDCC board were in favour and severely underestimated their membership base. Rightfully so they fell on their swords.

Out of that membership base who were so vocal in not merging, how many are actually "on the tools" and helping the club? I suspect not a lot? :roll:
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Corona Man » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:19 pm

Will all senior finals be on frog box?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:28 pm

Corona Man wrote:Will all senior finals be on frog box?

They are supposed to be, but can see couple of issues.

Getting Kensington to do their 2nd Grade will take a miracle :D

Sturt and Glenelg 2nd Grade will have to borrow Woodville’s as at their ground, should not be an issue.

Kensington/TTG may need to borrow one from SACA if they want to do their second games at Col Waite and Bulkana Oval.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:32 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:

Sturt and Glenelg 2nd Grade will have to borrow Woodville’s as at their ground, should not be an issue.

Kensington/TTG may need to borrow one from SACA if they want to do their second games at Col Waite and Bulkana Oval.

I’m not disagreeing with anytime you say here Eags.

As a parent from 800odd clicks away, I’d like to watch my lad and his mates.

If they get through to the GF I will be making the trip across once again.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby billy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:37 pm

Aerie wrote:

Are clubs who are able to access their high performance squad members then required to announce it?

They wouldn't have known the players could get a flight out - if you want the red carpet maybe put in a request for just that to someone who cares.
How many more free rides do you want ?

As was previously commented, if you want to attack other clubs by supporting specific mergers on your website then don't expect them to genuinely give a hoot about your need to get a heads up every-time someone is released from High performance to play in a grade game.

Just be grateful they still allow you to participate - if it's too tough then find something else to do.
billy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Andamooka

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:41 pm

Interesting Josh Roach named in the 2nd Grade for Glenelg. Played Round 1 and 2 in 2nd Grade (last game 23/10/21) and the rest of season in 1st Grade.

Don’t know how this is allowed, obviously had the permit request approved. I know teams have to put in their teams for Finals, and they would have listed Alex Carey, etc but just does not seem right to me.

No skin off my nose, but just generally speaking it has always annoyed me how this sort of stuff is allowed, and a player who plays all year is left out (or luckily gets to play 3rds this week).
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:56 pm

Would they have been able to get one of Irvine or Roach down?

McSweeney
Higgins
Scott
Winter
Bullimore
Irvine
Kerr
Croom
Pudney
Doggett
Bowering

That's 11 even without Carey
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:12 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Would they have been able to get one of Irvine or Roach down?

McSweeney
Higgins
Scott
Winter
Bullimore
Irvine
Kerr
Croom
Pudney
Doggett
Bowering

That's 11 even without Carey

Correct TC, that’s how it works. Just always hated how it happens. Thought there always used to be a rule though that had to play a certain number of games after Xmas in that grade to play finals? Obviously that rule no longer exists :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:16 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

I’m not disagreeing with anytime you say here Eags.

As a parent from 800odd clicks away, I’d like to watch my lad and his mates.

If they get through to the GF I will be making the trip across once again.

Good luck to your son, fantastic weather for this weekend, hopefully they get thru and we get similar conditions next weekend.

With Kensy at full strength (although noticed Dalton and Matchett out - COVID related maybe??) - what grade is he playing tomorrow?
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Insider_Trading » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:41 pm

Heard a story today, that 3 West Torrens players were reported on Sunday just gone vs Adelaide CC.
Players were all told of reports on the day. However, the reporting umpire refused to put the reports in to SACA. Which caused problems in the office on Monday.
As a result an e-mail was sent to clubs reminding them that there will be ZERO tolerance in regards to poor behaviour from now on.

These stories make me laugh if true.
Insider_Trading
Rookie

Been liked: 19 times

Postby maxi » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:21 pm

Another semi final farce for Torrens looks like they won’t bat in a final 2 years running
Work all season to get the opportunity to play finals and get to bowl on roads saca need to look at this
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Port Pirie Power » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:36 pm

maxi wrote:Another semi final farce for Torrens looks like they won’t bat in a final 2 years running
Work all season to get the opportunity to play finals and get to bowl on roads saca need to look at this

They’re roads all season it’s not like the wickets become flat for finals. Perhaps WT need to improve their bowling?
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:45 pm

maxi wrote:Another semi final farce for Torrens looks like they won’t bat in a final 2 years running

Maybe select Tails next time..
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby maxi » Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:56 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:

They’re roads all season it’s not like the wickets become flat for finals. Perhaps WT need to improve their bowling?

Correct maybe they can import another 2 bowlers next year
maxi
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps